Bothenhampton Village





MINUTES OF BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL WALDITCH, ON MONDAY 10 October 2016.

Present: Alan Stenning(Vice Chair), Ian Bark, Ed Hanson, Pennie Jones, & Colin Sparkes. .
In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

45. DECLARATION OF INTEREST.

45.1 - To remind Parish Councillors that if a matter arises at a Meeting which relates to an interest in Appendix A of the Code of Conduct adopted by resolution of B&WPC on Monday 9th July 2012, then the member shall not participate in a discussion or vote on the matter. Where a matter arises at the meeting which relates to Appendix B of the Code of Conduct, then the member shall withdraw from the Meeting. Where a matter arises at a meeting which relates to a financial interest of friend, relative or close associate, the member concerned shall disclose the nature of the interest and withdraw from the meeting.

46. APOLOGIES.

46.1- There were apologies from - Bob Dennis, & Geoff Matthews.

47. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meetings of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 12 September 2016, were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.

48. MATTERS ARISING.

26.1- May 2016 - 1 to 11, June - 12 to 22, July - 23 to 33, August - no Meeting, September - 34 to 44, October - 45 to 55, November - 56 to 66, December - no Meeting, January 2017 - 67 to 77, February 2017 -78 to 88, March 2017 - 89 to 99, & April 2017 - 100 to 110. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.

49.DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.03 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.10 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's Agenda, there being no further matters raised.

n.b. - There was 1 member of the public present at the Meeting.

50. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLORS FOR BRIDPORT SOUTH.

Dave Rickard - Absent from Meeting -

51. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH.

Ron Coatsworth - Absent form Meeting -

52.* PLANNING AGENDA for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 10 October 2016.

a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC -

WD/D/16/001920 - 12 Mount Joy - Erect side & rear extensions, installation of rear dormer & balcony, front & rear roof lights & raised decking - Corporate View of PC is to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.

WD/D/16/001929 - 50 Crock Lane - Erect rear extension over existing basement level and erect porch and dormer windows to front of dwelling - Corporate View of PC is to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.

WD/D/16/002003 - 7 Wych Hill, Bridport - Erect First Floor Extension & carry out internal & external - Corporate View of PC is to recommend an Objection to Planning Consent - Overdevelopment.

WD/CA/16/00316 - Long Cottage, Walditch - Fell 1 Lawson Cypress - no comments made -

WD/TP/16/00326 - 10 Howard Close, Bridport - reduce Silver Birch by 10% - no comments made -

WD/ CA/00341 - Acers, Walditch - fell 1 Maple, & reduce another - no comments made -

WD/TP/16/00347 - 70 Howard Road - 2 Silver Birches - raise crown, 1 Cherry Laurel - pollard to 1.5M - no comments made -

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

WD/D/16/001637 - Dorwest Packaging, Firch Lane, Walditch - Refusal of Change of Use -

WD/CA/16/00300 - Quoits, Walditch - fell 1 Cypress - Authorisation.

53. FINANCE AGENDA - B&WPC MEETING - Monday 10 October 2016.

Receipts - WDDC Precept - 12925.58

i) Current Account as at 30 September 2016 - 27820.51

ii) Accounts for Payment

Less outstanding cheques as listed :-

Cheques

1513 - Clerk's September 2016 Salary - 444.63

1514 - BDO LLP - Review of Annual Return 2016 - 240.00

1515 - Post Office Ltd - HMRC July, Aug, & Sept 2016 - 333.48

1516 - Walditch Village Hall - 15.00

1517 - Clerk's Accommodation - July to Sept 2016 - 97.50

1518 - Talk Talk Business - Broadband connection - 210.38

1519 - Bridport Area Lengthsman - 1080.00

1520 - David Landscapes limited - grass cutting - 449.07

1521 - David Landscapes Limited - John Holt gate repair - 236.59

Total 3106.65

Balance 24713.86

Invoices Initialled,& Cheques as listed were proposed for payment by Ian Bark, seconded by Colin Sparkes, and carried by all Parish Councillors present.

54. * PARISH MATTERS - for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 10 October 2016.

- n.b. All items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

54.1 - Consideration of Budget/Precept for 2016/2017 -

Action at October Meeting - Arranged Budget Meeting in Bothenhampton Village Hall with Bob Dennis & Ian Bark for Monday 7 November at 09.30 to 10.30 -

54.2 Annual Return to be Approved & Accepted by PC -

Action at October Meeting - Annual Return was Approved by Ian Bark, seconded by Pennie Jones,& carried by all Parish Councillors present at Meeting -

54.3 - Lengthsman's duties for October 2016 -

Bothenhampton -

* Construct steps to provide easier access from Footpath 5/14 to Bowhayes -
Nb -contacted DCC, Bowhayes is private road - requested DCC does estimate of cost - nb - not received to date -

Monthly Inspection of John Holt Play Area -
- Including Picnic Tables, gate mechanism, & Safety Surfaces -
- Ivy to be cleared from wall -

Remaining Bench to be considered for suitable site by PC - agreed location -
Crock to be cleared of vegetation in Crock Lane -

Walditch - Spinners Lane - Chimney Report - WDDC Building Control -

*Site inspection of Spinners Lane - drain outlet to be cleared -

Site inspection of John Gundry Play Area, & bin emptying if necessary -
- To re-instate drain gully adjacent to Hyde Farmhouse, Walditch -
- Observation of Spring in Lower Walditch Lane -

54.4 - Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan -

Action at September Meeting - Ian commented on the recent Housing Needs Assessment -

Action at October Meeting - Colin to contact Katy Graham with a view of joining Neighbourhood Plan as a Bothenhampton rep -
Ian distributed notes on Neighbourhood Plan progress to date -
54.5 - Review of cover arrangements for Clerk -

Action at September Meeting -Meeting arranged for Tuesday 4/10/16 at 09.00

Action at October Meeting - Next Meeting for Review on Monday 7 November 2016 at 10.30

54.6 - Play Areas Inspection Reports -

Action at July Meeting - Inspection Reports for May 2016 now with Pennie Jones -
David Landscapes estimate for refurbishment presented to PC. Clerk advised to negotiate detail in forthcoming weeks -

Action at September Meeting - Pennie absent - Approved replacement of gatepost in John Holt Play Area at estimated cost of 260 -

Action at October Meeting - Pennie to supply Inspection Reports -

54.7 - DCC Grant - progress of proposals -

Action at September Meeting - Display panels should be completed in the next few weeks -

Action at October Meeting - May be fitted - Clerk to enquire -

54.8 - Provision of dog waste bins in Parish -

Action at July Meeting - PC suggested that WDDC Waste Bins were requested to be positioned in Blood Lane(off Crock Lane), and at the entrance to Jellyfields LNR. Further site at top of footpath leading down to Walditch Road agreed by PC -

Action at September Meeting - PC agreed to purchase 3 Dog Waste Bins via BTC, and the fitting should be completed by the Lengthsman when available -

Action at October Meeting - PC authorised purchase of 2 bins for Blood Lane & Jellyfields LNR rear entrance.

54.9 - Overhang of trees in Crock Lane - adjacent to the Bowhayes turning, and to the back of Elwell - Clerk to contact DCC Highways -
Action at October Meeting - DCC Highways to be contacted -

54.10 - Risk Assessment Policy - Annual Review to be carried out by PC -
Action at October Meeting - copies to PC members present - to be reviewed at November Meeting -

54.11 - St. Mary's Churchyard, Walditch -
Action at October Meeting - Churchyard Grant request Approved of 1200 -

Proposals for Parish Matters Agenda - for November 2016 Meeting

Condition of Walditch notice board - to be placed on Agenda -


55. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.
55.1 - Ring & Ride Services - to Colin for review on 12/9/16 - for Parish Matters at next Meeting -
55.2 - CPRE Journals -for the October Meeting of the Parish Council
55.3 - Blood Lane letter - follow up by Ian Bark -
55.4 - The Pension Regulator - to next Meeting -
55.5 - BLAP - Council Consultation + AGM -dates given to PC members -
The next Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at BOTHENHAMPTON VILLAGE HALL, on MONDAY 14 November 2016, commencing at 7 pm.

There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 8.20 p.m.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR

Monday 10 October 2016 :-

Comments made re ownership of Blood Lane by local resident - ownership still being investigated by Parish Councillor Ian Bark.