Bothenhampton Village





MINUTES OF BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL WALDITCH, ON MONDAY 13 June 2016.

Present: Bob Dennis(Chair), Alan Stenning(Vice Chair),Ian Bark, Ed Hanson, Geoff Matthews, & Colin Sparkes.
In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

12. DECLARATION OF INTEREST.

12.1 - To remind Parish Councillors that if a matter arises at a Meeting which relates to an interest in Appendix A of the Code of Conduct adopted by resolution of B&WPC on Monday 9th July 2012, then the member shall not participate in a discussion or vote on the matter. Where a matter arises at the meeting which relates to Appendix B of the Code of Conduct, then the member shall withdraw from the Meeting. Where a matter arises at a meeting which relates to a financial interest of friend, relative or close associate, the member concerned shall disclose the nature of the interest and withdraw from the meeting.

13. APOLOGIES.

13.1- There were apologies from - Elizabeth Welch(given at May Meeting), Dave Rickard, & Pennie Jones.

14. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meetings of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 9 May 2016, were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.

15. MATTERS ARISING.

15.1- May 2016 - 1 to 11, June - 12 to 22, July - 23 to 33, August - no Meeting, September - 34 to 44, October - 45 to 55, November - 56 to 66, December - no Meeting, January 2017 - 67 to 77, February 2017 -78 to 88, March 2017 - 89 to 99, & April 2017 - 100 to 110. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.

15.2 - Co-option of Andrew Taylor - Plans to attend the June Meeting at Walditch.
Nb - Did not attend -

15.3 - Member to identify Open Spaces re Neighbourhood Plan - Richard Nicholls -

16.DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.04 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.08 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's Agenda, there being no further matters raised.

n.b. - There were 2 members of the public present at the Meeting.

17. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLORS FOR BRIDPORT SOUTH.

Dave Rickard - Apologies sent -

Had agreed at May Meeting to report on Sycamore Avenue in Walditch -

18. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH.

Blood Lane, off Crock Lane -

Ron mentioned that he had received a further revised plan & description of modifications from DCC of the Main Street Safety Scheme. Clerk mentioned that no direct communication had been received by B&WPC. David Capewell requested a copy of the revised plans, and Ron Coatsworth agreed to forward them together with a copy to B&WPC.

Also indicated that 'DCC in the future', developments were in the process of being published for broader consultation.

19.* PLANNING AGENDA for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 13 June 2016.

a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC -

No Applications at 10/6/16 -

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

WD/D/16/000455 - 2 Elwell - erect dwelling & single garage - Withdrawn.

WD/D/16/000453 - 2 Elwell - construct double garage with new vehicular access - Withdrawn.

Note - WD/D/14/000453 - Outline Planning Approved -

20. FINANCE AGENDA - B&WPC MEETING - Monday 13 June 2016.

Receipts - 18/4/16 - 310 - BT Pole Fee
22/4/16 12925.50 - Precept
3/5/16 - 1892.37 - VAT Refund

i) Statement of Current Account as at 31 May 2016 - 23248.40

ii) Accounts for Payment

Less outstanding cheques as listed :-

Cheques

1486 - David Landscapes(paid 1/6/16) - 336.40

1487 - Clerk's May 2016 Salary - 404.33

1488 - Walditch Village Hall - 100.00

1489 - Bothenhampton Village Hall - 28.00

1490 - John Bright, Fencing - 441.00

1491 - Darkin Miller Limited(Audit) - 277.20

1492 - Clerk's May/June expenses - 81.98

1493 - DAPTC Annual Subscription - 721.26

1494 - David Landscapes - 850.80

Total 3240.97

Balance 20007.43 Invoices Initialled,& Cheques as listed were proposed for payment by Geoff Matthews, seconded by Ed Hanson, and carried by all Parish Councillors present.

21. * PARISH MATTERS - for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 13 June 2016.



- n.b. All items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

21.1 - Consideration of Emergency Access at narrow part of Main Street -

Action at April Meeting - See comments in 106 - DCC Ron Coatsworth

Action at May Meeting - PC agreed to have the proposed DCC Plan & meeting notice distributed within the area of Main Street, Old Church Road, Quarry Lane, Churchayes, and Long Lane. David Capewell offered to help with distribution. The Meeting has been set for Tuesday 31 May at 7 pm in Bothenhampton Village Hall.

Action at June Meeting - The following Report re the Meeting on 31/5/16 had been submitted by Pennie Jones, & read to members present :-

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting dated 31/5/16 -
40 residents were present The Chairman opened the meeting at 7.05 pm and welcomed the 40 residents present.
Ron Coatsworth explained the reasons for the meeting and that there were representatives from Dorset and Wiltshire fire Authority Jason Rogers and Nick Sumbers, and Jonathan May and Richard Colby from Dorset County County.
The revised plan was discussed at length, many residents put forward alternative ideas and it was left that a plan would be drawn up to accommodate the minimum requirement needed.
48 Residents also put forward a petition, from those living beyond the pinch point outside the Village Hall, agreeing to a plan safeguarding a clear road for Emergency vehicles to get through.
The meeting was closed by the Chairman at 9.10 pm.

Pennie Jones - Parish Councillor & Clerk for the Meeting.

21.2 - Lengthsman's duties for June 2016 -

Bothenhampton -

* Construct steps to provide easier access from Footpath 5/14 to Bowhayes -
Nb -contacted DCC, Bowhayes is private road - requested DCC does estimate of cost - nb - not received to date -

Monthly Inspection of John Holt Play Area -
- Including Picnic Tables, gate mechanism, & Safety Surfaces -

Remaining Bench to be considered for suitable site by PC - agreed location -
Crock to be cleared of vegetation in Crock Lane -
Overgrown area in Valley View Amenity Area, Quarry Lane, & Hollow Way -

Walditch - Spinners Lane - Chimney Report - WDDC Building Control -

*Site inspection of Spinners Lane - drain outlet to be cleared -

Site inspection of John Gundry Play Area, & bin emptying if necessary -

Bark refurbishment of Safety Area -

21.3 - Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan -

Action at April Meeting - Ian reported that Bradpole had agreed to stay as a member of Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan -

Action at May Meeting - Input from Richard Nicholls noted - see Democratic Half Hour notes -

Action at June Meeting - Open Spaces notes from Richard Nicholls to Ian for consideration -

21.4 - Review of cover arrangements for Clerk -

Action at May Meeting - Meeting proposed for Tuesday 7 June at 09.00

Action at June Meeting - Meeting arranged for Tuesday 5 July 2016 at 09.00 -

21.5 - Play Areas Inspection Reports -

Action at May Meeting - Reported broken swing to PC. Swing advised to be dismantled, and have arranged for Customer Services Agent from Sovereign to visit site as the new equipment is still under warranty.

Action at June Meeting - Pennie had given Apologies - request Report for July Meeting -

21.6 - DCC Grant - progress of proposals -

Action at May Meeting - Notices in progress - Need to request a volunteer for LNR Management Committee - see e mail request - Ian Bark agreed to serve on the Management Group for Bothenhampton LNR.

Action at June Meeting - Clerk to check on progress for July Meeting -

21.7 - Provision of dog waste bins in Parish -

Action at May Meeting - PC suggested that WDDC Waste Bins were requested to be positioned in Blood Lane(off Crock Lane), and at the entrance to Jellyfields LNR.

Action at June Meeting - Clerk requested to pursue additional waste bins, to be sited as agreed by PC -

21.8 - *Grants as follows to be considered :-

*109.9-Bothenhampton Village Hall - Grant request -

*109.10 - Proposed Servery at Holy Trinity, Bothenhampton -

*109.11 - Bradpole Pre School -Donation request -

*Nb - 109.9, 109.10, & 109.11, to be discussed at May Meeting -

Action at May Meeting - Grants to be considered again at June Meeting.

Action at June Meeting - Bothenhampton Village Hall - request by PC to have estimate of overall improvement costs -
Proposed Servery at Holy Trinity, Bothenhampton - Approved Grant of 200 -
Bradpole Pre School - Approved a Grant of 50 -

21.9 - Internal Audit/Annual Return for 2015/2016 - Action of April Meeting -

Action at May Meeting - Annual Return 2016, Accounting Statements signed by Chair -

Action at June Meeting - Clerk reported Auditors Report recommendations to PC members present - Clerk to recommend detailed inclusions of Standing Orders & Financial Regulations to be outlined to PC at July Meeting -

21.10 - Request from Walditch Village Hall Committee to provide funding for the Walditch Green HM Queen's celebrations. - 100 was approved by the Parish Councillors present.

Proposals for Parish Matters Agenda - for July 2016 Meeting

Consideration of detailed Inclusions for Standing Orders & Financial Regulations -

22. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.
22.1 -* Audit 2016/2017 - Approved Darkin Miller Ltd as Auditor for 2016/2017 -
22.2 - Open Spaces & CPRE Journals - for Pennie Jones at July Meeting -
22.3 -* Neighbourhood Plan papers - to Ian Bark -
22.4 - Centenary Fields - to Geoff Matthews -
* - to Parish Matters -
The next Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at BOTHENHAMPTON VILLAGE HALL, on MONDAY 11 July 2016, commencing at 7 pm.

There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 8.p.m.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR



Monday 13 June 2016 -

See Report by DCC Councillor - Ron Coatsworth -