Bothenhampton Village





MINUTES OF BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCI.MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL BOTHENHAMPTON, ON MONDAY 9 February 2015.

Present: Bob Dennis(Chair), Alan Stenning(Vice Chair), Ian Bark, Pennie Jones, Geoff Matthews, & Colin Sparkes.
In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

85. DECLARATION OF INTEREST.

85.1 - To remind Parish Councillors that if a matter arises at a Meeting which relates to an interest in Appendix A of the Code of Conduct adopted by resolution of B&WPC on Monday 9th July 2012, then the member shall not participate in a discussion or vote on the matter. Where a matter arises at the meeting which relates to Appendix B of the Code of Conduct, then the member shall withdraw from the Meeting. Where a matter arises at a meeting which relates to a financial interest of friend, relative or close associate, the member concerned shall disclose the nature of the interest and withdraw from the meeting.

86. APOLOGIES.

86.1- There were apologies from - Ed Hanson, David Tett,& David Stubbs (long

87. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meeting of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 12 January 2015, were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.

88. MATTERS ARISING.

88.1- May 2014 - 1 to 12, June - 13 to 24, July - 25 to 36, August - no Meeting, September - 37 to 48, October - 49 to 60, November - 61 to 72, December - no Meeting, January 2015 - 73 to 84, February 2015 -85 to 96, March 2015 - 97 to 108, & April 2015 - 109 to 120. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.

Nb. Waste Management Meeting arranged for Wednesday 18 February at 2 pm, in Bothenhampton Village Hall.

89.DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.05 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.15 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's agenda, there being no further matters raised.

n.b. - There were 0 members of the public present at the Meeting, but 2 Parish Councillors had comments on matters of local interest.

90. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR BOTHENHAMPTON.

David Tett - Apologies sent - I have nothing to report, other than the Budget is to be presented to Members on Tuesday, the 10th February. The Town Council has increased its Council Tax by 4.32%, 2.32% above the cap put on Principal Authorities.

91. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR WALDITCH

Mark Roberts - Commented on Trident Council arrangement re WDDC, Weymouth & Portland, & North Dorset to have one CEO -

Boundary Commission changes - Bothenhampton & Walditch with BTC -

92. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH.

Council Tax - WDDC and DCC to give Authority in next week - increases unlikely -

Possible combined Fire Authority with Wiltshire -

Social Services changes imminent - new Hub in Bridport -

DCC & NHS - joining together - desire for co-ordinated service - Dr's Survey -

Waste Management Centre opening 15/7/15 -

93.* PLANNING AGENDA for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 9 February 2015.

a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC -

WD/D/14/003221 - 2 Slades Green - Proposed Side Extension - Corporate View of PC is to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.

WD/TP/15/00023 - 16 Howard Close - Reduce 4 No Beech by up to 3M - to Meeting - No objection by PC

WD/TP/15/00029 - 4 West Gables Close - Beech - reduce Crown by 15% -
To Meeting - Error - West Gables Close not in B&WPC -

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

WD/D/!$/002961 - Dallington, Marrowbone Lane, Bothenhampton - Approval

94. FINANCE AGENDA - B&WPC MEETING - Monday 9 February 2015.

Receipts - 0.82p Interest - Business Reserve Account

i) Statement of Current Account as at 31 January 2015 - 15914.24

ii) Accounts for Payment

Less outstanding cheques as listed :-

Cheques

1399 - C T Dobbs - Clerk's January Salary - 404.33

1400 - C T Dobbs - Office Expenses - 61.08



Total 465.41

Balance 15448.83 Cheques as listed proposed for payment by Pennie Jones, seconded by Ian Bark, and carried by all Parish Councillors present

95. * PARISH MATTERS - for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 9 February 2015.

- n.b. All items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

95.1 - NO PARKING sign at entrance to John Holt Play Area - Pennie Jones -

Action at February Meeting - suggested that signs are needed - eg -PARKING FOR PLAY AREA USERS ONLY - bright yellow background & official looking as possible -

95.1a - DCC Highways have not yet cleared outlet to Wanderwell Stream - Colin Sparkes -

Action at February Meeting - Colin to provide number at Highways for Clerk -

95.1b - re DCC Grant of 1360, authorized by County Councillor Ron Coatsworth - to be spent on something additional for the Parish. Authority given by PC for Chair & Clerk to action the Grant by February 2015.

Action at February Meeting - County Councillor Ron Coatsworth confirmed that a request for 4 benches had been forwarded to DCC -

95.2 - Ab Antiquo - to consider solutions to problem of Ab Antiquo porch being hit

Action at January 2015 Meeting - PC observed that no work has been carried on the site - No Action to report -

Action at February Meeting - to place file in Past Parish Matters - File to be brought to each Meeting -

95.3 - Estimates for Cedar Tree at Valley View Amenity site Safety Report -

Action at February Meeting - Clerk to make further contact with DCC re Safety Report -

95.4 - Lengthsman's duties for February 2015 -

Bothenhampton - Inspection of water/ice ingress from spring flowing into Quarry Lane -

Clearing of Crock in Crock Lane -

Walditch - Clear gully close to Walditch Road, & adjacent to the Real Tennis Court -

Clear around BT Phone Box in centre of the Village -

95.5 - Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan - Update to Meeting -

Action at January 2015 Meeting - Ian Bark commented that he is now a member of the Steering Group(with Colin Sparkes as reserve member), and the next Meeting of the Group is taking place on Tuesday 20 January 2015. Will report on progress of the Neighbourhood Plan to update PC as necessary.

Action at February Meeting - Ian commented that he was a member of the Neighbourhood Plan Joint Committee and would report on future developments to the PC. It was noted that an area of land in the middle of Bothenhampton may well be subject to Planning Applications in future years.

95.6 - Review of cover arrangements for Clerk -

Action at January 2015 Meeting - Clerk not able to have meeting with Ian on Monday 5 January, but a new date has been arranged for Tuesday 27 January at 10.30.

Action at February Meeting -

95.7 - Off centre Mini Roundabout in Walditch Road - Site Meeting recommended -

Action at July Meeting - Clerk outlined site meeting date with DCC Highways Officers Sue Sadler & Richard Stubbs, of Thursday 31 July at 10.00. Alan Stenning & Ian Bark agreed to attend.

Action at October Meeting - No Action - for next Meeting - Action at November Meeting - DCC to be further approached regarding proposed alteration of the site.

Action at January 2015 Meeting - No Action to report - Clerk to contact DCC -

Action at February Meeting - Clerk requested to contact DCC re liability issues -

95.8 - Parish Computer - Clerk to update -

Action at November Meeting - Clerk reported that new computer had been purchased and was on site and in limited use. Unfortunately, the Office program purchased did not include Microsoft Outlook, which is essential to ensure a compatible e mail package. Clerk was given permission to purchase Microsoft Office by the next Meeting.

Action at January 2015 Meeting - Clerk to continue enquiries -

Action at February Meeting - Clerk to continue trialling present e mail package -

95.9 - Play Area Inspection Reports -

Action at January 2015 Meeting - Clerk informed Meeting that a survey of the John Holt Play Area had been offered by 'Sovereign', for Thursday 15 January 2015 at 9.30 am. Pennie has work commitments, so unlikely to be able to attend.

Action at February Meeting - Clerk to forward copies of Sovereign estimates to Geoff & Pennie, with a view that a decision will be made at the March Meeting .

95.10 - Jurassic Coast Champion - Ian Bark agree to be nominated -

95 .11 - DCC Footpath Maintenance -

Action at October Meeting - PC has agreed SLA plan in principle, but will make further consideration at November Meeting -

Action at November Meeting - Clerk to advise DCC Ranger, Ben Handley, of PC agreement to SLA Footpaths Plan -

Action at February Meeting - Clerk to contact DCC re scheme -

95.12 - Request for Site Meeting - re parking in Crock Lane -

Action at January Meeting - DCC have yet to reply to Clerk's November letter -

Action at February Meeting - Clerk to contact DCC re Site Meeting -

95.13 - Review of Election recharges to Towns & Parishes -

Action at January Meeting - Pennie to consider WDDC letter and Report to February Meeting -

Action at February Meeting - reserve to March Meeting -

95.14 - Excel Cashbook Statement - printed 21/1/15, showing Total Receipts, Spending, Budget, & % Spend.

Action at February Meeting - Copy given to each Parish Councillors present, & details discussed and approved.

95.15 - Annual Review of Standing Orders, Financial Regulations, & Risk Assessment Policy - to appoint lead Parish Councillors for Reviews to take place by March 2015 Meeting -

Action at February Meeting - request for David Stubbs to Review Standing Orders & Financial Regulations, & Pennie Jones to Review Risk Assessment Policy -

Proposals for Parish Matters Agenda -March 2015 Meeting.

Walditch War Memorial request -

96. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.
96.1 - CAB Request for financial assistance - agree Grant of 1000 -
96.2 - Walditch - Proposed WW1 & 2 Memorial - to March Meeting-
96.3 - Register of Electors - Clerk informed PC of new Register for 2015 -
96.5 - Insurance quotes - to inform present Insurer(AON), of competitive quotes -
96.6 - DAPTC Newsletter - NB - Conference - 25/2/15 - to PC members -

The next Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at WALDITCH VILLAGE HALL, on MONDAY 9 March 2015, commencing at 7 pm.

There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 8.40 p.m.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR

Monday 9 February 2015 -

Pennie had concern that a springe outlet in Quarry Lane becomes dangerous when frozen. Clerk suggested that Lengthsman may be able to alleviate problem.

Bob asked Ron Coatsworth about Marine Conservation Grant. Ron replied that Grant was nothing to do with DCC, and was directly funded by DEFRA .