Bothenhampton Village


Present: Alan Stenning(Vice Chair & Chair for this Meeting), Ian Bark, Geoff Matthews, & Colin Sparkes. In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).


67.1 - To remind Parish Councillors that if a matter arises at a Meeting which relates to an interest in Appendix A of the Code of Conduct adopted by resolution of B&WPC on Monday 9th July 2012, then the member shall not participate in a discussion or vote on the matter. Where a matter arises at the meeting which relates to Appendix B of the Code of Conduct, then the member shall withdraw from the Meeting. Where a matter arises at a meeting which relates to a financial interest of friend, relative or close associate, the member concerned shall disclose the nature of the interest and withdraw from the meeting.


68.1- There were apologies from - Ed Hanson -

Bob Dennis, Andy Taylor, & Elizabeth Welch were absent


The Minutes of the previous Meetings of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 14 November 2016, were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.


70.1- May 2016 - 1 to 11, June - 12 to 22, July - 23 to 33, August - no Meeting, September - 34 to 44, October - 45 to 55, November - 56 to 66, December - no Meeting, January 2017 - 67 to 77, February 2017 -78 to 88, March 2017 - 89 to 99, & April 2017 - 100 to 110. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.


At 7.05 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.10 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's Agenda, there being no further matters raised.

n.b. - There was no members of the public present at the Meeting.

n.b. - Letter from Mr Jones re Walditch Road was noted - for 76.1 - Parish Matters -


Dave Rickard - absent from Meeting -


Ron Coatsworth - Clerk informed Ron that Information Boards would be fitted at the Quarry Path site in the next few weeks. Ron, Ian, Geoff, & Colin agreed to attend inuagaration - to be arranged at next Meeting.

Informed Meeting that Local Plan was now on Internet, & commended the 200 page document to Parish Councillors present.

Also commended the Review of the Dorset Health Service, which is presently being presented at Public Meetings locally.

74.* PLANNING AGENDA for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 9 January 2017.

a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC -

WD/D/16/002490 - Applewood Cottage, Walditch - Listed Building Consent - Internal alterations as listed in Application - Corporate View was to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.

WD/D/16/002586 - Lynwood, 29 Crock Lane - Hard standing area for one car at front of house - Corporate View was to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

WD/D/16/002016 - 7 Howard Close - Approval -

WD/d/16/002224 - 2 Chestnut Road - Approval -

75. FINANCE AGENDA - B&WPC MEETING - Monday 9 January 2017.

Receipts -

i) Current Account as at 31 December 2016 - £20,770.32

ii) Accounts for Payment

Less outstanding cheques as listed :-

Cheques £

1529 - Clerk's November & December 2016 Salaries - 889.26

1530 - Bothenhampton Village Hall - 14.00

1531 - David Landscapes Ltd - Grass Cutting - 165.47

1532 - Black & White IT Ltd - 30.00

1533 - BTC - Laying Hedge in Cemetery Field - 840.00

Total £1938.73

Balance £18831.59 .

Invoices Initialled,& Cheques as listed were proposed for payment by Ian Bark, seconded by Colin Sparkes, and carried by all Parish Councillors present.

76. * PARISH MATTERS - for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 9 January 2017.

- n.b. All items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

76.1 - Letter from Mr Jones re Walditch Road -

Action at January Meeting - The Clerk read the letter to PC members present, who were of accord regarding the described hazards at the bend in the Walditch Road adjacent to The Hyde Nursing Home. The view was that DCC Highways should be consulted, and for a site meeting to be arranged to discuss possible solutions.

76.1b - Meeting dates for 2017 - B&WPC Schedule of Meetings for 2017 were agreed & distributed to PC members present.

Action at January Meeting -

76.2 - Ring & Ride Services - Colin to lead Review -

Action at November Meeting - Colin requested to find out more about the publicity used by the Ring & Ride Service, and report back to the January 2017 Meeting.

Action at January 2017 Meeting - Colin described his campaign of publicity to the local community, including a letter to the Bridport News. It was proposed by Ian that a Grant of £ioo for the Ring & Ride Service should be considered by the PC. This amount was supported & carried by all members present.

76.3 - Lengthsman's duties for January 2017 -

Bothenhampton -

* Construct steps to provide easier access from Footpath 5/14 to Bowhayes -
Nb -contacted DCC, Bowhayes is private road - requested DCC does estimate of cost - nb - not received to date -

Monthly Inspection of John Holt Play Area -
- Including Picnic Tables, gate mechanism, & Safety Surfaces -
- Ivy cleared from wall -

Remaining Bench to be considered for suitable site by PC - to agree location in Slades Green -
Ancient Footpath in Hollow Way to be cutback and generally maintained over the winter months -

Walditch - Spinners Lane - Chimney Report - WDDC Building Control to be contacted re site clearing -

*Site inspection of Spinners Lane - drain outlet to be cleared - site for Dog Waste Bin
Site inspection of John Gundry Play Area, & bin emptying if necessary -
- To re-instate drain gully adjacent to Hyde Farmhouse, Walditch -
- Observation of Spring in Lower Walditch Lane - sand bag barrier installed

76.4 - Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan -

Action at October Meeting - Colin to contact Katy Graham with a view of joining Neighbourhood Plan as a Bothenhampton rep -
Ian distributed notes on Neighbourhood Plan progress to date -

Action at November Meeting - Ian commented on recent meeting of BANP with Hayward's - Colin had also attended -

Action at January Meeting - Ian outlined the recent call for land survey, which revealed 1500 building sites around Bridport. There were just 4 places identified in Bothenhampton, & 1 in Walditch. It should be noted that Ian is a member of the Neighbourhood Plan Joint Committee, & Colin is a member of the Steering Committee.

76.5 - Review of cover arrangements for Clerk -

Action at November Meeting - Confirmed date of next Review meeting as being Tuesday 13 December at 9.30 a.m. -

Action at January Meeting - Confirm Review Meeting set for Wednesday 8 February -

76.6 - Play Areas Inspection Reports -

Action at November Meeting -List of potential hazards compiled on file for detailed inspection -

Action at January Meeting - Reviewed Statement of PC Inspections -

76.7 - DCC Grant - progress of proposals -

Action at January Meeting - interpretation Boards to be fitted on site in the next few weeks. Opening ceremony to be arranged at February Meeting - Ron, Ian, & Geoff expressed willingness to attend.

76.8 - Provision of dog waste bins in Parish -

Action at November Meeting - 2 further sites in Walditch identified, i.e. Spinners Lane, beginning of footpath adjacent to Real Tennis Court, & top of footpath in Walditch Road. Clerk to discuss with Lengthsman & report back to January 2017 Meeting -

Action at January Meeting - Clerk reported that the 2 positioned bins in Blood Lane & Jellyfields rear entrance were well used & emptied weekly by the Lengthsman. PC agreed to review the present arrangements by the end of 2017.

76.9 - Overhang of trees in Crock Lane - adjacent to the Bowhayes turning, and to the back of Elwell - Clerk to contact DCC Highways -

Action at November Meeting - Clerk has reported to DCC Highways 01205 25100 - Ref. 1067411 -

Action at January Meeting - Highways Officer's notes indicated no current obstruction to highway traffic. Size of branches is small and unlikely to pose a threat to vehicular vehicles. The report was noted by PC members present.

76.10 - Condition of Walditch Notice Board -

Action at November Meeting -Clerk to obtain estimate for repair or replacement -

Action at January Meeting -

76.13 - Request to purchase Payphone in Bothenhampton -

Action at November Meeting - Clerk has received e mail indicating documents to adopt will be forwarded by BT when WDDC have approved request -

Action at January Meeting - Clerk has left message with Dave Dear on 07971408943 -

76.14 - CAB letter - read to PC - Ian proposed £1000 Grant to CAB Bridport District, which was the amount given in 2015/16. Seconded by Colin, & carried by PC members prese
Proposals for Parish Matters Agenda - for February 2017 Meeting

Ed Hanson has given Apologies for the Meetings in January/ February/ & March 2017 -
Dorset Explorer website recommended by Ian as being very informative -

77. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.
77.1 - Blood Lane letter - being reviewed by Ian Bark -
77.2 - The Pension Regulator letters - Elizabeth Welch to investigate for January Meeting -
77.3 - Thank You letters - read to PC -
77.4 -CPRE & Open Spaces Notes - to Ian -
77.5 - DAPTC Annual Report 2015-2016 - to Colin -

The next Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at BOTHENHAMPTON VILLAGE HALL, on MONDAY 13 February 2017, commencing at 7 pm.

There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 8.30 p.m.


Monday 9 January 2017 :- no members of the public present -