Bothenhampton Village





MINUTES OF THE BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL. MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL, BOTHENHAMPTON, ON MONDAY 8 APRIL 2013.

Present: Bob Dennis(Chair), Alan Stenning(Vice Chair), Ed Hanson, Pennie Jones, Colin Sparkes, David Stubbs, & Karl Wallace.
In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

109. DECLARATION OF INTEREST.

109.1 - To remind Parish Councillors that if a matter arises at a Meeting which relates to an interest in Appendix A of the Code of Conduct adopted by resolution of B&WPC on Monday 9th July 2012, then the member shall not participate in a discussion or vote on the matter. Where a matter arises at the meeting which relates to Appendix B of the Code of Conduct, then the member shall withdraw from the Meeting. Where a matter arises at a meeting which relates to a financial interest of a friend, relative or close associate, the member concerned shall disclose the nature of the interest and withdraw from the meeting.

110. APOLOGIES.

110.1 There were apologies from Colin Sparkes & Elizabeth Welch.

111. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meeting of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 11th March 2013 , were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.

112. MATTERS ARISING.

112.1- May 2012 - 1 to 12, June - 13 to 24, July - 25 to 36, August - no Meeting, September - 37 to 48, October - 49 to 60, November - 61 to 72, December - no Meeting, January 2013 - 73 to 84, February 2013 -85 to 96, March 2013 - 97 to 108, & April 2013 - 109 to 120. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.

113. DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.03 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.20 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's agenda, there being no further matters raised.

n.b. - There was 1 member of the public present at the Meeting -

114. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR BOTHENHAMPTON.

David Tett gave the following Report :-

1. 5 Marsh Gate, Burton Road : Regarding the proposed extension to this property, there have been two applications, the first of which your Council's corporate view was to object. This was supported by the District Council and the planning application was refused. The applicant appealed against the decision and the Appeal was dismissed. Between lodging the Appeal and its dismissal, a second planning application was made. Again, your Council's corporate view was to object. However, on this occasion and following discussions with the District Council, the Planning Officer's Recommendation is to Approve. I have supported the view of your Council on both occasions, and I am hopeful the second application will come before the Development Control Committee for determination and not left to the Director to be dealt with under the scheme of delegation.

2. Boundary Review : The District council is carrying out an assessment of the roles and responsibilities of its elected Councillors, this with the view to determine the size of the Council to secure an effective and convenient local government in West Dorset : and a submission will shortly be made to the Boundary Commission. The present thinking seems to be that a Council size of 43 Councillors would be sufficient numbers of Members. This would be a reduction of 5(five) Councillors to the present number of forty eight.

115. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR WALDITCH

Mark Roberts - mentioned that consultation of the Local Development Plan will be completed on time.

116. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH

County Council very quiet -

Karl Wallace commented on the recent Swyre meeting on the concerns about the coast road, also the public meeting at West Bay which has suggested a Parish council for the area - and that homeless accommodation is saved at the Foyer, Bridport.

117.* PLANNING AGENDA for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 8 th April 2013

a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC -

0172 - 20 Glebe Close - to Colin ,with authority to consider Corporate View(required by 5/4/13) - Action - recommended Approval sent 4/4/13 -

1/D/13/000203 - Blossoms, Quarry Lane - to Pennie, with authority to consider Corporate View(required by 5/4/13) - Action - recommended Objection sent 4/4/13 -

1/D/13/000326 - 27 Main Street, Bothenhampton - External alterations - to Meeting 8/4/13 - Action - Karl Wallace given authorization by Meeting to present Corporate View -

1/D/13/000259 - 28 Bowhayes - Demolish existing utility area. Build new single storey utility/storage area to east elevation at front. Building to have fibre glassed roof - Action - Colin Sparkes given authorization by Meeting to present Corporate View -

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc

1/D/13/000152 - 5 Marsh Gate - Amended Plans for information -

1/D/13/001728 - 42 Pasture Way - Approval of Planning Permission -

1/D/13/001728 - 42 Pasture Way - Notification of Amended Plan

118.FINANCE AGENDA - B&WPC MEETING - Monday 8 April 2013

Receipts - Nil
v i) Statement of Current Account as at 31 March 2013 - 8089.47
NB - Statement not received 8/4/13 - obtained balance by telephone call to NW

ii) Accounts for Payment

Less outstanding cheques as listed :

Cheque

1281 C T Dobbs, Clerk's March 2013 Salary - 379.08

1282 HMRC - January/February/March 2013 payments - 284.31

1283 C T Dobbs - Office Accommodation - 97.50

1284 BTC - Lengthsman payment - 900.00

1285 David Landscapes - grass cutting - 270.05

1286 CPRE - Annual Subscription - 29.00

Total 1959.94

Balance 6129.53 Proposed for payment by Pennie Jones, seconded by Ed Hanson, and carried by all Parish Councillors present.

119. * PARISH MATTERS - for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 8 April 2013 .

- n.b. All items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

119.1 - Playground Equipment for the John Holt Play Area is in need of review, to include bench facilities - Site meeting arranged for Thursday 25 April at 10.00 - Pennie/Chris to attend - Action needed to arrange Annual Inspection of Play Areas - to carry out Risk Assessment - Action at Meeting - Pennie agreed to carry out Risk Assessment, and Members agreed for Annual Inspection of Play Areas to be carried out by approved contractor -

119.2 - Cedar Tree in Valley View Amenity Area - Clerk was instructed to obtain estimates for felling lower branches of Cedar Tree - it was suggested by members present that the owner of 7 Howard Close should be informed of decision - Action - to consider estimate & discuss matter at Meeting - Action at Meeting - PC requested that Clerk obtains further advice from WDDC Senior Tree Officer Graham Cox -

119.3 - Funding for recreation in Bothenhampton - As there were no Bothenhampton Parish Councillors present, the matter was postponed to the next meeting - Action at Meeting - PC considered that further time was needed to consider projects -

119.4 - Casual Vacancy for Parish Councillor in Bothenhampton - Action -PC were informed of the Casual Vacancy - Action at Meeting - No Action taken -

119.5 - Lengthsman's duties for March 2013 -

Bothenhampton - to include - to remove fallen logs on Muddy Lane bank, and garss cuttings in John Holt Play Area -pot hole in Westown noted -

Walditch - Kevin has agreed to report severe pot hole in Walditch Road to DCC Highways -

119.6 - Annual Audit 2013 - Internal Audit - PC to monitor - Action at Meeting - for a member of the PC to be appointed to scrutinize End of Year procedures with Clerk - Action at Meeting - Clerk advised to request that PC Elizabeth Welch scrutinize End of Year procedures -

119.7 - Proposal from Karl Wallace for B&WPC to consider the resource of Defibrillators being stored in Bothenhampton and Walditch telephone boxes - Action - Elizabeth Welch suggested that emergency services are very close to both Villages - Action at Meeting - no Action at Meeting -

119.8 - Internal Audit 2013/14 - Action - Accounts & Audit Services Ltd to be approved as B&WPC Internal Auditor for 2013/14 - it should be noted that Company Director Henry Lovegrove would be retiring next year - Action at Meeting - PC agreed to appoint Henry to carry out 2013/14 Internal Audit -

119.9 - Erosion of Bank in Hollow Way - Action at Meeting - No Action at Meeting -

119.10 - Grit Bins Bins request - see Democratic half Hour for January 2013 - Action - the PC approved the purchase of two additional Grit Bins - Clerk instructed to contact DCC to obtain their approval for positioning and filling - Action at Meeting - No Action at Meeting as advice has not yet been received from DCC -

119.11 - Poles outside Ab Antiquo, Main Street, Bothenhampton - No comments received at March Meeting - Action at Meeting - See notes in Democratic Half Hour -

119.12 - Training Course request from Clerk - HMRC Update inc. Real Time Information - Wednesday 17 April - cost 30 - Action at Meeting - PC approved Clerk to attend Course -

119.13 - Contract for Grass Cutting 2013 - Action at Meeting - PC approved David Landscapes continuing with contract as there are no increase in prices for 2013 -

Proposals for the Parish Matters Agenda of the May 2013 Meeting

There were no proposals for the May Meeting -

120. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.

120.1 - BLAP Newsletter - noted by PC -

120.2 - CPRE Countryside Voice - to Pennie -

120.3 - Example of Neighbourhood Development Plan - copy to Elizabeth - + date of Meeting for Bridport and District Development Plan - No Action

120.4 - West Dorset Spring Clean - No Action

120.5 - Royal Mail letter - No Action -

120.6 - CAB thank you letter - noted by PC -

120.7 - Western Power Stakeholder Workshop - No Action -

120.8 - Community Link - No Action -

120.9 - Gypsy & Traveller Needs Assessment 2013 - No Action -

The Annual Parish Meeting will be held at BOTHENHAMPTON VILLAGE HALL, on MONDAY 13 May 2013, commencing at 6.30 pm & followed by the May Meeting of B&WPC.

There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 8.35 p.m.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

Monday 8 April 2013 -

Roger Ffooks made 2 points :-

1. To thank PC for providing expertise of Lengthsman, Kevin Eden, to clear drainage problem in Long lane -

2. Made formal objection to poles placed outside Ab Antiquo - Action -the complaint was further outlined in a letter sent to the Clerk by a local resident - Action - PC pointed out that DCC Highways had positioned the poles in response to the owners concerns about damage to his property. The poles were suggested by DCC Highways as a solution to the concerns, and had been outlined to the representatives of the PC and WDDC Conservation Officer prior to installation. There was a suggestion from the floor that if Planning Permission was sought by the owner to remove the porch, then there would not the need for poles. The Chair suggested that the owner of Ab Antiquo be informed of the concerns, and be made aware of the suggested Planning Application