Bothenhampton Village





MINUTES OF BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL BOTHENHAMPTON, ON MONDAY 12 June 2017.

Present: Bob Dennis(Chair), Ed Hanson, Geoff Matthews, Colin Sparkes, & Elizabeth Welch.
In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

12. DECLARATION OF INTEREST.

12.1 - To remind Parish Councillors that if a matter arises at a Meeting which relates to an interest in Appendix A of the Code of Conduct adopted by resolution of B&WPC on Monday 9th July 2012, then the member shall not participate in a discussion or vote on the matter. Where a matter arises at the meeting which relates to Appendix B of the Code of Conduct, then the member shall withdraw from the Meeting. Where a matter arises at a meeting which relates to a financial interest of friend, relative or close associate, the member concerned shall disclose the nature of the interest and withdraw from the meeting.

13. APOLOGIES.

13.1- There were apologies from - Alan Stenning, & Ian Bark.

It was noted that Andy Taylor has been absent & not given apologies for at least 5 Meetings -

14. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meetings of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 8 May 2017, were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.

15. MATTERS ARISING.

15.1- May 2017 - 1 to 11, June - 12 to 22, July - 23 to 33, August - no Meeting, September - 34 to 44, October - 45 to 55, November - 56 to 66, December - no Meeting, January 2018 - 67 to 77, February 2018 -78 to 88, March 2018 - 89 to 99, & April 2018 - 100 to 110. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.

16.DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.05 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.35 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's Agenda, there being no further matters raised.

n.b. - There were 2 members of the public present at the Meeting.

17. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLORS FOR BRIDPORT SOUTH.

Dave Rickard - did not attend the Meeting -

18. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR -

Ros Kayes - informed Clerk of e mail re Bothenhampton & Walditch LNR's being proposed as Local Green Spaces -

Clerk mentioned PC concerns about impending bus cuts -

19.* PLANNING AGENDA for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 12 June 2017.



a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC -

WD/D/17/000706 - Windyridge, 22 Uplands, Walditch - The Corporate View of the Parish Council is to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

WD/D/17/000775 - 88 Crock Lane - Approval -

WD/D/17/000702 - 65A Gundry Road - Request for Compliance with condition 3 of planning approval WD/D/16/000576 as listed -

WD/D/17/001153 - Cherrywood Farm, Walditch - New Agriculture Barn - prior Approval is required -

20. FINANCE AGENDA - B&WPC MEETING - Monday 12 June 2017.



Receipts - VAT refund - 881.29

i) Current Account as at 31 May 2017 - 24,436.56

ii) Accounts for Payment

Less outstanding cheques as listed :-

Cheques

1557 - Clerk's May 2017 Salary - 444.63

1558 - Playsafety Limited - Play Areas Inspections - 170 31

1559 - Darkin Miller Limited - Internal Audit 2017 - 187.68

1560 - A Preston - repair of Walditch Notice Board - 150.00

1561 - David Landscapes - Grass Cutting - 567.20



Total - 1519.82

Balance - 22916.74



Invoices Initialled,& Cheques as listed were proposed for payment by Colin Sparkes, seconded by Elizabeth Welch, and carried by all Parish Councillors present.

21. * PARISH MATTERS - for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 12 June 2017.

- n.b. ll items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

21.1 - Internal Audit/Annual Return for 2016/2017 -

Action at April 2017 Meeting - Annual Governance Statement 2016/2017 - Approved by B&WPC members present & document signed by Chair -

Action at May Meeting - Accounting Statements signed & Approved by PC -

Action at June Meeting - Completed Annual Return & Internal Auditors Report recommendations reported to PC. Documents to be sent by registered post to the External Auditor on Tuesday 13 June. Clerk to recommend inclusion of reviewed Standing Orders & Financial Regulations to PC at July Meeting -

21.2 - Lengthsman's duties, Guidelines for June 2017 -

Bothenhampton -

* Construct steps to provide easier access from Footpath 5/14 to Bowhayes -

Nb -contacted DCC, Bowhayes is private road - requested DCC does estimate of cost - nb - not received to date -

Monthly Inspection of John Holt Play Area -
- Including Picnic Tables, gate mechanism, & Safety Surfaces -
- Ivy cleared from wall - safety surface to be cleaned -


Hollow Way - Lower bank to be strimmed -

Tony's Track, adjacent to Westown, to be cut back -

Walditch - Spinners Lane - Chimney Report - WDDC Building Control to be contacted re site clearing - NB - possibly to be completed by Lengthsman -

*Site inspection of Spinners Lane - drain outlet to be cleared -

Site inspection of John Gundry Play Area, & bin emptying if necessary -
Strimming of various sites as listed in Work Record -

21.3 - Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan -

Action at May Meeting - Extraordinary Meeting set for Monday 15 May at Bothenhampton Village Hall, starting at 7.00 pm.

Action at June Meeting - No Action - review at July Meeting -

21.4 - Review of cover arrangements for Clerk -

Action at May Meeting - Next Review meeting with Clerk & Councillor Ian Bark, arranged for Wednesday 7 June at 09.00 -

Action at June Meeting - Review arranged for Wednesday 5 July at 09.00 -

21. 5 - Condition of Walditch Notice Board -

Action at May Meeting - Contractor to be informed of quote acceptance - 150 -

Action at June Meeting - Repair completed & A/c paid - 150 - Colin to review condition of other Notice Boards in the Parish -

21.6 - Request to purchase Payhone in Bothenhampton -

Action at April Meeting - Clerk commented that notices have not yet been designed -

Action at May Meeting - No Action reported -

Action at June Meeting - Plans in progress -

21.7 - Play Areas Inspection Reports 2017 -

Action at June Meeting -Clerk to review Reports for July Meeting -

21.8 - Cashbook 1718 V1 B&WPC - Printed 12 June 2017 -

Action at June Meeting - Copies distributed to PC members present, & a copy to be filed with the June Minutes -

Proposals for Parish Matters Agenda - July 2017 Meetin

Colin to reort on recently attended Flood Alleviation Seminar -

22. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.
22.1 - Bench in Walditch - PC agreed to Grant of 100 -
22.2 - DAPTC AGM _ Saturday 4 November 2017 - for July Meeting -
22.3 - Walditch Village Hall thank you letter - read to PC -
22.4 -Jellyfields Amenity Area - residents concern re poisonous plants has been referred to DCC by Clerk -

The next Parish Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at BOTHENHAMPTON VILLAGE HALL, on MONDAY 10 July 2017, commencing at 7.00 pm.
Nb - Bob Dennis Apologies for July Meeting -

There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 8.15 p.m.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR

Monday 12 June 2017 - The owner of Homestead Farm - Debra Hughes, & Architect Terry Pinto, outlined their plans to renovate & develop the buildings and grounds. Planning Applications are intended to be made at a later date.

Ed Hanson raised concerns about debris around the Vodafone Mast in Walditch. Clerk to make enquiries with Company.