Bothenhampton Village





MINUTES OF BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL WALDITCH, ON MONDAY 10 September 2018.

Present: Bob Dennis(Chair), Colin Sparkes(Vice Chair), Ian Bark, Geoff Matthews & Elizabeth Welch.

In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

34.DECLARATION OF INTEREST.

34.1 - To remind Parish Councillors that if a matter arises at a Meeting which relates to an interest in Appendix A of the Code of Conduct adopted by resolution of B&WPC on Monday 9th July 2012, then the member shall not participate in a discussion or vote on the matter. Where a matter arises at the meeting which relates to Appendix B of the Code of Conduct, then the member shall withdraw from the Meeting. Where a matter arises at a meeting which relates to a financial interest of friend, relative or close associate, the member concerned shall disclose the nature of the interest and withdraw from the meeting.

35. APOLOGIES.

35.1- There were apologies from - Frances McKenzie -

36. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meetings of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 9 July 2018, were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.

37. MATTERS ARISING.

37.1- May 2018 - 1 to 11, June - 12 to 22, July - 23 to 33, August - no Meeting, September - 34 to 44, October - 45 to 55, November - 56 to 66, December - no Meeting, January 2019 - 67 to 77, February 2019 -78 to 88, March 2019 - 89 to 99, & April 2019 - 100 to 110. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year. 37.2 - Offers of Co-option to PC for Max Watters, Ann Langrish, & Jim Basker.

38.DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.05 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.15 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's Agenda, there being no further matters raised. n.b. - There were 3 members of the public present at the Meeting.

39. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLORS FOR BRIDPORT SOUTH.

Dave Rickard - Described the new trial no 7 Around Bridport Community Bus, which runs on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Robin Stapleton expressed concern that the route did not include Walditch Village, & Dave Rickard said that he would look into the matter. Discussed the Boundary Commission's initial decision to include Walditch in Bride Valley. Letters of appeal have been sent from BTC, & B&WPC

40. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR

DCC Councillor - there were no County Councillors present.

41.* PLANNING AGENDA for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 10 September 2018.

a) Applications received from WDDC/DCC

WD/D/18/001664 -= 24 Valley Road - Alterations to driveway - to PC 20/8/18 - The Corporate View of the Parish Council is to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.

WD/D/18/001321 - 112 Crock Lane - Alterations as listed - The Corporate View of the Parish Council is to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

42. FINANCE AGENDA - B&WPC MEETING - Monday 10 September 2018.

Receipts - Nil -

i) Current Account as at 31 July 2018 -21,918.03

ii) Accounts for Payment

Less outstanding cheques as listed :-

Cheques

1634 - Clerk's July & August 2018 Salary - 977.40

1635 - Clerk's Salary Back Pay - 144.12

1636 - Back Tax for HMRC - 43.11

1637 - Derek Ridge - Repair to John Holt Play Area Boundary Wall - 180.00

1638 - PKF Littlejohn LLP - External Auditor - 240.00

1639 - Open Spaces Society - Subscription - 45.00

1640 - BTC - Lengthsman - April to Sept. - 1200.00

1641 - David Landscapes - Grass cutting - 567.20

Total - 3396.83

Balance - 18,521.20

Invoices Initialled,& Cheques as listed were proposed for payment by Elizabeth Welch, seconded by Bob Dennis, and carried by all Parish Councillors present.

43. * PARISH MATTERS - for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 10 September 2018.

- n.b. ll items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

43.1 - BLAP Parish Liaison -

Action at May Meeting - While attending meetings, Colin expressed concern that too many were taking place. Elections for new Unitary Authority are planned for May 2019.

Action at July 2018 Meeting - Ward Parish Boundaries were discussed -

Action at September Meeting - Colin mentioned the Budget problems of Bridport Arts Centre, and planned new funding requests to Parish Councils.

43.2 - Lengthsman's duties, Guidelines for September 2018 - see Notes in Book -

Bothenhampton -

* Construct steps to provide easier access from Footpath 5/14 to Bowhayes -
Nb -contacted DCC, Bowhayes is private road - requested DCC does estimate of cost - nb - not received to date -

Monthly Inspection of John Holt Play Area -

- Damage to dry stone wall -
- Including Picnic Tables, gate mechanism, & Safety Surfaces -
- Ivy cleared from wall - safety surface to be cleaned -


Hollow Way - Lower bank to be strimmed -
Tony's Track, leading into Westown to be strimmed -

Walditch - Spinners Lane - Chimney Report - WDDC Building Control to be contacted re site clearing - NB - possibly to be completed by Lengthsman -

Gully near Hyde Farmhouse to be cleared, + brambles around Salt Box -

Walditch Road drain needs clearing - soil to be dumped on other side of road -

Village Green needs repairs - Site Meeting - 08.15 -10-/7/18

Site inspection of John Gundry Play Area, & bin emptying if necessary -
Strimming of various sites as listed in Work Record.

43.3 - Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan -

Action at July 2018 - Reports published -

Action at September Meeting - Ian commented on good public response to Report. Comments should reach each Parish in December.

43.4 - Review of cover arrangements for Clerk -

Action at July 2018 Meeting - next meeting to be arranged fop Wednesday 5 September 2018 at 09.00 -

Action at September 2018 Meeting - Next meeting - Wednesday 3 October 2018 -

43.5 - Clerk's Salary Review - see Confidential Memo dated 9 July 2018 -

Action at July 2018 Meeting - PC Approval of Clerk's Monthly Salary at SCP 27 - NALC April 2018 - Salary to commence from July 2018, & to include back payments as listed in Confidential Memo -

Action at September Meeting - Clerk reported that all new Salary details were in place.

43.6 - Play Areas Inspection Reports 2018 -

Action at July 2018 Meeting - Review of Reports - to Ian & Ed -

Action at September Meeting - Reports returned, & to be considered at next Meeting -

43.7 - S106 Funding re Walditch Open Spaces -

Action at July 2018 Meeting - Need to review at September Meeting -

Action at September Meeting - Ian requested name of Trust for October Meeting -

43.8 - Speed limit signs in Walditch -

B&WPC has requested that speed limit signs are placed throughout the village of Walditch, especially as A35 traffic often diverts through as an alternative route. This happens frequently as the A35 is often congested.

Action at September Meeting -to send invitation to Blair Turner inviting him to March 2019 Meeting -

43.9 - Community Defibrillator -

Action at June 2018 Meeting - Clerk requested to check on installation costs -

Action at July Meeting - Ongoing Review to September Meeting -

Action at September 2018 Meeting - Clerk instructed to arrange purchase of 2x Defibrillators -

43.10 - Proposed Unitary Boundary Changes - ref - e mail sent to PC - 7 June 2018 -

Action at September Meeting - Ian described the B&WPC letter of Appeal re Walditch -

43.11 - Review of Financial Regulations & Standing Orders -

Action at July 2018 Meeting - to be review by Ian & Colin

Action at September Meeting - Both Financial Regulations & Standing Orders were approved for 2018/19 Approved by Bob Dennis, seconded by Jim Basker, & carried by PC members present.

43.12 - Cedar Tree on Valley View Site -

Action at July 2018 Meeting - Ongoing Review being considered -

Action at September Meeting -Planning Permision to fell has be turned down, & I understand that an Appeal is to be made -

43.13 - Round Bridport Bus -

Action at September 2018 Meeting - Community Bus has been described by Dave Rickard. PC encouraged to give publicity, & Clerk to place timetables on Parish Noticeboards

43.14 - Completion of the External Audit for the year ended 31 March 2018 -

Action at September 2018 Meeting - Clerk reported successful conclusion of External Audit - Notices to be displayed on Bothenhampton website. Clerk also suggested that B&WPC consider their own website for future us

Proposals for Parish Matters Agenda -October Meeting 2018 Meeting -

Parish Precept Request 2019/20 -

44. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.
44.1 - Hedge in Lower Walditch Lane - The Clerk described that while the matter was being considered, the aspect of funding remained uncertain.
44.2 - Request for Grit Bin in Valley Road - Quote from Glasdon 179.61 -
Action at April 2018 Meeting - to be ordered during 2018/2019 -
44.3 - Community Defibrillator - Chair to investigate sites, Planning, & on costs, for Parish
Matters at next Meeting - Both VH Committees have agreed siting -
44.7 - Letter from Angela Addis re speed limits -
44.8 - Letter re Crock Lane - Clerk to contact Highways -
44.9 - Letter from Daryl Chambers re Play Area -

The next Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at BOTHENHAMPTON VILLAGE HALL on MONDAY 8 October 2018, commencing at 7 pm.

There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 9 pm.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR

Monday 10 September 2018 -

It was suggested from the floor that Blair Turner, Community Highways Officer, is invited to the 11th March 2019 Meeting of B&WPC, to describe progress of speed limit legislation for Walditch. Clerk to send e mail invitation.