Bothenhampton Village





MINUTES OF BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL BOTHENHAMPTON, ON MONDAY 14 May 2018.


Present: Bob Dennis(Chair), Colin Sparkes(Vice Chair), Ian Bark, & Geoff Matthews.
In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

1. DECLARATION OF INTEREST.

1.1 - To remind Parish Councillors that if a matter arises at a Meeting which relates to an interest in Appendix A of the Code of Conduct adopted by resolution of B&WPC on Monday 9th July 2012, then the member shall not participate in a discussion or vote on the matter. Where a matter arises at the meeting which relates to Appendix B of the Code of Conduct, then the member shall withdraw from the Meeting. Where a matter arises at a meeting which relates to a financial interest of friend, relative or close associate, the member concerned shall disclose the nature of the interest and withdraw from the meeting.

2. APOLOGIES.

2.1- There were apologies from - Ed Hanson, Frances McKensie, & Elizabeth Welch.

3. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meetings of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 9 April 2018, were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.

4. MATTERS ARISING.

4.1- May 2017 - 1 to 11, June - 12 to 22, July - 23 to 33, August - no Meeting, September - 34 to 44, October - 45 to 55, November - 56 to 66, December - no Meeting, January 2018 - 67 to 77, February 2018 -78 to 88, March 2018 - 89 to 99, & April 2018 - 100 to 110. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.

5.DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 6.45 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 6.58 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's Agenda, there being no further matters raised.

n.b. - There was one member of the public present at the Meeting.

6. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLORS FOR BRIDPORT SOUTH.

Dave Rickard -Absent from Meeting -

7. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR -

DCC Councillors - There were no County Councillors present -

8.* PLANNING AGENDA for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 14 May 2018.



a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC -

WD/D/18/000557 - Church Rise, Old Church Road - Erection of 4 no Dwellings - The Corporate View of the Parish Council is to recommend an Objection to Planning Consent for the following reason :-
Local properties adjacent to the Church Rise site have been subject to considerable flooding over many years, and the proximity of local streams in the low lying terrain may cause the flooding to become more extensive if further development takes place.

WD/D/18/000739 - Meadow View, Firch Lane, Walditch - Construct new vehicular access - The Corporate View of the Parish Council is to recommend
Approval of Planning Consent.

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

WD/D/17/002888 - Homestead Farm, Bothenhampton - Demolition of original farmhouse in Conservation Area. Erection of 1 no. new 4 bed low carbon house - Approval -

WD/D/18/000288 - Landfall, Old Church Road - Erection of two storey & single storey extensions & alterations - Approval -

9. FINANCE AGENDA - B&WPC MEETING - Monday 14 May 2018.

Receipts - Precept - 12499.50 - dated 19 April 2018 - Statement 293

i) Current Account as at 30 April 2018 -27248.49

ii) Accounts for Payment

Less outstanding cheques as listed :-

Cheques

1614 - Clerk's April 2018 Salary - 444.63

1615 - DAPTC - Course - 15.00

1616 - BTC - Neighbourhood Plan 500.00

1617 - Dorset Youth Association -Grant - 200.00

1618 - Holy Trinity Church - Grant - 100.00

1619 - Bothenhampton Village Hall - 42.00

1620 - David Landscapes Limited - 567.20

1621 - Darkin Miller Limited - Internal Audit - 219.66

1622 - BHIB Ltd - Insurance - 732.37

Total - 2820.86

Balance - 24427.63

Invoices Initialled,& Cheques as listed were proposed for payment by Ian Bark , seconded by Geoff Matthews, and carried by all Parish Councillors present.

10. * PARISH MATTERS - for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 14 May 2018.

- n.b. ll items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

10.1 - BLAP Parish Liaison -

Action at April 2018 Meeting - Colin has attended the meeting on 29th March -

Action at May Meeting - While attending meetings, Colin expressed concern that too many were taking place. Elections for new Unitary Authority are planned for May 2019.

10.2 - Lengthsman's duties, Guidelines for May 2018 - see Notes in Book -

Bothenhampton -

* Construct steps to provide easier access from Footpath 5/14 to Bowhayes -
Nb -contacted DCC, Bowhayes is private road - requested DCC does estimate of cost - nb - not received to date -

Monthly Inspection of John Holt Play Area -
- Including Picnic Tables, gate mechanism, & Safety Surfaces -
- Ivy cleared from wall - safety surface to be cleaned -

Hollow Way - Lower bank to be strimmed -
Tony's Track, leading into Westown to be strimmed -

Walditch - Spinners Lane - Chimney Report - WDDC Building Control to be contacted re site clearing - NB - possibly to be completed by Lengthsman -

Gully near Hyde Farmhouse to be cleared, + brambles around Salt Box -

Walditch Road drain needs clearing -

Village Green needs repairs -

Site inspection of John Gundry Play Area, & bin emptying if necessary -
Strimming of various sites as listed in Work Record.

10.3 - Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan -

Action at April 2028 Meeting - Ian distributed Bradpole's CIL Policy -

Action at May 2018 Meeting - Ian reported on good progress towards Final Report -

10.4 - Review of cover arrangements for Clerk -

Action at April 2018 Meeting - next meeting, Wednesday 9 May at 09.00 -

Action at May 2018 Meeting - arranged meeting for Wednesday Wednesday 6 June 2018 -

10.5 - Information Notices for Payphones in Bothenhampton & Walditch -

Action at March 2018 Meeting - Clerk suggested that one of the regular helpers be asked to produce an Information on Ownership notice for the Book Box.

Action at May 2018 Meeting - need for action -

10.6 - Play Areas Inspection Reports 2017 -

Action at April 2018 Meeting - Clerk commented that Inspections would be carried out in May 2018 -

10.7 - Cemetery Field Play Area, Walditch -

Action at March 2018 Meeting - After some discussion, the PC members were in favour of returning the Cemetery Play Area to BTC, on the understanding that the area would be turned into allotments. While agreeing in principle to the land being converted to allotments, the PC were of the view that part of the land be used for allocated parking as the entrance approach is in a built up restricted area.

Action at April Meeting - Letter has been sent to BTC - PC commented on Council Tax, old foundry debris, & water supply. Comments to be passed on to Daryl Chambers -

Action at May 2018 Meeting - Awaiting action from BTC -

10.8 - Dorset Youth Association - Letter by Dave Thompson, Director -

Action at March 2018 Meeting - After discussion, the PC members present agree to give a donation of 200 to Dorset Youth Association.

Action at April 2018 Meeting - Payment to be made at May Meeting -

10.9 - S106 Funding re Walditch Open Spaces -

Action at April 2018 Meeting - Noted that the Funding was for Walditch Open Spaces, & discussed the possibility of parking improvement scheme for Walditch Village Hall.

Action at May 2018 Meeting - Ongoing consultations in progress -

10.10 - Code of Conduct for Parish Councils -

Action at April 2018 Meeting - to consider Code of Conduct approval for B&WPC at May 2018 Meeting -

Action at May 2028 Meeting - model Code of Conduct Approved by PC -

10.11 - Round Bridport bus service -

Action at May 2018 Meeting -no further information received from BTC -

10.12 - Data Protection - Policy Update -

Action at May 2018 Meeting - All members present gave consent for B&WPC to hold personal data. Forms distributed for Action at June 2018 Meeting -

10.13 - Internal Audit/ Annual Return for 2017/2018 -

Action at May 2018 Meeting - Annual Governance Statement, & Accounting Statements signed by Chair.
B&WPC Internal Audit Report 2017/18 shared with PC members present. Clerk to ensure that recommendations are actioned.

10.14 - Annual Insurance Premium -

Action at May 2018 Meeting - Policy Premium of 732.32 paid - to commence from 1 June 2018 - Schedule to be stated at June Meeting -

Proposals for Parish Matters Agenda - June 2018 Meeting -

Review of Risk Assessment Policy -

11. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.
11.1 - Hedge in Lower Walditch Lane - The Clerk described that while the matter was being considered, the aspect of funding remained uncertain.
11.2 - Request for Grit Bin in Valley Road - Quote from Glasdon 179.61 -
Action at April 2018 Meeting - to be ordered during 2018/2019 -
11.3 - Community Defibrillator - Chair to investigate sites, Planning, & on costs, for Parish Matters at next Meeting - Both VH Committees have agreed siting -
11.4 - Walditch use of Village Green for Strawberry Fayre on Sunday 1 July 2018 - permission given, & David Landscapes informed for grass cutting -
11.5 - Holy Trinity Church, Bothenhampton sound system project - PC agree a Grant of 100 towards project - to be paid at May Meeting -
11.6 - Chairman's Centenary Fund - described to PC members present.
11.7 - Community Banker - for June Meeting -
11.8 - Loders Primary PTFA - for Parish Matters at June Meeting
11.9 - Letter re Crock Lane - Clerk to contact Highways -
11.10 - OpenSpaces donation request - to June Meeting -

The next Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at WALDITCH VILLAGE HALL, on MONDAY 11 June 2018, commencing at 7 pm.

There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 8.10 pm.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR

Monday 14 May 2018 - Alan Stenning raised the issue of positioning of a metal mirror adjacent to the narrow bend by The Hyde Care Home. He has agreed to pursue the enquiry of land ownership, and gaining permission to place a metal mirror on left hand side of bend.