Bothenhampton Village





MINUTES OF BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCI.MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL BOTHENHAMPTON, ON MONDAY 13 OCTOBER 2014.

Present: Bob Dennis(Chair), Alan Stenning(Vice Chair), David Stubbs, Ian Bark, & Colin Sparkes.
In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

49. DECLARATION OF INTEREST.

49.1 - To remind Parish Councillors that if a matter arises at a Meeting which relates to an interest in Appendix A of the Code of Conduct adopted by resolution of B&WPC on Monday 9th July 2012, then the member shall not participate in a discussion or vote on the matter. Where a matter arises at the meeting which relates to Appendix B of the Code of Conduct, then the member shall withdraw from the Meeting. Where a matter arises at a meeting which relates to a financial interest of friend, relative or close associate, the member concerned shall disclose the nature of the interest and withdraw from the meeting.

50. APOLOGIES.

50.1- There were apologies from - Pennie Jones & Ed Hanson

51. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meeting of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 14 July 2014, were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman. The Draft Minutes of the September Meeting, where there was not a Quorum, were noted and duly signed by the Chairman.

52. MATTERS ARISING.

52.1- May 2014 - 1 to 12, June - 13 to 24, July - 25 to 36, August - no Meeting, September - 37 to 48, October - 49 to 60, November - 61 to 72, December - no Meeting, January 2015 - 73 to 84, February 2015 -85 to 96, March 2015 - 97 to 108, & April 2015 - 109 to 120. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.

53. DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.05 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.15 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's agenda, there being no further matters raised.

n.b. - There were 2 members of the public present at the Meeting.

54. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR BOTHENHAMPTON.

David Tett -

1. Local Plan : The Public Hearing into the examination of the Local Plan will open on the 25th November and last for three weeks until the 12th December.

2. Service Review : The District Council has now started its review of the support it gives to Community and Voluntary Organisations. The total current level of funding is in the region of 874,000, and the minimum target saving is 10% i.e. 80,000. The changes will take effect in April 2016.

3. Election Costs : The District Council is proposing to re-charge the costs of Local Elections to Town and Parish Councils with effect from 2015/2016. From 2002 these costs were met by the District Council from Reserves. A decision on this controversial issue was expected to be made at tomorrow's Executive Committee Meeting. However, the Council would first wish to consult with Town and Parish Councils to gauge the effect the possible different charging might affect them.

55. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR WALDITCH

Mark Roberts - A discussion between the Chair, Bob Dennis, and Mark Roberts about the possible charging of Parish Councils for Elections followed David Tett's comments in his written Report.

Mark also mentioned the Boundary Commission's decision on the reduction in the number of District Councillors. Bothenhampton & Walditch Parish Council will be within the boundary of South Bridport.

A Partnership is being considered with North Dorset District Council, who presently have offices in Blandford. This partnership could realize savings of 6M, with a single Chief Executive in post.

56. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH.

Ron Coatsworth - further outlined the selling of District Council buildings on the Quay at Weymouth, and described the offices at Blandford as being rather old.

New legislation will enable DCC to charge for Signs to specific sites and buildings, e.g.signs to Medical Centres.

Policy on emptying gullies has been modified where except for Main Roads, gullies will been cleared on demand.

57.* PLANNING AGENDA for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 13 October 2014 .

a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC -

WD/D/14/ 002137 - Three Corners, 2 Elwell - Corporate View for PC to recommend an Objection for reasons as listed -

WD/D/14/002307 - 28 Manor Fields - Corporate View of the PC is to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.

WD/D/14/002515 - Blossoms, Quarry Lane - Corporate View for the PC to recommend an Objection for reasons as listed -

WD/D/14/002551 - 2 Howard Close - Corporate View of the PC is to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.

WD/D/14/002547 - 7 Mount Joy, Bridport - Corporate View of the PC is to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.

WD/D/14/002547 - Autumn Cottage, 4 Wych Hill - Corporate View of PC is to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.


b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc

WD/D/14/00207 - The Barn, 2 Walditch Road - Request for confirmation of compliance as listed -

WD/D/14/ 001845 - 91 Crock Lane - Approval -

WD/D/14/001945 - The Cottage, Walditch Road - Approval -

WD/D/14/001964 - The Barn, 2 Walditch Road - Approval -

WD/CA/14/00298 - Thatch Cottage, Quarry Lane - Authorisation given as listed -

58. FINANCE AGENDA - B&WPC MEETING - Monday 13 October 2014.

Receipts - S 106 Grant - 2081.06

Precept + LCTS Grant - 11,330.00 i) Statement of Current Account as at 30 September 2014 - 24,567.77

ii) Accounts for Payment

Less outstanding cheques as listed :-

Cheques

1379 - Holy Trinity Church, Bothenhampton - Old Churchyard Grant - 1170.00

1380 - Talk Talk Business - Broadband - 195.98

1381 - David Landscapes Ltd - Grasscutting - 850.80

1382 - Bridport Town Council - Lengthsman - 1080.00

1383 - Post Office Ltd - (HMRC July to September 2014 - Tax) - 284.31

1384 - C T Dobbs - Expenses as listed - 44.50

1385 - C T Dobbs - September 2014 Salary - 404.33

1386 - C T Dobbs - Office Accommodation - 97.50

1387 - Double D Computers - New Parish Computer - 509.98

Total 4637.40

Balance 19930.37 Cheques as listed proposed for payment by Ian Bark, seconded by Colin Sparkes, and carried by all Parish Councillors present.

59. * PARISH MATTERS - for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 13 October 2014.

- n.b. All items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

59.1 - Excel Cashbook Statement - printed 13.10.14 , showing Total Receipts, Spending, Budget, & % Spend.

Action at October Meeting - PC Approved the Accounts Excel Cashbook 1415 v 1(2) B&WPC, printed 13 October 2014.

59.1a - Approval of Annual Return - Action at October Meeting - The Audit for the year ended 31 March 2014 has been received on 10/9/2014. As there were no matters which came to the Auditors attention, the Annual Return was Approved and accepted by the Parish Council.

59.2 - Ab Antiquo - to consider solutions to problem of Ab Antiquo porch being hit

Action at June Meeting - Ian Bark suggested that DCC should be requested to acknowledge the receipt of the letter - Clerk to Action -

Action at July Meeting - Clerk read e mail reply from Richard Stubbs, Technical Officer, DCC - ' Further to your e mail I can confirm that the e mail from the Parish Council dated 14 May 2014 has been received and it's contents noted '. There was no further discussion regarding the matter at the Meeting, as the proposals regarding porch strengthening and the placement of bollards on Ab Antiquo land had been fully documented & supported by the PC in the 14 May e mail.

Action at October Meeting - No Action

59.3 - Estimates for Cedar Tree at Valley View Amenity site Safety Report -

Action at July Meeting - PC considered that estimates were too high, and asked the Clerk to consult further with Graham Cox, Senior Tree Officer WDDC.

Action at October Meeting - Clerk described to Meeting that DCC had indicated that a survey could be possible, but have not yet made any arrangements.

59.4 - Lengthsman's duties for October 2014 -

Harrison Way needs attention -

To strim lower part of Hollow Way footpath -
Quarry Lane - to strim back area at lower end of Lane -

Walditch - Grips in Lower Walditch Road -

59.5 - Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan - Update to Meeting -

Action at June Meeting - Colin Sparkes and Chris Dobbs attended a Working Group Meeting on Friday 6 June at Mountfield. The next meeting has been arranged for Friday 4 July - Ian Bark and Colin Sparkes have agreed to attend.

Action at July Meeting - PC agreed to earmark 500 to Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan, with a further 500 to follow, and also agreed the Outline Decision Making Structure * for the Plan. Walditch resident, David Hill, has indicated an interest in being a local volunteer and is to be invited to attend the next PC Meeting on Monday 15 September 2014.

* The proposed structure would see a joint committee of participating councils with delegated authority to take executive decisions in relation to the Plan - budget etc. with a Steering Group(comprising community representatives), responsible for day to day delivery of the Plan(reporting to the Joint Committee). The Plan would be community- led, through the Steering Group but the Joint Committee would monitor the project implementation.

Action at October Meeting -next Meeting for Working Group(Chris Dobbs & Ian Bark), on Monday 27 October -

59.6 - Review of cover arrangements for Clerk -

Action at June Meeting - Ian Bark agreed to shadow Clerk, and a meeting has been arranged for Monday 7 July at 10.00 at 6 Sunnyside -

Action at July Meeting - Ian commented on his two hour visit where Chris had outlined to him the preparation processes for this Meeting. He considered that while a complex process, he felt reasonably confident of being able to complete the work if necessary. A further shadowing exercise has been agreed for Monday 6 October from 10.30 to 12.30.

Action at October Meeting - Ian Bark attended Meeting and assisted Clerk in preparation of the Excel Cashbook document. Ian will attend Meeting with the Clerk on Monday 3 November, and has requested that Planning Procedures are explained.

59.7 - Off centre Mini Roundabout in Walditch Road - Site Meeting recommended -

Action at July Meeting - Clerk outlined site meeting date with DCC Highways Officers Sue Sadler & Richard Stubbs, of Thursday 31 July at 10.00. Alan Stenning & Ian Bark agreed to attend.

Action at October Meeting - No Action - for next Meeting -

59.8 - Parish Computer - Clerk to update -

Action at July Meeting - Clerk appreciated that the PC agreed for the purchase of a new Parish Computer, but felt that further research should be carried out before going ahead.

Action at October Meeting - Clerk has ordered Computer(see Finance File), and arranged for transfer of data before the November Meeting.

59.9 - Play Area Inspection Reports -

Action at July Meeting - Clerk outlined that Inspection Reports for John Holt & John Gundry Play Areas had been completed in May 2014, and that some maintenance work had been recommended for both sites. He recommended that Reports may need further scrutiny by the September Meeting.

Action at October Meeting -No Action - to arrange Meeting with Pennie Jones before November Meeting -

59.10 - Elizabeth Welch delivered a letter of resignation from her position as a Parish Councillor, but agreed to hold the matter and attend the next Meeting on Monday 15 September. Elizabeth also indicated that she was interested in being involved in the Neighbourhood Plan.

Action at October Meeting - PC noted Elizabeth's absence, and Chair suggested letter of appreciation if resignation confirmed.

59.11 - Planning query re Church Hayes Caravan & Boat Storage -

Action at October Meeting - Awaiting advice from Planning Enforcement Officer -

59.12 - DCC Footpath Maintenance -

Action at October Meeting - PC has agreed SLA plan in principle, but will make further consideration at November Meeting -

59.13 - Boundary Commission Maps -

Action at October Meeting - maps & detail to Ian Bark -

59.14 - Budget for 2015/2016 -

Action at October Meeting - Clerk arranged Budget setting Meeting with Bob Dennis & Ian Bark for Tuesday 28 October at 10.00, Bothenhampton Village Hall -

59.15 Grant request for Walditch Churchyard - Action at October Meeting - payment of 1200 approved for payment at November Meeting -

Proposals for Parish Matters Agenda - November 2014 Meeting.

No proposals made -

60. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.
60.1 - BT proposed public box removal - Walditch - for November Meeting -
60.2 - NSPCC letter - to Bob - to consider at October Meeting -
60.3 - Pupils due to start School in September 2015 - for Pennie at November Meeting -
60.5 - E mail from Steve Legg - to Ian - for July Meeting Agenda - Clerk to make enquiries with DCC - contact Denise Thorner -
60.6 - Flood Warden Campaign -
60.7 - Ring & Ride Grant - to find out more !
60.8 - DAPTC Newsletter -

The next Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at BOTHENHAMPTON VILLAGE HALL, on MONDAY 10 November 2014, commencing at 7 pm.

There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 8.45 p.m.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR

Monday 13 October 2014 - visit of a couple who had concerns about the Planning Application for Three Corners WD/D/14/002137. They considered that the proposed structure of an additional property in the grounds of 3 Corners may well be an overdevelopment.