Bothenhampton Village





MINUTES OF BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCI.MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL BOTHENHAMPTON, ON MONDAY 14 JULY 2014.

Present: Bob Dennis(Chair), Alan Stenning(Vice Chair), Ian Bark, Pennie Jones, Colin Sparkes, & Elizabeth Welch.
In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

25. DECLARATION OF INTEREST.

25.1 - To remind Parish Councillors that if a matter arises at a Meeting which relates to an interest in Appendix A of the Code of Conduct adopted by resolution of B&WPC on Monday 9th July 2012, then the member shall not participate in a discussion or vote on the matter. Where a matter arises at the meeting which relates to Appendix B of the Code of Conduct, then the member shall withdraw from the Meeting. Where a matter arises at a meeting which relates to a financial interest of friend, relative or close associate, the member concerned shall disclose the nature of the interest and withdraw from the meeting.

26. APOLOGIES.

27. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meeting of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 9 June 2014, were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.

28. MATTERS ARISING.

28.1- May 2014 - 1 to 12, June - 13 to 24, July - 25 to 36, August - no Meeting, September - 37 to 48, October - 49 to 60, November - 61 to 72, December - no Meeting, January 2015 - 73 to 84, February 2015 -85 to 96, March 2015 - 97 to 108, & April 2015 - 109 to 120. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.

29. DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.03 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.08 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's agenda, there being no further matters raised.

n.b. - There were no members of the public present at the Meeting, but there was one public query from a Parish Councillor.

30. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR BOTHENHAMPTON.

David Tett reported that Matt Prosser, the new Chief Executive is in place and taken up his duties.

There is to be a two month period of consultation on the amendments to the Local Plan.

The District Council is in Tri Party Talks with Weymouth and Portland Borough Council and North Dorset District Council over a Shared Services Partnership.

If the arrangements come into fruition, which seems likely, then a further 6 million is anticipated will be saved over the next five years.

However, there is also likely to be more redundancies: and it is proposed that there will be a sharing of the Chief Executive and senior management team. c I will report further when the discussions unfold,

31. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR WALDITCH

Mark Roberts - commented that Shared Councils may use the Dorchester Offices as a hub.

Officers were likely to be sharing responsibilities, with a joint Local Plan.

With the Local Development Framework, Planning Consultation is only on amendments.

32. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH.

Ron Coatsworth - advised regarding concern that Hollow Way bank has only had a 1 metre cut, that PC should contact Highways - could be a Health & Safety issue as the overhang is impeding the vision of motorists, and cyclists are having to come out further into the road.

33.* PLANNING AGENDA for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 14 July 2014 .

a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC -

WD/D/14/0001390 - 21 Valley Road - Proposed Rear Extension - PC recommended Approval of Planning Consent.

WD/D/14/001365 - 2 Lake Lane - Proposed Extension - PC recommended Approval of Planning Consent.

WD/D/14/001301 - May Cottage, Old Church Road - Replace a window at May Cottage - PC recommended Approval of Planning Consent.

WD/D/14/001308 - 2 Manor Barn, Main Street - Proposed first floor Extension to the rear of the property - PC recommended Approval of Planning Consent.


b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc

1/D/12/001288 - Land Marrowbone lane - Approval - conditions 3 & 5 - Approval still required for conditions 4. *

WD/D/14/000581 - 25 South Lawns - Approval of Planning Permission.

34. FINANCE AGENDA - B&WPC MEETING - Monday 14 July 2014.

Receipts - VAT Refund - 986.45


i) Statement of Current Account as at 30 June 2014 - 16544.69

ii) Accounts for Payment

Less outstanding cheques as listed :-

Cheques

1366 - Accounts & Audit Services - 223.20

1367 - Walditch Village Hall - 15.00

1368 - Clive's Handyman Services - 290.57

1369 - C T Dobbs - June 2014 Salary - 404.33

1370 - HMRC - April, May, & June 2014 - 303.24

1371 - C T Dobbs - Office Accommodation - 97.50

1372 - David Landscapes - Grass Cutting & gate repair - 683.88

Total 2017.72

Balance 14526.97 Cheques as listed proposed for payment by Pennie Jones , seconded by Elizabeth Welch , and carried by all Parish Councillors present.

35. * PARISH MATTERS - for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 14 July 2014.

- n.b. All items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

35.1 - Excel Cashbook Statement - printed 30/6/14, showing Total Receipts, Spending, Budget, & % Spend.

Action at July Meeting - PC Approved the Accounts Excel Cashbook 1415 v 1(2) B&WPC, printed 30 June 2014. Alan Stenning offered to review the Excel Cashbook with the Clerk, with the aim of improving the format.

35.2 - Ab Antiquo - to consider solutions to problem of Ab Antiquo porch being hit

Action at June Meeting - Ian Bark suggested that DCC should be requested to acknowledge the receipt of the letter - Clerk to Action -

Action at July Meeting - Clerk read e mail reply from Richard Stubbs, Technical Officer, DCC - ' Further to your e mail I can confirm that the e mail from the Parish Council dated 14 May 2014 has been received and it's contents noted '. There was no further discussion regarding the matter at the Meeting, as the proposals regarding porch strengthening and the placement of bollards on Ab Antiquo land had been fully documented & supported by the PC in the 14 May e mail.

35.3 - Estimates for Cedar Tree at Valley View Amenity site Safety Report -

Action at July Meeting - PC considered that estimates were too high, and asked the Clerk to consult further with Graham Cox, Senior Tree Officer WDDC.

35.4 - Lengthsman's duties for July 2014 -

Bothenhampton - Ancient path in Hollow Way needs some considerable attention.

Reported weeds in path outside Maple Gardens -

Walditch - Play Area needs weeds to be cleared -

Phone Box & Post Box needs weeds clearing -

35.5 - Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan - Update to Meeting -

Action at June Meeting - Colin Sparkes and Chris Dobbs attended a Working Group Meeting on Friday 6 June at Mountfield. The next meeting has been arranged for Friday 4 July - Ian Bark and Colin Sparkes have agreed to attend.

Action at July Meeting - PC agreed to earmark 500 to Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan, with a further 500 to follow, and also agreed the Outline Decision Making Structure * for the Plan. Walditch resident, David Hill, has indicated an interest in being a local volunteer and is to be invited to attend the next PC Meeting on Monday 15 September 2014.

* The proposed structure would see a joint committee of participating councils with delegated authority to take executive decisions in relation to the Plan - budget etc. with a Steering Group(comprising community representatives), responsible for day to day delivery of the Plan(reporting to the Joint Committee). The Plan would be community- led, through the Steering Group but the Joint Committee would monitor the project implementation

35.6 - Review of cover arrangements for Clerk -

Action at June Meeting - Ian Bark agreed to shadow Clerk, and a meeting has been arranged for Monday 7 July at 10.00 at 6 Sunnyside -

Action at July Meeting - Ian commented on his two hour visit where Chris had outlined to him the preparation processes for this Meeting. He considered that while a complex process, he felt reasonably confident of being able to complete the work if necessary. A further shadowing exercise has been agreed for Monday 6 October from 10.30 to 12.30.

35.7 - DAPTC Annual Subscription + Area Reps -

Action at June Meeting - to review at July Meeting -

Action at July Meeting - Agreed to have one DAPTC Area Rep, and Colin Sparkes volunteered.

35.8 - Off centre Mini Roundabout in Walditch Road - Site Meeting recommended -

Action at July Meeting - Clerk outlined site meeting date with DCC Highways Officers Sue Sadler & Richard Stubbs, of Thursday 31 July at 10.00. Alan Stenning & Ian Bark agreed to attend.

35.9 - New date of September Meeting - Monday 15 September 2014 -

Action at July Meeting - Clerk outlined reason for putting back the next Meeting date to Monday15 September, and agreed to send out Agenda & Minutes on Wednesday 3 September as advance notice. The Meeting is scheduled for Monday 15 September 2014, at Walditch Village Hall.

35.10 - Application for Grant - Old Churchyard, Bothenhampton -

Action at July Meeting - The PC noted the need for 9 cuts at 130 per cut , and approved a Grant of 9x 130 = 1170, to be paid at September Meeting.

35.11 - Parish Computer - Clerk to update -

Action at July Meeting - Clerk appreciated that the PC agreed for the purchase of a new Parish Computer, but felt that further research should be carried out before going ahead.

35.12 - Play Area Inspection Reports -

Action at July Meeting - Clerk outlined that Inspection Reports for John Holt & John Gundry Play Areas had been completed in May 2014, and that some maintenance work had been recommended for both sites. He recommended that Reports may need further scrutiny by the September Meeting.

Proposals for the Parish Matters Agenda of the September 2014 Meeting.

Elizabeth Welch delivered a letter of resignation from her position as a Parish Councillor, but agreed to hold the matter and attend the next Meeting on Monday 15 September. Elizabeth also indicated that she was interested in being involved in the Neighbourhood Plan.

36. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.

36.1 - Open Spaces Society - to Pennie -

36.2 - NSPCC letter - to Bob - to consider at September Meeting -

36.3 - CPRE Planning Objection - to Ian -

36.5 - E mail from Steve Legg - to Ian - for July Meeting Agenda - Clerk to make enquiries with DCC -

36.6 - Request for speed limit changes on Burton Road - letter from DCC Highways read to PC - no changes to 40 mph speed limit already in place -

36.7 - AONB - Framework for the Future - to Pennie -

36.8 - Walditch Village Green -Request to use Village Green on Sunday 10 August approved by PC -

The next Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at WALDITCH VILLAGE HALL, on MONDAY 15 September 2014, commencing at 7 pm. PLEASE NOTE THAT MEETING IS ON THIRD MONDAY OF SEPTEMBER(15 September), DUE TO CLERK BEING AWAY DURING THE PREVIOUS WEEK.

There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 8.20 p.m.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.



Monday 14 July 2014 -

Pennie Jones had a query regarding the high number of tyres being stored at Church Hayes Farm, Churchhayes. Advised by District Councillor, Mark Roberts, for Clerk to contact Planning Enforcement Officer with enquiry.