MINUTES OF THE BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL, BOTHENHAMPTON ON MONDAY 13 NOVEMBER 2006 AT 7 PM.

Present: Alan Stenning (Chair), Geoff Matthews (Vice Chairman), David Stubbs, Karl Wallace, Bob Dennis. In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

Statement by Alan Stenning re absence in past Meetings. - Has experienced a difficult boundary dispute with neighbour and did not want to prejudice Parish Council. Alan intends to attend regularly in the New Year.

1. APOLOGIES.

Apologies were received from David Tett, and Peggy England.

2. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meeting of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 9th October 2006 were accepted as a true record of the Meeting and duly signed by the Chairman.

3. MATTERS ARISING.

Joan Regan - David Stubbs has offered to store Parish Council equipment when necessary.

4. DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.04 pm, the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their views on matters of local interest. At 7.07 pm the meeting re-convened to complete the Council's agenda there being no further matters raised.

5. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR BOTHENHAMPTON, DAVID TETT.

Landscape details for the roundabout - have been approved in principle by the Highways and Transportation Sub Committee of the Town Council. However, they have yet to be approved by both the Highways Agency and Connect; moreover, the Scheme would then have to be costed.

We shall, therefore, now be looking to the Spring of next year at the earliest before a start can be made on the refurbishment of the Roundabouts.

6. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR WALDITCH

Mark Roberts informed Meeting that District aiming to set Council Tax increase to no more that 2 %.

7. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH

Ron Coatsworth outlined some aspects of the recent Government White Paper on proposed Local Government developments. There seems to be no pressure to go into a 1 tier system, but pressure for Parish District and County Councils to work together. Standards Board is proposed to be re-organised so that Councillors can represent residents at Planning Meetings. Emphasis on Councils working together on Waste Control. Changes in election and tenure of Council Leaders and Mayors.

8. PLANNING.

Presentation of the new planning system and consultation workshop Monday 4 December at 7.00 p.m. Geoff to attend.

a) Applications received from WDDC/DCC.

1/W/06/001657 Application 21 Elwell - Although Parish Council had opposed Planning Approval on the grounds of over development of site, this point was apparently not supported by the Planning Officers. The outline planning permission for 2 dwellings was apparently approved at the committee stage.
1/W/06/001888 Application 32 Pasture Way. View to recommend approval.
1/W/06/001858 Application 11 Bowhayes. View to recommend approval.
CA/06/00278 Fell Copper Beach.
TP/06/00294 Coppice Hazel.
CA/06/00296 Fell Mountain Ash.

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

1/W/06/001659 Silver Mead - construct wildlife pond - Approval.
TP/06/00253 Reduce height of Macrocarpa - consent is granted.
CA/06/00265 Fell 1 Silver Birch and 1 Cherry - authorisation to carry out work.
1/W/06/002236 APP/F1230/A/06/2021121/NWF Appeal - Hyde Barn Cottage.
Hyde Farmhouse - breach of planning enquiry.
Sycamore Avenue in the Walditch Conservation Area - letter dated 12 Oct 2006 to Mr J Norman from Graham Cox Senior Tree Officer.

9. FINANCE

A] Finance Statement of Account as at 31 October 2006 - 16,516.00.

B] Accounts for Payment.

831 Open Spaces Society 30.00
832 David Landscapes 310.49
833 CT Dobbs Oct Salary 314.21
834 Inland Revenue (3 months) 265.86
835 DC Training Partnership 20.00
836 Holy Trinity Bothenhampton 900.00
837 CT Dobbs (Land Registry Fee) 30.00
838 CT Dobbs (expenses) 43.30

10. PARISH MATTERS.

10.1 Parish Precept for 2007/08. 15,060.00 Proposed by Geoff Matthews, seconded by Bob Dennis.

10.2. Conservation Area Appraisals to be on 21 Feb 07. PC to be notified.

10.3. Standing Orders - Action - Clerk to meet with David Stubbs 27 Nov 06.

10.4. Dates for 2007 Meetings. April 2007 date to be further considered at January 2007 Meeting.

10.5. Audit - reported no return to PC.

10.6. Fidelity Guarantee Proposal. - Action - to be forwarded to Insurers.

10.7. Land Registry - Walditch Village Green. All land has been registered.
Action - Clerk to investigate archiving of documents.

Additional Matters brought up by Parish Councillors at the Meeting.

10.8 Poor Lighting in the vicinity of 90 Crock Lane. Action - Clerk.

10.9. Geoff Matthews - Countryside Rangers - DEFRA Funding withdrawn - noted by Councillors.

10.10. Karl Wallace - resident in Quarry Lane concerned about road safety and has requested speed limit. Action - Clerk to establish ownership of Quarry Lane.

11.CORRESPONDENCE

1. Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance. 250 Grant in 2005. Bob proposed 300. Geoff and Alan supported the proposal. Karl opposed - Grant proposal of 300 carried.

2. Parish Rights of Way Liaison. Officers Training Day Thursday 1 Feb 07. Action for next Meeting..

3. Jurassic Coast Seminar. Friday 15 Dec 06. Action - Clerk agreed to attend..

4. Parish Plan - showing how communities want their parish or village to be in the future. Action - No Action - booklets on Bothenhampton & Walditch distributed to residents in 2004.

5. Consultation - Community Involvement - No Action. - Needs further consideration at January 07 Meeting.

6. POPP Project - No Action. - Needs further consideration at January 07 Meeting.

7. Mrs Maynard, 106 Crock Lane - new boundary markings to be completed by DCC.

8. Review of the Dorset Public Library Service - Action - to note future developments.

9. Open Spaces Society - Paid subscription for 2006/07.

10. Walditch Homewatch. - Action to investigate appointment of Bothenhampton Homewatch Co-ordinator at December Residents Association AGM.

The next Meeting will be held in Bothenhampton Village Hall on Monday 8 January 2007, commencing at 7.00 p.m.

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 8.40 pm.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

Roger Ffookes 1. Had questions regarding the damage to Homewatch notice in Bothenhampton. Was made aware that Parish Council has no Homewatch Co-ordinator. Roger is going to try and recruit at Residents Association AGM on Wednesday 6 December.

2. Need to check that full height of bank is cut in Hollow Way during 2007.

Geoff reported that complaint about newspaper delivery boy cycling on the High Pavement had been followed up.