Bothenhampton Village





MINUTES OF BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCI.MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL BOTHENHAMPTON, ON MONDAY 13 July 2015.

Present: Bob Dennis(Chair), Alan Stenning(Vice Chair), Ian Bark, Geoff Matthews, Colin Sparkes, & Ed Hanson.
In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

23. DECLARATION OF INTEREST.

23.1 - To remind Parish Councillors that if a matter arises at a Meeting which relates to an interest in Appendix A of the Code of Conduct adopted by resolution of B&WPC on Monday 9th July 2012, then the member shall not participate in a discussion or vote on the matter. Where a matter arises at the meeting which relates to Appendix B of the Code of Conduct, then the member shall withdraw from the Meeting. Where a matter arises at a meeting which relates to a financial interest of friend, relative or close associate, the member concerned shall disclose the nature of the interest and withdraw from the meeting.

24. APOLOGIES.

24.1- There were apologies from - Pennie Jones -

Colin Sparkes & Ron Coatsworth to arrive later -

25. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meetings of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 8 June 2015, were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.

26. MATTERS ARISING.

15.1- May 2014 - 1 to 11, June - 12 to 22, July - 23 to 33, August - no Meeting, September - 34 to 44, October - 45 to 55, November - 56 to 66, December - no Meeting, January 2016 - 67 to 77, February 2016 -78 to 88, March 2016 - 89 to 99, & April 2016 - 100 to 110. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.

27.DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.02 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.32 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's Agenda, there being no further matters raised.

n.b. - There were 10 members of the public present at the Meeting.

28. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLORS FOR BRIDPORT SOUTH.

Dave Rickard - Thanked electors for voting him into office. Commented on WDDC Staffing difficulties, and Tri Council arrangements that are presently taking place. Planning is now up to date -
Noted Boundary Commission objections from BTC & DCC -
Would welcome individual queries regarding General Election anomalies - e.g. Ballot papers given out to wrong people -

29. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH.

Commented on proposed changes to 44 Bus route -
Mentioned that Election irregularities were complicated -
Commented that Fire engine had difficulty in getting through Main Street by the narrow point alongside Ab Antiquo.

30.* PLANNING AGENDA for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 13 July 2015.

a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC -



WD/D/15/001083 - Church Hayes Farm - use of silage clamp for Caravan storage - PC recommended Approval of Planning Consent -

WD/D/15/001271 - Land to East of 30 & 32 Lake Lane - Outline Application for erection of 2 Bungalows - PC recommended Objection for the following reasons :- limited access to site, - Change of Use, - concern re adjacent Poplar trees, - land in 'Green Space', corrider, site supports many species including Slow Worms, - details in PC comments -

WD/D/15/001381 - Hillcrest, Main Street - Carport replacement - PC recommended Approval of Planning Consent -

WD/D/15/001372 - Flat 4, 91 Crock lane - Install window in South facing 2nd floor gable - PC recommended Approval of Planning Consent -


b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

WD/D/14/002520 - 43 Main Street - Planning Appeal -

4 Uplands - Enforcement Officer's comments - PC requested that Clerk writes to clarify Fire Risk to site -

WD/D/15/001209 - Grant of Non Material Amendment - East Road -

WD/D/15/001186 - Bridleway, Old Church Road - Approval -

31. FINANCE AGENDA - B&WPC MEETING - Monday 13 July 2015.

Receipts - VAT refund - 723.51(statement 263)

i) Statement of Current Account as at 30 June 2015 - 20,565.50

ii) Accounts for Payment

Less outstanding cheques as listed :-

Cheques

1426 - Sovereign - 20% Deposit for Play Area - 1474.76
1427 - C T Dobbs - Clerk's June 2015 Salary - 404.33
1428 - C T Dobbs - Clerk's July 2015Expenses - 36.01
1429 - C T Dobbs - April to June 2015 Office Accommodation - 97.50
1430 - Bothenhampton Village Hall - 12.00
1431 - Walditch Village Hall - 15.00
1432 - ashortwalk Ltd - Jacolines Crock - 79.96
1433 - DCC - Cedar Tree Inspection - 72.00
1434 - DAPTC - Annual Subscription - 700.75
1435 - HMRC - Post Office Ltd - Tax for April/May/June 2015 - 303.24
1436 - Open Spaces Society - 45.00
1437 - David Landscapes - grasscutting - 633.88
1438 - Bothenhampton Village Hall - 12.00
Total 3886.43
Balance 16679.07 Cheques as listed proposed for payment by Geoff Matthews, seconded by Ed Hanson, and carried by all Parish Councillors present

32. * PARISH MATTERS - for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 13 July 2015.

- n.b. All items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

32.1 -Bus Route 44, including Bus Stop change - changes to be described by Clerk at Meeting -

Action at July Meeting - Generally there was support for the enforced changes to the 44 route, although some concern expressed regarding the possible future risk of subsidy survival. There was also concern expressed about the residents who live in Coopers Drive, Valley Road, & Chestnut Rise.

32.1a - Grant for Bothenhampton Village Hall - It was Proposed by Bob, and seconded by Ian to recommend a Grant of 50% of the cost to address the rising damp in the Village Hall.
The Clerk requested that further estimate details be presented to the PC before specific funding could be allocated.

Action at May Meeting - Clerk's request was positively considered, & Pennie is to investigate how payment of funds re VAT can be administered by Village Hall Committee.

Action at June Meeting - Clerk noted that PC were not owners of the Hall, & requested that a written Grant request for funding is forwarded for the Parish Council's consideration. Parish Councillor Ian Bark asked if the Clerk could make withdrawal enquiries regarding the PC's Business Account.

Action at July Meeting - After some debate regarding the level of Grant, it was agreed by the PC to award 2000 to Bothenhampton Village Hall Committee, towards the damp proofing work. The PC also advised the Clerk to set up proceedings to close the Parish Business Reserve Account, and for the monies to be transferred to the PC Current Account.

32.2 - DCC Highways have not yet cleared outlet to Wanderwell Stream - Colin Sparkes -

Action at April Meeting - to contact Connect on 01404 823381 -

Action at May/June Meeting - Clerk now needs to contact WDDC -

Action at July Meeting - Clerk has spoken to Connect, and has been assured that monitoring of the Wanderwell Stream outlet is taking place. PC requested that Clerk sends e mail to ConnectA30@balfourbeatty.com, to request written confirmation of monitoring -


, 32.3 - to choose sites for 4 DCC Grant benches -

Action at May Meeting - Two sites have been agreed - by the Holy Trinity wall in Bothenhampton, and at the top of Valley View Amenity site. Placement outside Jellyfields & Wanderwell LNA's need further investigation.

Action at June Meeting - Agreed to place 1 bench at entrance to DCC Jellyfields LNA site -

To consider last bench placement fo next Meeting -

Action at July Meeting - Agreed for bench to placed in the glade of Bothenhampton LNA -

32.4 - Concerning Ab Antiquo, re APM on 11May 2015

Action at June Meeting - Clerk reported that he has received an email from Andrew Brown acknowledging receipt of Approved letter from PC.

Action at July Meeting - have not had any contact with Andrew Brown or any other official with regard to Ab Antiquo.

32.5 - Estimates for Cedar Tree at Valley View Amenity site Safety Report -

Action at March Meeting - PC agreed for Safety Report to be carried out by DCC at estimated cost of 150 - Clerk to contact DCC with request -

Action at April Meeting - Requested to DCC, that an Inspection of Cedar Tree is Actioned -

Action at May Meeting - no progress to report -

Action at June Meeting - Clerk understands that Safety Report is being actioned by DCC this week.

Action at July Meeting - Approved Report - stated that major deadwood needs taking out, and Ivy band to be stripped from base of tree. Clerk advised to obtain estimates.

32.6 - Lengthsman's duties for June 2015 -

Bothenhampton -

* Construct steps to provide easier access from Footpath 5/14 to Bowhayes -
Nb -contacted DCC, Bowhayes is private road - requested DCC does estimate of cost - Strim verges in the top half of Quarry Lane -

Walditch - Spinners Lane - Chimney Report - WDDC Building Control -

Clearing of weeds in John Gundry Play Area -

32.7 - Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan -

Action at June Meeting - Map of local area distributed to each Parish Councillors, & Potential of Green Spaces on Agenda for July Meeting -

Action at July Meeting - Neighbourhood Plan to be advertised at Bothenhampton Church Fete on Saturday 18 July -

32.8 - Review of cover arrangements for Clerk -

Action at July Meeting - nb. 17 Hours logged by Clerk during last week - Clerk to meet with Ian Bark on Tuesday 25 August at 09.00 -

32.9 - Review of Risk Assessment Policy -

Nb. Copies of present policy distributed at last Meeting -

Action at July Meeting - Review to now take place at the September Meeting - Clerk to distribute present Policy with July Minutes -

32.10 - Play Area Inspection Reports & refurbishment of John Holt Play Area -

Action at June Meeting - PC have previously accepted quote, & the possibility of an additional cost of 612 for temporary fencing. Clerk has sent e mail to Sovereign, requesting work to be carried out in September.

Action at July Meeting - Clerk advised PC to proceed with Annual Inspection -

32.11 - Parking in Crock Lane -

Action at June Meeting - County Councillor Ron Coatsworth has sent an e mail to Pc, requesting that Parking in Crock Lane is discussed at July Meeting -

Action at July Meeting - No discussion took place as Ron Coatsworth had left Meeting, so Agenda item to September Meeting -

32.12 - Notes from Colin re Cemetery Play Area - Colin Sparkes -

Action at April Meeting - It was pointed out by PC members that the Cemetery Play Area is on a conditional lease and permanent Play Equipment could not be secured on the site. There was a suggestion that the goal posts could be repainted - Clerk to action estimate -

Action at June Meeting - Clerk informed Meeting that an estimate should be obtained for July Meeting -

Action at July Meeting - PC approved estimate of 150 from Clive's Handy
Man Services -

Proposals for Parish Matters Agenda -September 2015 Meeting.

32.9 Risk Assessment Policy debate - , & 32.11 Parking in Crock Lane -

33. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.


N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.
33.1 - DCC Highways featured in Channel 5 Series - Informed PC of forthcoming series -

The next Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at WALDITCH VILLAGE HALL, on MONDAY 14 September 2015, commencing at 7 pm.

There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 9.03 p.m.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR

Monday 13 July 2015 -

A number of the 10 residents present were concerned regarding the Planning Application - Land to East of 30 & 32 Lake Lane - WD/D/15/001381. The speakers were assured that all their comments would be considered by the Parish Council, as the Planning Application was on the Planning Agenda for this Meeting.