Bothenhampton Village





MINUTES OF BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCI.MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL,WALDITCH ON MONDAY 9 SEPTEMBER 2013.

Present: Bob Dennis(Chair),Alan Stenning(Vice Chair), Ed Hanson, Pennie Jones, Colin Sparkes, David Stubbs, Karl Wallace, & Elizabeth Welch.
In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

37. DECLARATION OF INTEREST.

37.1 - To remind Parish Councillors that if a matter arises at a Meeting which relates to an interest in Appendix A of the Code of Conduct adopted by resolution of B&WPC on Monday 9th July 2012, then the member shall not participate in a discussion or vote on the matter. Where a matter arises at the meeting which relates to Appendix B of the Code of Conduct, then the member shall withdraw from the Meeting. Where a matter arises at a meeting which relates to a financial interest of iend, relative or close associate, the member concerned shall disclose the nature of the interest and withdraw from the meeting.

38. APOLOGIES.

38.1 There were apologies from - David Tett, David Stubbs, & Karl Wallace was

39. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meeting of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 8 July 2013, were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.

40. MATTERS ARISING.

4.1- May 2013 - 1 to 12, June - 13 to 24, July - 25 to 36, August - no Meeting, September - 37 to 48, October - 49 to 60, November - 61 to 72, December - no Meeting, January 2014 - 73 to 84, February 2014 -85 to 96, March 2014 - 97 to 108, & April 2014 - 109 to 120. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.

41. DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.05 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.15 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's agenda, there being no further matters raised.

n.b. - There were 4 members of the public present at the Meeting -

42. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR BOTHENHAMPTON.

David Tett - had given Apologies -

43. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR WALDITCH

Mark Roberts - not at Meeting -

44. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH

Ron Coatsworth - commented on a rumour regarding the Waste Station being removed from the District Plan. While it has been removed, this does not mean the Waste Station is not going ahead.

About 5% to 12% of Dorset businesses have registered an interest in Superfast Broadband -

A free DCC Driving Skills course is being advertised, which lasts for 90 minutes.

45.* PLANNING AGENDA for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 9 September 2013

a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC -

1/D/13/000687 - 5 Mount Joy - Extension & external alterations - Action - sent recommendation for Approval on 29/7/13 -

1/D/13/000756 = 21 Elwell - Demolition of existing bungalow & garage and construction of new dwelling & garage - Action - sent recommendation for Approval on 29/7/13 -

1/D/13/000927 - 9 Maple Gardens - Demolish UPVC shiplapextn nd remove garage roof. Erect new extension - Action - sent recommendation for Approval on 8/8/13 -

1/D/13/001016 - Hillside, 3 Crock Lane - Approval of reserved matters for outline planning permission - 1/D/12/001359 - to erect 2 bungalows and modify access - Action - sent recommendation for Approval on 8/8/13 -

1/D/13/001146 - 15 Maple Gardens - Erect replacement Porch to North East Elevation - Action - sent recommendation for Approval 19/9/13 -

1/D/13/001230 - 23 Lansdowne Road - Proposed extension and alterations including enlarged dormer window - sent recommendation for Approval 24/9/13 -


b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc

Certificate of Lawful Use or Development for 8 Meech Close -

1/D/13/000687 - 5 Mount Joy - Approval of Planning Permission -

" TP/13/00195 - Wanderwell Farm House, Bridport - T1 - False Acacia - 25% reduction on crown and dead wooding - Action - PC comments by 26/8/13 - * Consent granted

" TP/13/00196 - 5 Chestnut Road, Bridport - 1No Chestnut - crown raisedto correspond with nearby trees - Action - PC comments by 24/8/13 - * Consent granted

" 1/D/13/000697 - Blossoms, Quarry Lane - Approval of Planning Permission -

" 1/D/13/000686 - 42 Crock Lane - Approval of Planning Permission -

" 1/D/13/000730 - 7 & 7A Crock Lane - Approval of Planning Permission -

" 1/D/13/000927 - 9 Maple Gardens - Approval of Planning Permission -

46.FINANCE AGENDA - B&WPC MEETING - Monday 9 September 2013

Receipts -

i) Statement of Current Account as at 31 August 2013 - 12994.64

ii) Accounts for Payment

Less outstanding cheques as listed :

Cheque

1307 David Landscapes(paid 12 August 2013) 366.05

1308 L BDO Annual Return - 120.00

1309 Clerk's Salary - July & August 2013 - 758.16

1310 Colin Sparkes Expenses - July 2013 - 16.40

1311 Clerk's Expenses - June & July 2013 - 55.27

1312 Bothenhampton Village Hall - 12.00

1313 David Landscapes - 540.10

Total 1501.93

Balance 11492.71

Proposed for payment by Pennie Jones, seconded by Elizabeth Welch, and carried by all Parish Councillors present.

47. * PARISH MATTERS - for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 9 September 2013 .

- n.b. All items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

Please consider minutes 47.2, 47.3, 47.9, & 47.10 at the beginning of Parish Matters -

47.1 - Playground Equipment for the John Holt Play Area is in need of review, to include bench facilities - Site meeting arranged for Thursday 25 April at 10.00 - Pennie/Chris to attend - Action needed to arrange Annual Inspection of Play Areas - to carry out Risk Assessment - Action at Meeting - Pennie agreed to carry out Risk Assessment, and Members agreed for Annual Inspection of Play Areas to be carried out by approved contractor - Action at 10/6/13 Meeting - Risk Assessment to be recommended for Review by July 2013 Meeting - Action - Copy of Risk Assessment Policy to Pennie - Action for Meeting - Approved Risk Assessment policy for 2013, & recommendations for maintenance of John Holt Play Area -

Action for September Meeting - need to consider estimates for Play Area Repairs - Action - Pennie to contact Compny re swing replacements -

47.2 - Walditch Green Garden -Action - Meeting agreed a need for maintenance or refurbishment in Autumn - PC to have site Meeting on Monday 9 September 2013, to assess how the task should be tackled -

Action at September Meeting - to obtain estimates to remove all shrubs and plants - re grass area around seat -

47.3 - Funding for recreation in Bothenhampton - As there were no Bothenhampton Parish Councillors present, the matter was postponed to the next meeting - Action at Meeting - PC suggested that a Stall could be manned at Bothenhampton Village Fete to advertise the WDDC Funding and how it should be allocated - Action - Dave Capewell re PC ? - items for Display Board - Action - Clerk to prepare Display Boards for use on Saturday 20 July 2013 -

Action for September Meeting - to consider Funding for recreation in Bothenhampton - Action Letter and Application Forms given to Pennie -

47.4 - Casual Vacancy for Parish Councillor in Bothenhampton - Action -PC were informed of the Casual Vacancy - Action at Meeting - also to advertise on PC Village Fete Stall - Saturday 20 July 2013 -

Action for September Meeting - to remind PC of continuing Casual Vacancy - Action - All Councillors present agreed to consider problem -

47.5 - Lengthsman's duties for July 2013 -

Bothenhampton - to include

- to cut down stinging nettles over path in Muddy Lane -
- To cut down overhang in Hollow Way path -
- To consider tree overhang in footpath form Crock lane to Pasture Way -

Walditch - clear public areas in Village -
- Clear weeds in Play Area -
- to consider Bench repair in Church grounds -

47.6 - Aftermath of July 2012 Flooding - Action - Agreed that consideration to be given to the pipe outlet to Wanderwell Stream, which runs alongside Groves Nursery. To consult with BTC and Highways Connect- Action at September Meeting - need to contact BTC and Highways Connect -

47.7 - Back up for Clerk & Salary Review -

Action at September Meeting - No Action taken -

47.8 - Erosion of Bank in Hollow Way - Action - Clerk reported that he had conversation with DCC Highway Maintenance Manager, Martin Hill - Action - understand from DCC that another company now has contract and will be reporting in due course -

Action at September Meeting - Members have noticed that weeds are growing on bank -

47.9 - Application for Grant from Bothenhampton Village Hall Committee -

Application for Grant from Walditch Village Hall Committee -

Action at September Meeting - Agreed to award Grant of 1000 to Walditch VHC for their Shed Project, and 1000 to Bothenhampton VHC for their room conversion project in the Village Hall -

47.10 - Audit for year ended 31 March 2013 -

Action for September Meeting - The Annual Return for the Audit for the year ended 31 March 2013 was Approved and accepted by the Parish Council -

47.11 - Hollow Way Bank - dangerous overhang - Action - Clerk has spoke to Martin Hill, and understands that the matter is being investigated - Clerk to update - Action - to be initially actioned by Lengthsman, and DCC Highways have been requested to consider further maintenance.

Action at September Meeting - No Action taken -

47.12 - Footpaths Officer for Bothenhampton & Walditch -

Action at September Meeting - Agreed that Debbie Knight of 7 Sunnyside, Main Street, should become Volunteer Bothenhampton Footpaths Officer -

47.13 - Pedestrian Access to Cemetery Play Area - Action - Matter to be fully considered at September Meeting -

Action at September Meeting - Estimates to be obtained for Amenity Gate -

47.14 - Notice Boards -

Action at September Meeting - No Action taken -

Proposals for the Parish Matters Agenda of the October 2013 Meeting

Discussion of Neighbour Plan - Colin to lead -

48. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.
48.1 - Countryside Voice - to Pennie -
48 .2 - BLAP Notes -
48.3 - Electoral Review of West Dorset -
48.4 - Dial Access Dorset - to Pennie -
48.5 - Special Constable Advert - for Walditch VH Notice Board -
48.6 - CAB Poster - to Pennie for Bothenhampton NB -

The next Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at BOTHENHAMPTON VILLAGE HALL, on MONDAY 14 October 2013, commencing at 7 pm.

There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 8.30 p.m.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

Monday 9 September 2013 -

Pat Pulman mentioned that the Play Area had a considerable number of weeds- Action - Clerk to ask Lengthsman to work in Play Area and reduce weeds, also to request that a safe weedkiller is used on the boundary. Pat also mentioned that the Play Area was in need of additional bark - Action - Clerk to investigate -

A number of Walditch residents had concerns about the High Hedge around the boundary of 3 The Green. Apparently it is impeding vision on the Highway. Clerk requested to write to owners of 3 The Green, although he will first e mail Councillor Mark Roberts as he is aware that some concerns were expressed to him at the June 2013 Meeting.

Bothenhampton & Walditch residents have expressed concern regarding the planned withdrawal of the Saturday 210/44 Bus Service.