Bothenhampton Village





MINUTES OF BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL BOTHENHAMPTON, ON MONDAY 11 JANUARY 2016.

Present: Bob Dennis(Chair), Ian Bark, Pennie Jones, Geoff Matthews, Colin Sparkes, & Elizabeth Welch.
In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

67. DECLARATION OF INTEREST.

67.1 - To remind Parish Councillors that if a matter arises at a Meeting which relates to an interest in Appendix A of the Code of Conduct adopted by resolution of B&WPC on Monday 9th July 2012, then the member shall not participate in a discussion or vote on the matter. Where a matter arises at the meeting which relates to Appendix B of the Code of Conduct, then the member shall withdraw from the Meeting. Where a matter arises at a meeting which relates to a financial interest of friend, relative or close associate, the member concerned shall disclose the nature of the interest and withdraw from the meeting.

68. APOLOGIES.

68.1- There were apologies from - Ed Hanson, Alan Stenning, & CC Ron Coatsworth.

69. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meetings of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 9 November 2015, were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.

70. MATTERS ARISING.

70.1- May 2014 - 1 to 11, June - 12 to 22, July - 23 to 33, August - no Meeting, September - 34 to 44, October - 45 to 55, November - 56 to 66, December - no Meeting, January 2016 - 67 to 77, February 2016 -78 to 88, March 2016 - 89 to 99, & April 2016 - 100 to 110. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.

70.2 - Advearse e mail - Acknowledged by PC

70.3 - Clerk - Finance Course - Approved by PC - cost 35 -

70.4 - Cut down hedge in Cemetery Field to base of new growth - Approved at estimated cost of 880 -

71.DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.07 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.30 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's Agenda, there being no further matters raised.

n.b. - There was 1 member of the public present at the Meeting.

72. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLORS FOR BRIDPORT SOUTH.

Dave Rickard - Absent from Meeting -

73. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH.

Regarding 54.11 - Parking in Crock Lane

*Ron suggested at the October Parish Council that a Parking Scheme by DCC is considered for Crock Lane -

*Verbal notification of 1380 DCC Grant for environmental improvements - must be applied for by 20 January 2015 -

*PC indicated that the Information Signs in Bothenhampton LNR were in need of renovation.

*The pond in Jellyfields LNR needs digging out - Clerk to contact DCC Senior Ranger -

*Email sent to DCC Ranger - Adam Butcher, 13 January 2016 -

74.* PLANNING AGENDA for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 11 January 2016.

a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC -

WD/D/15/002766 - 41 Slades Green - Alterations & extension to existing lean to utility room - recommendation for Approval sent 7/1/16 -

WD/D/15/002862 - 37 Pasture Way - loft conversion etc - Corporate View of PC was to recommend an Objection to Planning Consent.

WD/D/15/002790 - 14 Howard Road - Extension & conversion of garage - Corporate View of PC was to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.

WD/D/15/002860 - 8 North Hill Way - partial rendering & decoration - Corporate View of the PC was to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.

WD/CA/15/00388 - 4 The Green, Walditch - Sorbus - reduce height up to 2M - comments by 18/12/15 - no comments made -

WD/CA/15/00407 - Church End, Walditch Road - surgery to Cherry, Leyland Cypruss & Silver Birch - comments by 12/1/16 - no comments made -

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc. WD/D/15/002179 - 65A Gundry Road - erect dwelling - Withdrawn -

75. FINANCE AGENDA - B&WPC MEETING - Monday 11 January 2016.

Receipts - Nil.

i) Statement of Current Account as at 31 December 2015 - 16,500.21

ii) Accounts for Payment

Less outstanding cheques as listed :-

Cheques

1463 - Clerk's November/December 2015 Salary - 808.66

1464 - Playsafety Limited - 339.60

1465 - HMRC - Post Office Ltd - 303.24

1466 - Office Accommodation for Clerk - 97.50

1467 - David Landscapes Ltd - 283.60



Total 1,832.60

Balance 14,667.61 Cheques as listed proposed for payment by Pennie Jones, seconded by Geoff Matthews, and carried by all Parish Councillors present.

76. * PARISH MATTERS - for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 11 January 2016.

- n.b. All items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

76.1 - Review of Risk Assessment Policy -


Action at October Meeting - Debate and Review carried out - Risk Assessment Policy for 2015/2016 agreed by all Parish Councillors present.

Action at November Meeting - Review Approved, and Clerk requested to Report to January Meeting on storage arrangements for all Deeds and Documents relating to Parish Council Assets.

Action at January Meeting - Clerk reported to the PC that all deeds relating to B&WPC are stored with Solicitors, Porter Dodson, and copies of letters outlining arrangements together with copies of Land Registry entries were shown to the Meeting.


76.2 - Budget/Precept 2016 -2017 - need to calculate Budget - request meeting with 2 Parish Councillors to finalise details - suggested dates - Tuesdays 10/11/15 or 17/11/15 at 10.00 -

Action at November Meeting - Meeting with Bob Dennis & Pennie Jones arranged for Tuesday 17 November at 08.30, 6 Sunnyside, Main Street, Bothenhamoton.

Action at January Meeting - The Parish Precept for 2016/17 was approved by the PC Members present. The Precept amounts to total funding of 25,851, being 25,310 Precept + 541 Local Tax Support Grant.

76.3 - Consideration of Emergency Access at narrow part of Main Street -

Action at October Meeting - Parish Councillors present endorsed the view of the experts present at the Democratic Hour previously held,( see Report dated 12 October 2015).

Action at November Meeting - Clerk read e mail from Blair Turner, DCC Community Highways Officer, to Meeting describing design progress of the proposed scheme.

Action at January Meeting - Clerk requested to e mail to DCC Blair Turner requesting that Signs, & a Parking Permit Zone are given further consideration re the narrow part of Main Street. Also to point out the use of Village Hall, and the possible forthcoming planning re Homestead Farm. Copies to be sent to County Councillor Ron Coatsworth, & local resident Debbie Knight.

76.4 - DCC Highways have not yet cleared outlet to Wanderwell Stream -

Action at November Meeting - Colin to arrange meeting with Darryl Chambers, BTC Surveyor, regarding the outlet leading out to Groves Nurseries.

Action at January Meeting - Colin reported that he had received a letter from the A35 Highways contractor, describing that Outlet adjacent to Groves will be inspected and cleared.

76.5 - Schedule of Meetings 2016 -

Action at January Meeting - Dates agreed as listed on Schedule -

76.6 - Lengthsman's duties for January 2016 -

Bothenhampton -

* Construct steps to provide easier access from Footpath 5/14 to Bowhayes -
Nb -contacted DCC, Bowhayes is private road - requested DCC does estimate of cost - nb - not received to date -

*Clear drains in Hollow Way - Ed to enquire re DCC input -

Monthly Inspection of John Holt Play Area -

*Maintenance of gullies half way along Long Lane -
* to be reviewed -

*Cut back overhanging Branches along the left side of Burton Road -

Walditch - Spinners Lane - Chimney Report - WDDC Building Control -

*Site inspection of Spinners Lane -

*Monthly Inspection of John Gundry Play Area, to include Bin emptying.

*Drain - halfway up on the left of Lower Walditch Lane - suggestion that spoil is shifted to the other side of the road.

76.7 - Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan -

Action at November Meeting -Ian reported that Working Groups had now been formed-

Action at January Meeting - Ian reported that Working Groups are still in progress -

76.8 - Review of cover arrangements for Clerk -

Action at November Meeting - Next meeting to be arranged for the 9th or 10th December as agreed -

Action at January Meeting - Met in December - next meeting on Wednesday 3 February at 0900 -

76.9 - Play Area Inspection Reports & refurbishment of John Holt Play Area -

Action at November Meeting - Clerk has requested Playsafety Ltd carry out inspection of both sites in November -

Action at January Meeting - Both Reports handed to Pennie Jones for her consideration -

76.10 - Parking in Crock Lane -

Action at October Meeting - Ron suggested that PC request a ' Parking Scheme for Crock Lane ', from DCC

Action at November Meeting - Clerk to e mail DCC Highways with request to carry out remarking of white lines in Crock Lane.

Action at January Meeting - Clerk reported that request to DCC should be completed during January -

76.11 - Additional BT Pole in John Holt Play Area - Paul Vallance BT Surveyor 07802914117 - paul.j.vallance@openreach.co.uk - Suggest site meeting on Mondays 23/11 or 30/11 at 10.30 -

Action at November Meeting - Bob Dennis & Pennie Jones have agreed to meet the BT Surveyor as arranged by Clerk -

Action at January Meeting - No reports received -

76.12 - Danger of slipping slates onto Highway(Main Street), from Barn of Homestead Farm -
Action at January Meeting - Pennie to arrange contact with Estate Solicitor -

76.13 - DCC Grant - progress of proposals -

Action at January Meeting - Clerk reported that e mail had been sent to Ron Coatsworth requesting 2 projects as listed -

Proposals for Parish Matters Agenda - February 2016 Meeting

Financial Regulations & Standing Orders to PC for Review -

77. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.
77.1 - Letter from Nantes - to be read to Meeting - to be forwarded to St Mary's Walditch by Clerk -
77.2 - Local Plan - to be collected from WDDC Offices, Bridport -
77.3 - Register of Electors - to be filed by Clerk -
77.4 - The Pension Regulator - to Elizabeth for review -
77.5 - Thank you letters to PC - read to PC
77.6 - Open Spaces - to Pennie -
77.7 - Rospa - Client Inspection Survey - to Pennie -
77.8 - Savills - Report Summary re Vearse Farm - to Ian -

The next Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at BOTHENHAMPTON VILLAGE HALL, on MONDAY 8 February 2016, commencing at 7 pm.
NB - Ed Hanson gave Apologies for January & February Meetings - There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 8.40 p.m.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR

Monday 11 January 2016 -

*Bob Dennis noted that 36 people attended the last Meeting, and 0 for November.

*NB - From November Minutes -

A High Pavement resident expressed concerns regarding the access for emergency vehicles at the narrow part of Main Street, and pointed out where some features of the proposed Outbuild adjacent to Ab Antiquo are potentially unsafe. By taking out a minimum of 2 parking spaces opposite the Outbuild, there is every likelihood that vehicles would attempt to park on both sides of the road on the known wide areas of Main Street. The Outbuild kerb could be very hazardous at night, as it would be unlikely to be seen by passing vehicles and therefore serious impact problems may result. As Main Street is in the centre of a Conservation Area, the use of luminous hazard markings would not be permissible. Construction of the Outbuild may also cause further restrictions for users of Bothenhampton Village Hall, which is well used by the community on many evenings during each week.

The need to prevent the restriction of emergency vehicles is essential for the safety and well being of local residents, and the resident requested that an erection of a sign adjacent to the High Wall opposite Ab Antiquo could have further reconsideration. While it is appreciated that the High Wall is listed, the Chevron Sign on the other side the road is already secured and in front of a listed building. For the health & safety of the local community an EMERGENCY ACCESS - KEEP CLEAR sign would surely be permitted as the Chevron Sign opposite has already set a precedent for some years.

A further recommendation suggested by a Parish Councillor would be to plan for Main Street to be a designated Parking Permit Area, where residents will need to purchase an annual permit to obtain parking access. The narrow part of Main Street could be excluded from the permitted designated area, and the safety of the local community assured.