Bothenhampton Village





MINUTES OF BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCI.MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL WALDITCH, ON MONDAY 9 JUNE 2014.

Present: Bob Dennis(Chair), Alan Stenning(Vice Chair), Ian Bark, Ed Hanson, & Colin Sparkes.

In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

13. DECLARATION OF INTEREST.

13.1 - To remind Parish Councillors that if a matter arises at a Meeting which relates to an interest in Appendix A of the Code of Conduct adopted by resolution of B&WPC on Monday 9th July 2012, then the member shall not participate in a discussion or vote on the matter. Where a matter arises at the meeting which relates to Appendix B of the Code of Conduct, then the member shall withdraw from the Meeting. Where a matter arises at a meeting which relates to a financial interest of friend, relative or close associate, the member concerned shall disclose the nature of the interest and withdraw from the meeting.

14. APOLOGIES.

14.1- There were apologies from - Pennie Jones, Elizabeth Welch, David Stubbs,

15. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meeting of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday12 May 2014, were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.

16. MATTERS ARISING.

16.1- May 2014 - 1 to 12, June - 13 to 24, July - 25 to 36, August - no Meeting, September - 37 to 48, October - 49 to 60, November - 61 to 72, December - no Meeting, January 2015 - 73 to 84, February 2015 -85 to 96, March 2015 - 97 to 108, & April 2015 - 109 to 120. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.

17. DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.04 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.36 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's agenda, there being no further matters raised.

n.b. - There were 4 members of the public present at the Meeting.

18. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR BOTHENHAMPTON.

David Tett - Apologies sent -

19. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR WALDITCH

Mark Roberts - Apologies sent -

20. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH.

Ron Coatsworth -Reported on the DCC travelling presentation which gives members of the public the opportunity to say what they think regarding priorities for local services.

21.* PLANNING AGENDA for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 9 June 2014 .

a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC -

WD/D/14/000581 - 25 South Lawns, Bridport - Single storey extension - Action at May Meeting - Corporate View of Parish Council is to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc

22. FINANCE AGENDA - B&WPC MEETING - Monday 12 May 2014.

Receipts - Nil -

i) Statement of Current Account as at 31 May 2014 - 18,889.89

ii) Accounts for Payment

Less outstanding cheques as listed :-

Cheques

1358 David Landscapes Ltd - 770.47(paid 2/6/14)

1359 Playsafety Ltd - Play Areas Inspection - 163.20

1360 John Bright Ltd - John Holt Play Area - 562.80

1361 DAPTC - Annual Subscription - 685.38

1362 C T Dobbs - Clerk's May 2014 Salary - 404.33

1363 Earlyjoint - Doors to NB, plus re siting - 375.49

1364 C T Dobbs - June 2014 Expenses - 62.38

1365 David Landscapes Ltd - Grass cutting - 283.60

Total 3307.65

Balance 15582.24

Cheques as listed proposed for payment by Colin Sparkes, seconded by Ian Bark, and carried by all Parish Councillors present.

23. * PARISH MATTERS - for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 9 June 2014.

- n.b. All items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

23.1 - Notice Boards Update - Clerk to report on doors fitted to Walditch Road NB, and then re sited to Jellyfields Entrance.

Action at June Meeting - PC approved the fitting of doors to the Notice Boards in Pasture Way and the Burton Road at an estimated cost of 230 each.

23.2 - Ab Antiquo - to consider solutions to problem of Ab Antiquo porch being hit

Update of Action at May Meeting - Following the considerable input from 35 members of the public at the earlier held Open Forum(see notes in APM minutes), the Parish Councillors present considered and approved the following points of action :-

1. To support the possible plan of DCC Highways installing bollards along the front of the property and on Ab Antiquo land. Approved the plan that the reinstated thatched Porch should have a discreet steel band around the lower rim.

2. For present protection poles to be removed when bollard work is completed.

3. That the Parish Council support the view of the Open Forum, i.e. That local residents attending the meeting do not support Traffic/Highway restrictions on any part of Main Street, Bothenhampton.

4. For the Clerk to write to David Capewell and Highways, outlining the views of the Parish Council( attached to present Minutes).

13 May 2014 - to David Capewell, Richard Stubbs,DCC Highways, and all Prish Councillors present at the May Meeting -

- The Parish Council have listened carefully to your comments regarding the damage to Ab Antiquo Porch, and also the concerns of the 35 residents who attended the Open Forum yesterday evening.

- Following a debate during Parish Matters of the B&WPC May Meeting, the Parish Councillors present agreed to support your plan to reinstate the Porch thatch with a discreet steel band positioned around the lower rim. The Parish Council understand that DCC Highways have agreed to fit steel bollards, being your own property, along an agreed line on your land in front of Ab Antiquo and leading from the corner stone to the bread oven. Such a plan is fully supported by the Parish Council, who would request that the present protectingpoles on either side of the porch are taken down on completion of the DCC work.

- As this e mail will form the main minute of the Meeting(11.2, dated 12/5/14), I have added the considered majority view of the Open Forum which is also supported by the Parish Council - i.e. That local residents attending the meeting do not support Traffic/Highway restrictions on any part of Main Street, Bothenhampton.

Action at June Meeting - Ian Bark suggested that DCC should be requested to acknowledge the receipt of the letter - Clerk to Action -

23.3 - Painting of Play Equipment in John Holt Play Area - possible dates 16/6, 17/6, & 18/6 -

Action at May Meeting - PC approved the planned painting of John Holt Play Area equipment on the dates of 16/6, 17/6 & 18/6, by Clive Green who carried out the work in 2011.

Action at June Meeting - PC reminded of commencement of work on Monday16 June 2014 -

23.4 - Lengthsman's duties for June 2014 -

Bothenhampton - Check condition of Muddy Lane & overhanging trees in Old Church Road.

Hollow Way - cut back overhanging shrubs over path.

Cut back footpath overgrown areas leading from Churchayes.

Walditch - Check Fingerpost signing Shipton Gorge path, and footpath leading from Lower Walditch Road to Lychetts.

Clear area around Phone Box in centre of the Village.

23.5 - Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan - Update to Meeting -

Action at June Meeting - Colin Sparkes and Chris Dobbs attended a Working Group Meeting on Friday 6 June at Mountfield. The next meeting has been arranged for Friday 4 July - Ian Bark and Colin Sparkes have agreed to attend,

23.6 - Review of cover arrangements for Clerk -

Action at June Meeting - Ian Bark agreed to shadow Clerk, and a meeting has been arranged for Monday 7 July at 10.00 at 6 Sunnyside -

23.7 - DAPTC Annual Subscription + Area Reps -

Action at June Meeting - to review at July Meeting -

Proposals for the Parish Matters Agenda of the July 2014 Meeting.

Clerk requested to email Highways regarding the' Walditch Roundabout'- suggest a site meeting to consider its safety.

To consider Crock lane parking restrictions -

24. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.

24.1 - Open Spaces Society - for Pennie at next Meeting -

24.2 - NSPCC letter - to Bob - to consider at July Meeting -

24.3 - LCR Journal - to Colin -

24.5 - E mail from Steve Legg - to Ian - for next Meeting Agenda -

24.6 - Dorset Wildlife Trust - to Bob -

The next Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at BOTHENHAMPTON VILLAGE HALL, on MONDAY 14 July 2014, commencing at 7 pm.

There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 8.35 p.m.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

Monday 9 June 2014 -

Richard Chadney is concerned that the turning circle at the bottom of Main Street/Old Church Road & Quarry Lane, is becoming increasingly congested. He remarked that it was becoming increasingly more difficult for cars to get through the Village, and he has concern for the access of emergency vehicles. Chris Dobbs pointed out that an Ambulance had taken his wife,Margaret, to and from hospital on three separate occasions in May/June 2013, and no noticeable restrictions were experienced.

Richard would suggest that a no parking zone is preferable at the narrow point outside Ab Antiquo, and some form of restriction at the turning circle previously described.

David Capewell had concerns that neither April or May's Minutes were on the Bothenhampton website. In fact, the May Minutes had only just been approved a few minutes earlier. The Clerk assured David that the Minutes had been e mailed to Ray Gibbs who administers the site, and Minutes were always available from the Clerk upon request. It was also pointed out that the Bothenhampton website was not an official Parish Council site, and relied upon the goodwill of Ray to post at his convenience. There was a suggestion by David that the May Open Forum attended by 35 residents was fundamentally flawed. There was also some suggestion that Chris Dobbs and Debbie Knight had lobbied neighbours in Main Street. This statement was refuted by Chris Dobbs, who stated that he had awareness of his position as Clerk, and felt it to be inappropriate to have any involvement in such activity. At this point, Chris Dobbs sat with members of the public to state his concerns about the accusations.

David Capewell mentioned that DCC were still investigating the positioning of bollards, that needed to be at least 50cms from Ab Antiquo.

Ron Coatsworth suggested that a no parking zone could be considered, and Alan Stenning mentioned that WDDC had some Parking Permit Zones in parts of Bridport.

Ian Bark commented that the May Meeting had concluded with a balanced view being shared by e mail with David Capewell , Parish Councillors present at the Meeting, and DCC Highways. The plan to re- nstate bollards on Ab Antiquo land was fully supported by the PC, as was the suggestion that the porch could be constructed with a discreet steel band around the base of the thatched covering.

The Meeting was reminded of the PC supported view of the 35 local residents attending the May Open Forum, 'not to support Traffic/Highway restrictions on any part of Main Street'. There were 4 members of the public attending the June Meeting, and 2 spoke about their concerns re Main Street traffic flow and proposed parking restrictions.

After half an hour of debate, the Chair closed the Democratic Half Hour with the view that time was needed re the proposals as previously outlined.

Nb. Parish Matters 23.2, is presenting an update of Action at the May Meeting re solutions to problem of Ab Antiquo porch being hit.