MINUTES OF THE BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL, BOTHENHAMPTON ON MONDAY 9 OCTOBER 2006 AT 7 PM.
Present: Geoff Matthews (Vice Chairman), Mrs Dorothy England, David Stubbs,
In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).
Apologies were received from Alan Stenning, Karl Wallace and Bob Dennis.
2. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.
The Minutes of the previous Meeting of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 11th September were accepted as a true record of the Meeting and duly signed by Vice Chairman.
3. MATTERS ARISING.
Comment from Peggy England. Appreciation for work done by PC expressed by Dave Bolton re Application 1/W/06/00142 (see 9.10.06 Minutes page 645).
4. DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.
At 7.04 pm, the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their views on matters of local interest. At 7.10 pm the meeting re-convened to complete the Council's agenda there being no further matters raised.
5. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR BOTHENHAMPTON,
Councillor David Tett reported that the Environment Overview and Scrutiny Committee was now looking at Land Charges (made on the occasion of a purchase of a property), and the fees incurred for the service.
6. REPORT BY WDCC COUNCILLOR FOR WALDITCH
Mark Roberts commented that Harbour Policy was now finalised, but a much larger area to be considered - possibly involving National Trust, RNLI.
Mark will check Planning Enforcement for Footpath 5/8 at Walditch.
7. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH
Ron Coatsworth commented
(1) on lack of consultation re resurfacing work on B3157 causing temporary road closure. Worried that further major maintenance is likely to continue for up to 5 years. Public Meeting re B3157 to take place in January at Burton Bradstock.
(2) Forthcoming Public Meeting on Wednesday 11 October at Community Hospital re Local Commissioning of Health Services. Question asked by Peggy England about Mountjoy School - Outline Planning to be sought in March 2007.
a) Applications received from WDDC/DCC.
1/W/06/001657 21 Elwell - additional plans.
TP/06/00253 8 Howard Close - reduce tree height
CA/06/00265 Broadstone Barn, Lower Walditch Lane - fell trees
1/W/05/002236 Hyde Barn Cottage - Appeal. Support from PC.
b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.
1/W/06/001547 Applewood Cottage, Walditch. Approval..
1/W/06/001411 2 Bowhayes Approval
1/W/06/001412 Development of Land Mountjoy REFUSAL
Hyde Farmhouse Breach of planning control - further investigations being made.
1/W/06/001586 Vodaphone Mast Approval
A] Finance Statement of Account as at 30 September 2006 - £17,146.17.
NB including 000825 paid to David Landscapes 12.9.06
B] Accounts for Payment.
000826 David Landscapes £310.49
000827 St Mary's Walditch £750.00
000828 Creeds the Printers £40.00
000829 Clerk's Salary £314.21
000830 ¼ tly Payment Office Accommodation £97.50
10. PARISH MATTERS.
A35 Initiative Meeting. 2 November 2006 at Mountfield (6.30 p.m.)
To consider 'Distribution Hub' at Clyst Honiton. Need a Representative from Parish Council.
Standing Orders. David Stubbs has carried out a comprehensive review of Bothenhampton & Walditch's present Standing Orders, alongside NALC Model Standing Orders. Draft copies are to be distributed with minutes with a view to work towards adoption at November Meeting.
Draft copies of Standing Orders for the Clerk and Chairman's specific usage were also presented to the Meeting. The Clerk has been requested to present fair copies for Council approval.
Walditch Village Green. Advice to be sought from David Tett with regard to completing a Statutory Declaration as the original conveyance cannot be located.
Joan Regan has a lot of Parish property including frog signs, which will need new storage in near future.
Working Party required for John Holt Play Area - Alan Staerk has volunteered.
1. Letter from Mrs Maynard of 106 Crock Lane. Has concerns regarding parking outside her home. Clerk requested to arrange site meeting with DCC Traffic management.
2. West Dorset District Local Plan - contribution of any Parish Council Plans by 4 November 2006.
3. Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance regarding Grant support - to be considered at next Meeting.
4. Allotments - Bridport Town Council have 40 on waiting list and will give priority to Town residents.
5. New Powers for Controlling Dogs. Legislation details passed to Geoff.
6. Parish Rights of Way Liaison Officer Training Day.
7. DAPTC - AGM Saturday 4th November. Peggy England may attend.
8. DAPTC - Training for Councillors.
9. Conservation Area Appraisals. Clerk required to find out more about appraisal dates etc.
10. Christmas Refuse Collections. To be placed on Notice Board.
11. New Clerks Course + DAPTC Newsletter. Councillors approval Clerk attending and for Parish Council to pay costs (£20 + Travelling). Course Friday 24 November at County Hall
12. Notification of Road Closures on B3157.
The next Meeting will be held in Bothenhampton Village Hall on Monday 8 January 2007, commencing at 7.00 p.m.
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 8.30 pm.
MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.
Roger Ffookes - delighted that Hollow Way Bank has been cut. Next year full height to be cut.
Kerbstone by Lychgate is loose - Action Clerk.
Concern expressed to Residents Association that cyclists delivering newspapers on High Pavement were causing risk to residents.