Bothenhampton Village





MINUTES OF BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL BOTHENHAMPTON, ON MONDAY 13 March 2017.

Present: Alan Stenning(Chair), Ian Bark, Geoff Matthews, Colin Sparkes, & Elizabeth Welch.
In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

89. DECLARATION OF INTEREST.

89.1 - To remind Parish Councillors that if a matter arises at a Meeting which relates to an interest in Appendix A of the Code of Conduct adopted by resolution of B&WPC on Monday 9th July 2012, then the member shall not participate in a discussion or vote on the matter. Where a matter arises at the meeting which relates to Appendix B of the Code of Conduct, then the member shall withdraw from the Meeting. Where a matter arises at a meeting which relates to a financial interest of friend, relative or close associate, the member concerned shall disclose the nature of the interest and withdraw from the meeting.

90. APOLOGIES.

90.1- There were apologies from - Ed Hanson, Bob Dennis, & Dave Rickard.

91. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meetings of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 13 February 2017, were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.

92. MATTERS ARISING.

92.1- May 2016 - 1 to 11, June - 12 to 22, July - 23 to 33, August - no Meeting, September - 34 to 44, October - 45 to 55, November - 56 to 66, December - no Meeting, January 2017 - 67 to 77, February 2017 -78 to 88, March 2017 - 89 to 99, & April 2017 - 100 to 110. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year. 92.2 - from Daryl Chambers BTC - BTC putting gate in Cemetery Play Area hedge - reseeding bar areas, & generally renovating present worn parts of field -
92.3 - from Western Power Planner, Scott Walker - in early stages of planning installation of further underground cabling to existing in John Gundry Play Area, Walditch -

93.DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.10 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.15 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's Agenda, there being no further matters raised.

n.b. - There was one member of the public present at the Meeting.

94. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLORS FOR BRIDPORT SOUTH.

Dave Rickard - Apologies received +notes to be read to Meeting -

Offered support in e mail message to PC -

95. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH.

Ron Coatsworth - Absent from Meeting -

96.* PLANNING AGENDA for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 13 March 2017.

a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC -

WD/D/17/000216 - Melrose, Walditch - Erect extension - recommended by PC for Approval of Planning Consent -

WD/D/17/000353 - 6 Chestnut Road - erect single storey extension, enlarge garage & make alterations - recommended by PC for Approval of Planning Consent -

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

WD/D/16/002776 - 13 Elwell, Bridport - Approval of two storey extension -

WD/D/16/002712 - 48 Crock Lane - Approval of side & rear extension -

97. FINANCE AGENDA - B&WPC MEETING - Monday 13 March 2017.

Receipts -

i) Current Account as at 28 February 2017 - 17260.20

ii) Accounts for Payment

Less outstanding cheques as listed :-

Cheques

1540 - HMRC - Oct. 2016 to March 2017 - Post Office Ltd - 666.96

1541 - Glasdon UK Limited - Dog Waste Bin - 105.02

1542 - Clerk's February Salary - 444.63



Total - 1263.61

Balance - 15996.59

Invoices Initialled,& Cheques as listed were proposed for payment by Ian Bark, seconded by Elizabeth Welch, and carried by all Parish Councillors present.

98. * PARISH MATTERS - for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 13 March 2017.

- n.b. All items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

98.1 - Letter from Mr Jones re Walditch Road -

Action at January Meeting - The Clerk read the letter to PC members present, who were of accord regarding the described hazards at the bend in the Walditch Road adjacent to The Hyde Nursing Home. The view was that DCC Highways should be consulted, and for a site meeting to be arranged to discuss possible solutions.

Action at February Meeting - PC noted Blair Turner's detailed e mail on warning signage, and asked the Clerk to request SLOW markings on both sides of the bend.

Action at March Meeting - Clerk has requested that SLOW markings are painted on both sides of the bend near The Hive Care Home as suggested.

98.2 - Lengthsman's duties, Guidelines for March 2017 -

Bothenhampton -

* Construct steps to provide easier access from Footpath 5/14 to Bowhayes -
Nb -contacted DCC, Bowhayes is private road - requested DCC does estimate of cost - nb - not received to date -

Monthly Inspection of John Holt Play Area -
- Including Picnic Tables, gate mechanism, & Safety Surfaces -
- Ivy cleared from wall -

Remaining Bench to be considered for suitable site by PC - to agree location in Slades Green -
Ancient Footpath in Hollow Way to be cutback and generally maintained over the winter months - NB - this work has recently been completed by DCC Highways, as a considered Safety issue.

Walditch - Spinners Lane - Chimney Report - WDDC Building Control to be contacted re site clearing - NB - possibly to be completed by Lengthsman -

*Site inspection of Spinners Lane - drain outlet to be cleared - site for Dog Waste Bin
Site inspection of John Gundry Play Area, & bin emptying if necessary -
- To re-instate drain gully adjacent to Hyde Farmhouse, Walditch -
- Observation of Spring in Lower Walditch Lane - sand bag barrier installed

98.3 - Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan -

Action at February Meeting - Ian distributed a detailed plan of potential Development Options in Bothenhampton & Walditch, which had been copied from West Dorset, Weymouth & Portland local Plan Review. A copy of this Review has been e mailed to all PC members.

Action at March Meeting - Ian commented that the Consultation Process should be complete by April, for discussion in May with Parish Councils.

98.4 - Review of cover arrangements for Clerk -

Action at February Meeting - Next Review Meeting arranged for Tuesday 7 March 2017 at 09.00 -

Action at March Meeting - Next Review Meeting arranged for Tuesday 4 April at 09.00 -

98.5 - Play Areas Inspection Reports -

Action at February Meeting - Inspection Reports to be filed with Insurance details. Clerk reported that both sites are inspected monthly, and the next Annual Inspection should take place in May 2017. Pennie Jones to be asked if she will monitor the condition of Play Areas in the Parish.

Action at March Meeting - Pennie Jones has agreed to monitor John Holt Play Area. Need to find a Walditch resident to monitor John Gundry Play Area.

98.6 - DCC Grant - progress of proposals -

Action at February Meeting - Clerk has arranged for DCC Ranger Adam Butcher to contact when Boards have been fitted -

Action at March Meeting - Photo Call has been arranged for Friday 24 March at 10.00. Geoff & Colin have agreed to attend.

98.7 - Request for Dog Waste Bin at top of footpath path leading from Walditch Road to the corner of Crock Lane -

Action at February Meeting - PC have agreed to fund a Dog Waste Bin, subject to assurance from Lengthsman that regular emptying can take place -

Action at March Meeting - Dog Waste Bin is ready to be fitted
98.8 - Overhanging trees in Hollow Way -

Action at February Meeting - Clerk has reported concern to Community Highways Officer -

Action at March Meeting - Hollow Way has been inspected by DCC Staff, & considered to be in acceptable condition. The path in Hollow Way has been cut back by DCC personnel throughout its length.

98.9 - Condition of Walditch Notice Board -

Action at February Meeting - Clerk has left message with Dave Dear on 07971408943 -

Action at March Meeting -estimates for repair to be presented to the next Meeting -

98.10 - Request to purchase Payphone in Bothenhampton -

Action at February Meeting - Agreement contract + 1 payment Approved by PC -

Action at March Meeting - Clerk reported that purchase contract is now completed. There is a need to design a notice to be placed in the payphone to describe B&WPC ownership.

98.11 - CAB letter - read to PC - Ian proposed 1000 Grant to CAB Bridport District, which was the amount given in 2015/16. Seconded by Colin, & carried by PC members present.

Action at February Meeting - payment of 1000 Grant Approved by PC -

Action at March Meeting - Acknowledgement & thank you letter from CAB read to PC members present.

98.12 - Cashbook 1617 v 1 B&WPC dated Tuesday 7 March 2017 -

Action at March Meeting - Copies of Cashbook 1617 v1 B&WPC, distributed to Parish Councillors present -

Proposals for Parish Matters Agenda - April 2017 Meeting

Ed Hanson has given Apologies for the Meetings in January/ February/ & March 2017 -
Dorset Explorer website recommended by Ian as being very informative.
Colin gave advance Apologies for April Meeting

99. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.
99.1 - WDDC Formal Proposals - to Elizabeth -
99.2 - Open Spaces Journal - to Ian -
99.3 - CPRE membership - to Geoff - PC agreed to continue Annual subscription -
99.4 - Donation request form Loders School - PC agreed 150 -

The next Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at BOTHENHAMPTON VILLAGE HALL, on MONDAY 10 April 2017, commencing at 7 pm. There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 8.25 p.m.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR

Monday 13 March 2017 :-

Robin Stapleton expressed concern about the DCC proposed cutting of local Bus Services, particularly the 210 which picks up in Walditch and is a very popular service. Parish Councillors present shared the concerns, and pointed out that the 44 Service through Bothenhampton was also having its subsidy cut.

The Clerk agreed to contact BTC & Dave Rickard of WDDC, to see if there are any ways that the Bus Services could continue with some alternative funding..