MINUTES OF THE BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL. MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL, BOTHENHAMPTON, ON MONDAY 9 May 2011.

Present: Bob Dennis(Chair), Alan Stenning, Karl Wallace, Pennie Jones, & Colin Sparkes.
- 5 Parish Councillors were present.
In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

1. DECLARATION OF INTEREST.

1.1 - To remind Parish Councillors of the need to make a Declaration of Interest on any Agenda items where personal or prejudicial interest may arise. E.g. A Grant request for a Village Hall Project, or a Planning Application adjacent to a Parish Councillor's home.

2. APOLOGIES.

2.1 There were apologies from - Karl Wallace who needed to leave after the Annual Parish Meeting of the Parish Council -

3. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meeting of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 11 April 2011,were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.

4. MATTERS ARISING.

4.1 Debbie Jack, Sarah Butcher, & Elizabeth Welch, all expressed interest in being co-opted to the Parish Council, and were invited to attend the next Meeting on Monday 13 June 2011 when Co-option to the Parish Council could take place.

4.2 Numbering of Minutes from May 2011. Minutes to be numbered sequentially i.e. May - 1 to 12, June - 13 to 24, July - 25 to 36, August - no Meeting, September - 37 to 48, October - 49 to 60 , November - 61 to 72 , December - no Meeting, January 2011 - 73 to 84, February 2011 - 85 to 96, March 2011 - no Meeting, & April 2011 - 97 to 108. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.

5. DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.45 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.55 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's agenda, there being no further matters raised.
n.b. - There was 8 members of the public present at the Meeting -

6. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR BOTHENHAMPTON.

David Tett - had submitted a Report to the Annual Parish Meeting, and had nothing further to add to this Meeting.

7. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR WALDITCH

Mark Roberts - As Mark had made a verbal report to the Annual Parish Meeting, he had nothing further to add -

8. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH

Ron Coatsworth - had given his apologies to this Meeting -

9.* PLANNING AGENDA.

a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC :-

1/D/11/000606 - 9 Pasture Way - Replacement Porch - Action - PC to recommend Approval -

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

1/D/11/000212 - Orchard Cottage, Walditch - Approval -

1/D/11/000178 - Hyde Barn Cottage, Walditch - Amended Plans -

1/D/11/000178 - Hyde Barn Cottage, Walditch - Approval -

1/D/11/000206 - 18 Valley Road - Approval -

1/D/11/000483 - 4 South Lawns - Cert. of Lawfulness -

1/D/11/ 000282 - Barnfield, Walditch - Amended Plans -

76 Crock Lane - Appeal Decision - I dismiss the Appeal -

1/D/11/000432 - Riddon Green, Westown - Approval -

1/D/11/000257 - land to rear of 108 to 114 West Bay Road - Amended Plans -

10. FINANCE.

Receipts - April Precept - 12382.50

Business Reserve A/C - Interest - 60p

i) Statement of Current Account as at 30 April 2011 - 17,753.23
ii) Accounts for Payment

Less outstanding cheques as listed :

1152 - DAPTC - Training - 20.00

1153 - David Landscapes - Grass/ Play Area 962.55

1154 - David Landscapes - Grass 306.05

1155 - C T Dobbs - Salary - 379.08

1156 - Aon Ltd - Annual Ins Premium 853.30

Total 2520.98

Balance 15232.25

Proposed for payment by Pennie Jones, seconded by Colin Sparkes, and carried by all Parish Councillors present.

11. * PARISH MATTERS .

- n.b. All items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

11.1 - Concern about Cherry Tree in Cemetery Field Play Area - Action - PC agreed that tree should be coppiced to fence height as per estimate by Forest & Tree Care of 80 -

11.2 - Karl Wallace & Geoff Matthews to outline progress at APM on Monday 9th May 2011 - Action - to be considered at next Meeting on Monday 13 June 2011 -

11.3 - Requests for additional Grit Bins - update from Clerk - Action - no contact from DCC - suggest BWPC to action at June Meeting - Action - Parish Councillors to decide on purchase proposals following advice from DCC -

11.4 - Walditch Village Hall - Grant to repair Flat Roof - update from Clerk - Action - PC agreed to provide a Grant for Walditch Village Hall Committee of 500 towards roof repairs needed-

11.5 - Lengthman's duties for 10/5/11 - Action - Bothenhampton - to clear drain covers in Hollow Way and cut down nettles/vegetation on footpath - Walditch - Check John Gundry Play Area for rubbish etc.

11.6 - Walditch Sycamore Avenue - Action - For Clerk to write to Graham Cox, Senior Tree Officer WDDC re continuing concerns -

11.7 - Parish/Town Development Survey - Action - to hold over Survey for attention of Debbie Jack - Completed Survey to WDDC by Ist July 2011.

11.8 - Progress of High pavement - Action - Clerk to contact DCC Engineer for update -

11.9 - Footpath from Mountjoy/Wych Hill to reserviour W5/15 - Report from Colin - Action - Clerk requested to contact DCC Footpaths Officer -

11.10 - Pennie Jones, as a member of Bothenhampton Village Hall Committee, asked permission to use John Holt Play Area for Barn Dance on Saturday 10 June 2011. Clerk to request that grass in Play Area is cut on Friday 9 June in the morning. Action - Permission agreed as requested -

Proposals for the Parish Matters Agenda of the June 2011 Meeting : -

Grant request for Bothenhampton Hall Committee - Pennie Jones -

Review of de restricted 30 m.p.h. limit through Walditch Village - Alan Stenning -

BLAP/Colin Sparkes concern re vehicles using Satnav to navigate through villages -

12. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.

12.1 - BLAP - Documents to Meeting - Colin Sparkes as PLAB Member acknowledged details -

12.2 - Western Power - invitation to Stakeholder Workshop - No Action -

12.3 - CPRE Fieldwork Journal - Action - Journal to remain with Clerk until next Meeting -

The next Meeting will be held in Walditch Village Hall on Monday 13 June 2011, commencing at 7 pm.

There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 8.25 p.m.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

Monday 9 May 2011 :-

Robin Stapleton queried the location of Walditch Village Green deeds - Action - Clerk to describe Archiving arrangements at the June 2011 Meeting -

Walditch resident enquired about the increasing hedgerow overhang on the junction of Lower Walditch Road and A35 - Action - Clerk to request that Highways Agency Contractor carries out a significant cut back to facilitate clearer vision for motorists.

An enquiry was made regarding the temporary toilets at the Kingston Maurward layby - Action - Mark Roberts to investigate with DCC & report to next Meeting -