Bothenhampton Village





MINUTES OF BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCI.MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL WALDITCH, ON MONDAY 9 March 2015.

Present: Bob Dennis(Chair), Alan Stenning(Vice Chair), Ian Bark, Ed Hanson, Geoff Matthews, & Colin Sparkes.
In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

97. DECLARATION OF INTEREST.

97.1 - To remind Parish Councillors that if a matter arises at a Meeting which relates to an interest in Appendix A of the Code of Conduct adopted by resolution of B&WPC on Monday 9th July 2012, then the member shall not participate in a discussion or vote on the matter. Where a matter arises at the meeting which relates to Appendix B of the Code of Conduct, then the member shall withdraw from the Meeting. Where a matter arises at a meeting which relates to a financial interest of friend, relative or close associate, the member concerned shall disclose the nature of the interest and withdraw from the meeting.

98. APOLOGIES.

98.1- There were apologies from - David Stubbs (long term Apologies), David Tett,

99. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meeting of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 9 February 2015, were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.

100. MATTERS ARISING.

100.1- May 2014 - 1 to 12, June - 13 to 24, July - 25 to 36, August - no Meeting, September - 37 to 48, October - 49 to 60, November - 61 to 72, December - no Meeting, January 2015 - 73 to 84, February 2015 -85 to 96, March 2015 - 97 to 108, & April 2015 - 109 to 120. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.

101.DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.02 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.07 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's Agenda, there being no further matters raised.

n.b. - There were 2 members of the public present at the Meeting.

102. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR BOTHENHAMPTON.

David Tett - Apologies - I have attended the last of the Meetings in this current term of four years and, therefore, have nothing to report from South Walks House.

I am, however, intending to throw my hat in the ring for one more time !

Incidently, the Bridport South and Bothenhampton Ward now includes Walditch and part of Symondsbury, so there is much to be done between now and Polling Day on the 7th May !

With best wishes to you and your Members

David

103. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR WALDITCH

Mark Roberts - Three Councils to go ahead with shared Chief Executive, but each Council will set its own Council Tax. The Councils are - West Dorset DC, Weymouth & Portland BC, and North Dorset DC.

Commented on Symondsbury Boundary changes, & petition seeking change to Cabinet System in WDDC. Poposed referendum with 4,000 signatures would cost the tax payer 140,000

104. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH.

Had nothing more to add regarding Cabinet System, but commented on Uploders not being able to get Superfast Broadband. Suggested that Bothenhampton & Walditch PC write to Chief Executive of DCC expressing concern.

105.* PLANNING AGENDA for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 9 March 2015.

a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC -

WD/TP/15/00054 - Brunel House, Wych Hill - Ash - 30% Crown reduction - to Meeting 9/3/15 - noted without any comments by PC -

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

WD/D/14/003160 - Quarry Cottage - Approval -

WD/D/14/002520 - 43 Main Street, Bothenhampton - Refused -

WD/D/14/003011 - 32 Crock Lane - Approval -

WD/TP/15/00029 - 4 West Gables - consent is granted -

106. FINANCE AGENDA - B&WPC MEETING - Monday 9 March 2015.

Receipts -

i) Statement of Current Account as at 28 February 2015 - 15448.83

ii) Accounts for Payment

Less outstanding cheques as listed :-

Cheques

1401 - C T Dobbs - Clerk's February Salary - 404.33

1402 - C T Dobbs - Office Expenses - 65.47

1403 - CAB Grant(Minute 96.1) - 1000.00

1404 - Bothenhampton Village Hall - 12.00

1405 - Adoption of BT Payphone, Walditch - 1.00

1406 - David Landscapaes - Hedging, Cemetery Field Play Area - 1345.68

Total 2828.48

Balance 12620.35

Cheques as listed proposed for payment by Geoff Matthews, seconded by Ed Hanson, and carried by all Parish Councillors present.

107. * PARISH MATTERS - for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 9 March 2015.

- n.b. All items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

107.1 - NO PARKING sign at entrance to John Holt Play Area - Pennie Jones -

Action at February Meeting - suggested that signs are needed - eg -PARKING FOR PLAY AREA USERS ONLY - bright yellow background & official looking as possible -

Action at March Meeting - Clerk requested to contact DCC Sign Shop -

107.1a - DCC Highways have not yet cleared outlet to Wanderwell Stream - Colin Sparkes -

Action at March Meeting - Clerk to contact Connect on 01404 823381 -

107.1b - re DCC Grant of 1360, authorized by County Councillor Ron Coatsworth - to be spent on something additional for the Parish. Authority given by PC for Chair & Clerk to action the Grant by February 2015.

Action at February Meeting - County Councillor Ron Coatsworth confirmed that a request for 4 benches had been forwarded to DCC -

Action at March Meeting - awaiting delivery to BTC Mountfield -

107.2 - Proposed WW1 & WW2 Memorial, Walditch -

Action at March Meeting - PC approved to pay a Grant of 600 for the Memorial construction and installation - to be paid within Section 137 of the Local Government Act to St Mary's Walditch(for administration of the Grant).

107.3 - Estimates for Cedar Tree at Valley View Amenity site Safety Report -

Action at March Meeting - PC agreed for Safety Report to be carried out by DCC at estimated cost of 150 - Clerk to contact DCC with request -

107.4 - Lengthsman's duties for March 2015 -

Bothenhampton - Attention to signs in Main Street -

Walditch -

Clear around BT Phone Box in centre of the Village -

107.5 - Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan - Update to Meeting - Ian Bark -

107.6 - Review of cover arrangements for Clerk -

Action at March Meeting - nb - next meeting arranged for Tuesday 24 March at 10.00 -

107.7 - Off centre Mini Roundabout in Walditch Road - Site Meeting recommended -

Action at February Meeting - Clerk requested to contact DCC re liability issues -

Action at March Meeting - DCC have agreed that removal of the mini roundabout & to reinstate a T junction would be the best solution, but no budget to support such action.

107.8 - Election planning - Thursday 7 May 2015 -

Action at March Meeting -Members informed of need to be Nominated by 9th April - Clerk to send out Forms and guidelines following this Meeting -

107.9 - Play Area Inspection Reports -

Action at January 2015 Meeting - Clerk informed Meeting that a survey of the John Holt Play Area had been offered by 'Sovereign', for Thursday 15 January 2015 at 9.30 am. Pennie has work commitments, so unlikely to be able to attend.

Action at February Meeting - Clerk to forward copies of Sovereign estimates to Geoff & Pennie, with a view that a decision will be made at the March Meeting .

Action at March Meeting - While the PC agreed in principle to pursue the Project, there were some queries regarding timing and site management details. Clerk to consult with Sovereign before the April Meeting -

107.10 - Jurassic Coast Champion - Ian commented that he had volunteered -

107 .11 - DCC Footpath Maintenance -

Action at March Meeting - Clerk agreed to contact DCC -

107.12 - Parking in Crock Lane -

Action at March Meeting - Clerk has arranged for Site Meeting at junction of Crock Lane with Bowhayes - Wednesday 11 March at 0945 - Ian has agreed to attend.

107.13 - Review of Election recharges to Towns & Parishes -

Action at March Meeting - Pennie Jones had given Apologies - to April Meeting -

107.14 - Law changes re - Agendas,Minutes, and Websites -

Action at March Meeting - Clerk described need for all Agendas & Minutes to be placed on a website - procedures are already in place as PC uses Bothenhampton.org.uk -u

107.15 - Annual Review of Standing Orders, Financial Regulations, & Risk Assessment Policy - to appoint lead Parish Councillors for Reviews to take place by March 2015 Meeting

Action at February Meeting - request for David Stubbs to Review Standing Orders & Financial Regulations, & Pennie Jones & Geoff Matthews to Review Risk Assessment Policy -

Action at March Meeting - Standing Orders, & Financial Regulations fully Approved by Parish Councillors present.

Risk Assessment Policy outlined by Geoff Matthews, and recommended for Approval to members present. Risk Assessment Policy fully Approved by Parish Councillors present.

Proposals for Parish Matters Agenda -April 2015 Meeting.

108. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.
108.1 - Asker Mead road closure - to Meeting -
108.2 - Election leaflets - not required -
108.3 - Letter form Mrs G Butler re Play Areas - to Geoff. Matthews -
108.5 - Bothenhampton Village Hall Committee request for Grant - to April Meeting -

The next Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at BOTHENHAMPTON VILLAGE HALL, on MONDAY 13 April 2015, commencing at 7 pm.

There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at p.m.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR

Monday 9 March 2015 -

A Walditch resident commented that while the drain in Lower Walditch Road had been cleared, the was a need to transfer the spoil to a more remote site - Lengthsman to be notified.

There were requests for the Parish Council to request that hedgerows in the area around Jellyfields were cut back, and that resurfacing of the road through the Village was long overdue.