Bothenhampton Village


Present: Bob Dennis(Chair), Ian Bark, Pennie Jones, Ed Hanson, Colin Sparkes, & Elizabeth Welch.
In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).


56.1 - To remind Parish Councillors that if a matter arises at a Meeting which relates to an interest in Appendix A of the Code of Conduct adopted by resolution of B&WPC on Monday 9th July 2012, then the member shall not participate in a discussion or vote on the matter. Where a matter arises at the meeting which relates to Appendix B of the Code of Conduct, then the member shall withdraw from the Meeting. Where a matter arises at a meeting which relates to a financial interest of friend, relative or close associate, the member concerned shall disclose the nature of the interest and withdraw from the meeting.


57.1- There were apologies from - Alan Stenning, Geoff. Matthews, Dave Rickard, & Ron Coatsworth -


The Minutes of the previous Meetings of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 12 October 2015, were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.


59.1- May 2014 - 1 to 11, June - 12 to 22, July - 23 to 33, August - no Meeting, September - 34 to 44, October - 45 to 55, November - 56 to 66, December - no Meeting, January 2016 - 67 to 77, February 2016 -78 to 88, March 2016 - 89 to 99, & April 2016 - 100 to 110. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.


At 7.04 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.06 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's Agenda, there being no further matters raised.

n.b. - There were 0 members of the public present at the Meeting.


Dave Rickard - Apologies sent -


Regarding 54.11 - Parking in Crock Lane

Ron suggested at the October Parish Council that a Parking Scheme by DCC is considered for Crock Lane -

Verbal notification of 1380 DCC Grant for environmental improvements - must be applied for by 20 January 2015 -

PC indicated that the Information Signs in Bothenhampton LNR were in need of renovation.

The pond in Jellyfields LNR needs digging out - Clerk to contact DCC Senior Ranger -

63.* PLANNING AGENDA for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 9 November 2015.

a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC -

WD/D/15/002067 - 10 Crock Lane - Alterations to existing conservatory - Corporate View to recommend Approval of Planning Consent -

WD/D/15/002464 - 45 Crock Lane -Erect conservatory & porch extn etc as listed in Application - to Meeting 9/11/15 - nb - Corporate View Authorisation Approved for Colin -

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

WD/D/15/001291 - 43 Main Street - Approval of listed building consent -

WD/D/15/001972 - 6 Manor Barn, Main Street - Approval of Planning Permission -

WD/D/15/001861 - 3 Nordons, Crock Lane - Approval of Planning Permission -

64. FINANCE AGENDA - B&WPC MEETING - Monday 9 November 2015.

Receipts - Closing & Transfer of Business Reserve A/C 71236120 to Current A/C - 4908.87 -
i) Statement of Current Account as at 31 October 2015 - 20,205.93
ii) Accounts for Payment
Less outstanding cheques as listed :-

1454 - Clerk's October 2015 Salary - 404.33
1455 - St. Mary's Churchyard, Walditch - Grant - 1200.00
1456 - Old Churchyard, Bothenhampton - 1200.00
1457 - Derek Ridge - Repairs to wall at John Holt Play Area - 104.00
1458 - Clerk's November expenses - 40.70
1459 - David Landscapes - 283.60
1460 - Axe Valley & West Dorset Ring & Ride Services Ltd - 100.00
1461 - Forest & Tree Care Ltd - 288.00
1462 - Black & White IT - 85.00

Total 3705.72

Balance 16500.21

Cheques as listed proposed for payment by Ed Hanson, seconded by Pennie Jones, and carried by all Parish Councillors present.

65. * PARISH MATTERS - for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 9 November 2015.

- n.b. All items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

65.1 - Review of Risk Assessment Policy -

Nb. Copies distributed at June Meeting - 5 further copies available at this Meeting -

Action at July Meeting - Review to now take place at September Meeting - Clerk to distribute present Policy with July Minutes -

Action at September Meeting - Copies of Policy distributed, and Review delayed to October Meeting

Action at October Meeting - Debate and Review carried out - Risk Assessment Policy for 2015/2016 agreed by all Parish Councillors present.

Action at November Meeting - Review Approved, and Clerk requested to Report to January Meeting on storage arrangements for all Deeds and Documents relating to Parish Council Assets.

65.2 - Budget/Precept 2016 -2017 - need to calculate Budget - request meeting with 2 Parish Councillors to finalise details - suggested dates - Tuesdays 10/11/15 or 17/11/15 at 10.00 -

Action at November Meeting - Meeting with Bob Dennis & Pennie Jones arranged for Tuesday 17 November at 08.30, 6 Sunnyside, Main Street, Bothenhamoton.

65.3 - Consideration of Emergency Access at narrow part of Main Street -

Action at October Meeting - Parish Councillors present endorsed the view of the experts present at the Democratic Hour previously held,( see Report dated 12 October 2015).

Action at November Meeting - Clerk read e mail from Blair Turner, DCC Community Highways Officer, to Meeting describing design progress of the proposed scheme.

65.4 - DCC Highways have not yet cleared outlet to Wanderwell Stream -

Action at September Meeting - e mail received from Balfour Beatty confirming inspection procedures. Clerk to enquire about inspection at outlet adjacent to Groves Nurseries -

Action at October Meeting - Clerk advised to speak with BTC regarding the matter.

Action at November Meeting - Colin to arrange meeting with Darryl Chambers, BTC Surveyor, regarding the outlet leading out to Groves Nurseries.

65.5 - Estimates for Cedar Tree at Valley View Amenity -

Action at September Meeting - Estimates totally 240 for remedial work in Valley View Amenity Area Approved by PC. To investigate Report re state of Walnut tree on site -

Action at October Meeting - Clerk advised to instruct Forest & Tree Care to proceed -

Action at November Meeting - Clerk reported that work had been completed, and that Walnut Tree was considered to be in growth.

65.6 - Lengthsman's duties for November/December 2015 -

Bothenhampton -

* Construct steps to provide easier access from Footpath 5/14 to Bowhayes -
Nb -contacted DCC, Bowhayes is private road - requested DCC does estimate of cost - nb - not received to date -

Clear drains in Hollow Way - Ed to enquire re DCC input -

Monthly Inspection of John Holt Play Area -

Maintenance of gullies half way along Long Lane -

Cut back overhanging Branches along the left side of Burton Road -

Walditch - Spinners Lane - Chimney Report - WDDC Building Control -

Site inspection of Spinners Lane -

Monthly Inspection of John Gundry Play Area, to include Bin emptying.

Drain - halfway up on the left of Lower Walditch Lane - suggestion that spoil is shifted to the other side of the road.

65.7 - Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan -

Action at October Meeting - Ian commented that Public Consultation was now complete, and some planning to contact every householder is being designed -

Action at November Meeting -Ian reported that Working Groups had now been formed-

65.8 - Review of cover arrangements for Clerk -

Action at October Meeting - The next Meeting with Clerk and Ian has been arranged for Wednesday 4 November -

Action at November Meeting - Next meeting to be arranged for the 9th or 10th December as agreed -

65.9 - Play Area Inspection Reports & refurbishment of John Holt Play Area -

Action at September Meeting - Clerk to arrange Inspection of John Holt & John Gundry Play Areas, post completion of John Holt Play Area refurbishment -

Action at October Meeting - Approved to arrange an out of sequence inspection of John Holt & John Gundry Play Area at the cost of 218 + VAT for the first site, & 65 +VAT for the second site.

Action at November Meeting - Clerk has requested Playsafety Ltd carry out inspection of both sites in November -

65.10 - Parking in Crock Lane -

Action at October Meeting - Ron suggested that PC request a ' Parking Scheme for Crock Lane ', from DCC

Action at November Meeting - Clerk to e mail DCC Highways with request to carry out remarking of white lines in Crock Lane.

65.11 - Additional BT Pole in John Holt Play Area - Paul Vallance BT Surveyor 07802914117 - - Suggest site meeting on Mondays 23/11 or 30/11 at 10.30 -

Action at November Meeting - Bob Dennis & Pennie Jones have agreed to meet the BT Surveyor as arranged by Clerk -

Proposals for Parish Matters Agenda - January 2016 Meeting.

There were no proposals made for the January Meeting -

66. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.
66.1 - DAPTC Annual Report - 2 copies - to Ian & Elizabeth -
66.2 - CPRE Journal - to Pennie -
66.3 - Open Spaces Journal - to Pennie -
66.4 - Savills, Vearse Farm Meeting invitation, Thursday 26 November - Clerk, Ian & Colin agreed to attend -
66.5 - Request for additional Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group member - Elizabeth agreed to consider by 17 November -

The next Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at BOTHENHAMPTON VILLAGE HALL, on MONDAY 11 January 2016, commencing at 7 pm.
NB - Ed Hanson gave Apologies for January & February Meetings -

Pennie Jones commented on the positive reports re the new equipment in the John Holt Play Area6 -

There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at p.m.


Monday 9 November 2015 -

Bob Dennis noted that 36 people attended the last Meeting, and 0 for November.

Pennie expressed concern about overhead brambles over the path in Bothenhampton Nature Reserve - Clerk to contact DCC Ranger -