Bothenhampton Village





MINUTES OF BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL BOTHENHAMPTON, ON MONDAY 9 May 2016.

Present: Bob Dennis(Chair), Alan Stenning(Vice Chair),Ian Bark, Geoff Matthews, Colin Sparkes, & Elizabeth Welch.
In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

1. DECLARATION OF INTEREST.

1.1 - To remind Parish Councillors that if a matter arises at a Meeting which relates to an interest in Appendix A of the Code of Conduct adopted by resolution of B&WPC on Monday 9th July 2012, then the member shall not participate in a discussion or vote on the matter. Where a matter arises at the meeting which relates to Appendix B of the Code of Conduct, then the member shall withdraw from the Meeting. Where a matter arises at a meeting which relates to a financial interest of friend, relative or close associate, the member concerned shall disclose the nature of the interest and withdraw from the meeting.

2. APOLOGIES.

2.1- There were apologies from - Ed Hanson, & Pennie Jones.

3. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meetings of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 11 April 2016, were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.

4. MATTERS ARISING.

4.1- May 2016 - 1 to 11, June - 12 to 22, July - 23 to 33, August - no Meeting, September - 34 to 44, October - 45 to 55, November - 56 to 66, December - no Meeting, January 2017 - 67 to 77, February 2017 -78 to 88, March 2017 - 89 to 99, & April 2017 - 100 to 110. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.

4.1 - Co-option of Andrew Taylor - Plans to attend the June Meeting at Walditch.

5.DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.20 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.40 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's Agenda, there being no further matters raised.

n.b. - There were 6 members of the public present at the Meeting.

6. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLORS FOR BRIDPORT SOUTH.

Dave Rickard - see APM minutes -

7. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH.

Ron suggested that a Public Meeting be set up to discuss the proposed Plan to provide Access for Emergency Vehicles in Main Street, with Tuesday 31 May being the suggested date.

8.* PLANNING AGENDA for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 9 May 2016.

a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC -

WD/D/16/000531 - 10 Maple Gardens - Single storey rear extension as listed - The Corporate View of the PC is to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.

WD/D/16/000678 - 6 Lake Lane - Erection of log cabin Summerhouse - The Corporate View of the PC is to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.

WD/D/16/000576 - 65A Gundry Road - Erection of new single storey dwelling - resubmission under WD/D/15/002179 - The Corporate View of the PC is to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.

WD/D/16/000544 - 112 Crock Lane - roof conversion as listed - The Corporate View of the PC is to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.

WD/D/16/000687 - Telecommunications Mast, Walditch - Replacement of the existing 17.5M high tower with a new 18M tower + equipment as listed - The Corporate View of the PC is to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

9. FINANCE AGENDA - B&WPC MEETING - Monday 9 May 2016.

Receipts - Nil - no Statement received -

i) Statement of Current Account as at 30 April 2016 - 25117.88
Nb - No Statement received to date, Balance acquired by telephone -

ii) Accounts for Payment

Less outstanding cheques as listed :-

Cheques

1482 - Clerk's April 2016 Salary - 404.33

1483 - David Landscapes - 567.20

1484 - Clerk's February/March/April/May Expenses as listed - 30.47

1485 - AON UK Limited - Annual Insurance Premium - 837.48



Total 1839.48

Balance 23278.40 Cheques as listed were proposed for payment by Geoff Matthews, seconded by Ian Bark,
and carried by all Parish Councillors present.

10. * PARISH MATTERS - for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 9 May 2016.

- n.b. All items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

10.1 - Consideration of Emergency Access at narrow part of Main Street -

Action at January Meeting - Clerk requested to e mail to DCC Blair Turner requesting that Signs, & a Parking Permit Zone are given further consideration re the narrow part of Main Street. Also to point out the use of Village Hall, and the possible forthcoming planning re Homestead Farm. Copies to be sent to County Councillor Ron Coatsworth, & local resident Debbie Knight.

Action at February Meeting - The Clerk was requested to send a further e mail to Blair Turner, confirming the PC view as sent in January, and noting 2 additional points re an appropriate warning sign, & the concern re the possibility of loosing 5 parking spaces if the proposed 'Outbuild ', has further consideration.

Action at March Meeting - No update, but see comments by County Councillor Ron Coatsworth & notes made in Democratic Half Hour.

Action at April Meeting - See comments in 106 - DCC Ron Coatsworth

Action at May Meeting - PC agreed to have the proposed DCC Plan & meeting notice distributed within the area of Main Street, Old Church Road, Quarry Lane, Churchayes, and Long Lane. David Capewell offered to help with distribution. The Meeting has been set for Tuesday 31 May at 7 pm in Bothenhampton Village Hall.

10.2 - Lengthsman's duties for May 2016 -

Bothenhampton -

* Construct steps to provide easier access from Footpath 5/14 to Bowhayes -
Nb -contacted DCC, Bowhayes is private road - requested DCC does estimate of cost - nb - not received to date -

Monthly Inspection of John Holt Play Area -to clear algae on Play Surface -
Picnic Tables/gate mechanism need repairs - to Pennie Jones - see 98.6 -

Remaining Bench to be considered for suitable site by PC - to agree location at March Meeting -
Crock to be cleared of vegetation in Crock Lane -

Walditch - Spinners Lane - Chimney Report - WDDC Building Control -

*Site inspection of Spinners Lane - drain outlet to be cleared -

Site inspection of John Gundry Play Area, & bin emptying if necessary -

Damage to edge of Village Green - to be inspected -

Access track needs attention - to Colin Sparkes - see copy of letter to John Gundry -

10.3 - Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan -

Action at April Meeting - Ian reported that Bradpole had agreed to stay as a member of Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan -

Action at May Meeting - Input from Richard Nicholls noted - see Democratic Half Hour notes -

10.4 - Review of cover arrangements for Clerk -

Action at April Meeting - Clerk to meet with Ian on Tuesday 3 May at 09.00 -

Action at May Meeting - Meeting proposed for Tuesday 7 June at 09.00

10.5 - Play Areas Inspection Reports -

Action at March Meeting - Pennie to produce 'red' list asap - Colin to pursue repair of access path to Play Area -

Action at April Meeting - Pennie gave progress report on red list -

Action at May Meeting - Reported broken swing to PC. Swing advised to be dismantled, and have arranged for Customer Services Agent from Sovereign to visit site as the new equipment is still under warranty.

10.6 - DCC Grant - progress of proposals -

Action at March Meeting - deferred to April Meeting -

Action at April Meeting - Clerk had not received any reports of progress made -

Action at May Meeting - Notices in progress - Need to request a volunteer for LNR Management Committee - see e mail request - Ian Bark agreed to serve on the Management Group for Bothenhampton LNR.

10.7 - Provision of dog waste bins in Parish -

Action at April Meeting -Parish Councillors agreed to make further investigations regarding bin location & collection arrangements -

Action at May Meeting - PC suggested that WDDC Waste Bins were requested to be positioned in Blood Lane(off Crock Lane), and at the entrance to Jellyfields LNR.

10.8 - *Grants as follows to be considered :-

*109.9-Bothenhampton Village Hall - Grant request -

*109.10 - Proposed Servery at Holy Trinity, Bothenhampton -

*109.11 - Bradpole Pre School -Donation request -

*Nb - 109.9, 109.10, & 109.11, to be discussed at May Meeting -

Action at May Meeting - Grants to be considered again at June Meeting.

10.9 - Internal Audit/Annual Return for 2015/2016 - Action of April Meeting -

Action at April Meeting - Annual Governance Statement 2015/16, Approved by B&WPC -

Action at May Meeting - Annual Return 2016, Accounting Statements signed by Chair -

10.10 - Request from Walditch Village Hall Committee to provide funding for the Walditch Green HM Queen's celebrations. - 100 was approved by the Parish Councillors present.

Proposals for Parish Matters Agenda - for June 2016 Meeting

11. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.
11.1 - Open Spaces Journals - to Pennie at next Meeting -
11.2 - The Pension Regulator - to Elizabeth for review - Elizabeth agreed to attend to registration details -

The next Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at WALDITCH VILLAGE HALL, on MONDAY 13 June 2016, commencing at 7 pm.
Elizabeth Welch gave Apologies for the June Meeting -

There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 8.25 p.m.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR

Monday 9 May 2016 -

Richard Nicholls, who is a member of the Neighbourhood Plan, Environment & Heritage Working Group, spoke to the PC regarding assessing areas for a Local Green Space policy. He indicated that some assessment had been carried out, and these documents will be sent to the Clerk for distribution at the next Meeting in June. Members were encouraged to indentify Open Spaces in both Bothenhampton & Walditch.

Tim asked if parking spaces could be a consideration when assessing the potential development of Home Farm in Main Street.