MINUTES OF BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCI.MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL,BOTHENHAMPTON,ON MONDAY 12 MAY 2014.
Present: Alan Stenning(Vice Chair & Chair for this Meeting), Ian Bark, Ed Hanson, Pennie Jones, & Elizabeth Welch.
In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).
1. DECLARATION OF INTEREST.
1.1 - To remind Parish Councillors that if a matter arises at a Meeting which relates to an interest in Appendix A of the Code of Conduct adopted by resolution of B&WPC on Monday 9th July 2012, then the member shall not participate in a discussion or vote on the matter. Where a matter arises at the meeting which relates to Appendix B of the Code of Conduct, then the member shall withdraw from the Meeting. Where a matter arises at a meeting which relates to a financial interest of friend, relative or close associate, the member concerned shall disclose the nature of the interest and withdraw from the meeting.
3. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.
The Minutes of the previous Meeting of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday14 April 2014, were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.
4. MATTERS ARISING.
4.1- May 2014 - 1 to 12, June - 13 to 24, July - 25 to 36, August - no Meeting, September - 37 to 48, October - 49 to 60, November - 61 to 72, December - no Meeting, January 2015 - 73 to 84, February 2015 -85 to 96, March 2015 - 97 to 108, & April 2015 - 109 to 120. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.
4.2 - Ed Hanson reminded Meeting that 1. -Notice Boards were still unsatisfactory, & and suggested rubber compound as being a suitable surface. Action - Clerk to discuss the matter with contractor, Dave Dear, & arrange for re-siting of Walditch Road NB to the entrance of Jellyfieds LNR.
4.3 - 2.- Collapsed tree in Walditch Road has caused damage to the road surface. Action -Clerk to contact DCC Highways.
4.4 - 3. - Shipton Gorge fingerpost sign is still leaning against property with leaning chimney, & protective fencing surrounds the site. Action - Clerk to consult with Lengthsman & DCC Footpaths Officer re maintenance of sign & possible removal of fencing.
4.5 - Pennie Jones was concerned that 2 seat backs on one of the new picnic tables were defective. Action - Clerk to contact supplier, John Bright, to request replacements.
5. DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.
At 8.05 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 8.06 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's agenda, there being no further matters raised.
n.b. - There were 2 members of the public present at the Meeting -
6. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR BOTHENHAMPTON.
David Tett - Annual Report presented by David to previously held APM -
7. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR WALDITCH
Mark Roberts - Outlined Report to APM -
8. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH.
Ron gave review of DCC Year to APM -
9.* PLANNING AGENDA for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 12 May 2014 .
a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC -
WD/D/14/000581 - 25 South Lawns - Single storey extension - Corporate View of Parish Council was to recommend Approval of Planning Consent.
b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc
WD/D/14/000686 - 9 Marsh Gate - Withdrawn -
10. FINANCE AGENDA - B&WPC MEETING - Monday 12 May 2014.
Receipts - Precept £11,330.00 (Statement 249)
Interest - Business Reserve Account 0.60p ( Statement 86)
i) Statement of Current Account as at 30 April 2014 - £20,216.00
ii) Accounts for Payment
Less outstanding cheques as listed :-
1354 Bothenhampton Village Hall 24.00
1355 Annual Insurance - AON UK Limited 851.95
1356 Clerk's Monthly Salary - April 2014 - C T Dobbs 404.33
1357 Clerk's Expenses - April 2014 - C T Dobbs 33.83
Cheques as listed proposed for payment by Elizabeth Welch, seconded by Pennie Jones, and carried by all Parish Councillors present.
11. * PARISH MATTERS - for B&WPC Meeting - Monday 12 May 2014.
- n.b. All items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -
11.1 - Annual Return 2014 - The Annual Return and Audit for the year ended 31 March 2014 -
Action at May Meeting - The Annual Return and Audit was fully approved, subject to scrutiny by Parish Councillor Elizabeth Welch.
11.2 - Ab Antiquo - to consider solutions to problem of Ab Antiquo porch being hit
Action at May Meeting - Following the considerable input from 35 members of the public at the earlier held Open Forum(see notes in APM minutes), the Parish Councillors present considered and approved the following points of action :-
1. To support the possible plan of DCC Highways installing bollards along the front of the property and on Ab Antiquo land. Approved the plan that the reinstated thatched Porch should have a discreet steel band around the lower rim.
2. For present protection poles to be removed when bollard work is completed.
3. That the Parish Council support the view of the Open Forum, i.e. That local residents attending the meeting do not support Traffic/Highway restrictions on any part of Main Street, Bothenhampton.
4. For the Clerk to write to David Capewell and Highways, outlining the views of the Parish Council( attached to present Minutes).
13 May 2014 - to David Capewell, Richard Stubbs,DCC Highways, and all Prish Councillors present at the May Meeting -
- The Parish Council have listened carefully to your comments regarding the damage to Ab Antiquo Porch, and also the concerns of the 35 residents who attended the Open Forum yesterday evening.
- Following a debate during Parish Matters of the B&WPC May Meeting, the Parish Councillors present agreed to support your plan to reinstate the Porch thatch with a discreet steel band positioned around the lower rim. The Parish Council understand that DCC Highways have agreed to fit steel bollards, being your own property, along an agreed line on your land in front of Ab Antiquo and leading from the corner stone to the bread oven. Such a plan is fully supported by the Parish Council, who would request that the present protectingpoles on either side of the porch are taken down on completion of the DCC work.
- As this e mail will form the main minute of the Meeting(11.2, dated 12/5/14), I have added the considered majority view of the Open Forum which is also supported by the Parish Council - i.e. That local residents attending the meeting do not support Traffic/Highway restrictions on any part of Main Street, Bothenhampton.
11.3 - Painting of Play Equipment in John Holt Play Area - possible dates 16/6, 17/6, & 18/6 -
Action at May Meeting - PC approved the planned painting of John Holt Play Area equipment on the dates of 16/6, 17/6 & 18/6, by Clive Green who carried out the work in 2011.
11.4 - Lengthsman's duties for May 2014 -
Bothenhampton - Tidy up Muddy lane -(not completed in April 2014)
Overhang in Old Church Road/ Long Lane junction -
To clear Tony's Path, leading into Westown -
Walditch - Clear edge of Cemetery Play Area Boundary - ( need to check) -
Secure broken Finger Post in Walditch footpath leading to Shipton Gorge, & clear path entrance. Request signs from Dog Warden for triangular path leading from Walditch Road to Crock Lane.
Proposals for the Parish Matters Agenda of the June 2014 Meeting.
Finger Post in Walditch, and Notices from Dog Warden - see Lengthsman's duties for May Meeting -
12. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.
N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.
12.1 - CPRE Journal - To Elizabeth -
12.2 - Open Spaces Society letter - with Clerk -
The next Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at WALDITCH VILLAGE HALL, on MONDAY 9 June 2014, commencing at 7 pm.
There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 8.40 p.m.
MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.
Monday 12 May 2014 - see previous Open Forum Minutes for APM 2014 -