Minutes of the Bothenhampton & Walditch Parish Council meeting held in the Village Hall Walditch on Monday 11th March 2002.
Present:- Mr Matthews(Chairman), Professor Eastham (Vice Chairman),Mrs Regan, Mr Yates, Mrs Clements, Mr Harrison, Mrs England. In attendance M.C.Farnham(Clerk) and Rear Admiral Pritchard
An open meeting was held before the start of the Parish Council meeting so that, a presentation on Vital Villages could be made by Simon Thompson from Dorset Community Action.
1. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
The minutes of the previous meeting held on 11 February 2002 having been circulated to all members, were accepted as a true record of the meeting and duly signed.
3. MATTERS ARISING
At the last meeting the provision of a Parish office was discussed and it was agreed to investigate the possible use of the old post office, part of the Gentlemens Club in Bothenhampton and part of the Church Hall Bothenhampton. It was reported that all three were either not available or suitable for the Parish Council needs.
4. REPORT BY DISTRICT COUNCILLOR REAR ADMIRAL PRITCHARD
Rear Admiral Pritchard confirmed that he had asked West Dorset District Council engineers for an up date on the situation in relation to the surface water problem. This could be overcome by the provision of a large soak away and additional drainage, which would discharge into the highway surface water system. As regard to the general surface of the open space, this needs to be resolved..
5. REPORT BY COUNTY COUNCILLOR Mr COATSWORTH
As Mr Coatsworth did not attend the meeting no report was given
6. DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR
At this point the meeting adjourned to enable members of the public to air their views on matters of local interest. The meeting then re-convened to complete the Council's agenda.
7. CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PARISH COUNCILLORS
The Clerk referred to the letter dated 7 March 2002 from the Standards Board for England, a copy of which had been sent out with the agenda and these comments were noted. He also referred to the letter dated 4 March 2002 from WDDC concerning proposed training session on the code of conduct. It was agreed that the Clerk should reply to WDDC confirming that someone from the Parish Council would attend the training session in April/May 2002 and to ask for confirmation on who would have access to the "Declaration of Interest" forms.
8. PROPOSED EXTINGUISHMENT OF FOOTPATH 20 BRIDPORT
The Clerk referred to the copy letter dated 20 February 2002 received from Dorset County Council, copy of which had been sent out with the agenda and following a short discussion on this matter it was agreed that the Parish Council had no comments on this proposal. The Clerk would reply accordingly to DDC.
9. MUNICIPAL WASTE MANAGEMENT STRATEGY FOR DORSET
The Clerk referred to the letter dated February 2002 received from DCC, copy of which had been sent out with agenda. Mr Matthews, confirmed that the document would be circulated to all Councillors.
10. MEMBERSHIP OF CPRE
The Clerk referred to the letter dated 11 February 2002 received from Council for the Protection of Rural England (CPRE), a copy of which had been sent out with the agenda. Following a discussion of the need to be members of the CPRE, it was proposed by Mrs England and seconded by Mr Yates that the Parish Council should become members at a cost of £25.00 per year and was agreed by all the other Councillors.
11. REQUEST TO USE WALDITCH VILLAGE GREEN BY WALDITCH VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE
The Clerk referred to the letter dated 20 February 2002 from the Secretary of the Walditch Village Hall Committee, requesting permission to use the village green in Walditch on Monday 3 June 2002 for a children's jubilee party and could we arrange for the grass to be cut the week before this date and also prior to the 23 June when they will be holding an Open Gardens Day. Mrs Regan proposed that permission should be given, this was seconded by Mrs England and agreed by all the other Councillors.
(a) Applications received from WDDC; Application 1/W/2002/0197, 12 Elwell, Bothenhampton, erect extensions. Returned, The Parish Council considers this to be a very poorly designed conversion of a 2-bedroom bungalow to a 2-storey 3-bedroom dwelling. The use of non-matching and unsuitable materials is considered to be detrimental to the adjacent dwellings. The proposed second bedroom has a window which will overlook the adjoining dwelling(which could constitute loss of privacy) this window is only shown in elevation and not on the first floor plan. Application 1/W/2002/0203, 2 Bothen Drive Bothenhampton, erect extensions. Returned, no comments. Application 1/W/2002/0204, 1 Bothen Drive, Bothenhampton, erect new pitched roof over existing garage. Returned, no comments. Application 1/W/2002/0287, Former Farmyard to Hyde Farmhouse, Walditch, make new window openings and construct floors and rooms. Make internal and external alterations. Returned, no comments. Application 1/W/2002/0286 Former Farmyard to Hyde Farmhouse, Walditch, make alterations to convert former agriculture buildings to 2 holiday units. Returned, no comments. Application 1/W/2002/0359 Nok on Wud, Lower Walditch Lane, Walditch remove existing porch and erect two storey rear extension. returned, no comments. Application 1/W/20020364 9 South Lawns Bothenhampton erect single storey extension. returned, no comments. Application 1/W/2002/0369 Littlecote, 77 Crock Lane, Bothenhampton, take down existing garage and erect new garage. Returned, no comments. Application 1/W/2002/0380 Homestead, Walditch erect conservatory. Returned, no comments. Application 1/W/2002/0384 Rogaels, 332 Maple Gardens, Bothenhampton erect 2 storey extension and erect dormer window. Returned, as existing is a semi detached property the Parish Council considers that WDDC should seek the views of the neighbour. Application 1/W/2002/0402 10 Crock Lane Bothenhampton erect single storey extension to form annexe. returned, The Parish Council consider that a condition concerning occupants i.e. annexe to be used only by owners of property and not for holiday let or equal use.
Application received from DCC; None.
(b) Decisions by WDDC; Application 1/W/2001/1788 Berry Farm, Walditch Lane Walditch erect first floor extension to garage to form annexe, listed building consent granted. Application 1/W/2001/1789 Berry Farm Walditch Lane Walditch erect first floor extension to garage to form annexe. planning permission granted. Application 1/W/2002/0079 Green Pastures Hollow Way Bothenhampton obtain relief of condition 2 of PA 1/W/1998/0733 the use hereby permitted shall be discontinued and the land restored to its former use on or before 24 March 2002, planning permission granted. Application 1/W/2002/0101 land adjoining 10 Mountjoy Bothenhampton develop land by the erection of 1 bungalow and construct new vehicular access, outline planning permission refused. Application 1/W/2002/0155 Quoits Walditch demolish lean-to porch erect extension above existing garage and carry out alterations, planning permission granted.
Decisions by DCC; None
- The Clerk informed the meeting of the current situation.
- The following accounts were approved for payment.
- M.C.Farnham Salary for March 2002 £203.54.plus office rent of £97.50 and expenses of £26.66 for the period 15 January to 11 march 2002
- DCC maintenance of street lighting £683.00
14. REQUESTS FOR GRANTS
The Clerk referred to the letter dated 1 March 2002 received from The Millennium Centre, copy which had been sent out with the agenda. Following a discussion on the matter Mr Yates proposed a grant of £100, this was seconded by Mrs England and agreed by all the other Councillors.
The Clerk also informed the meeting that he had received a request for a grant from Mr B. Regan who runs the Sub Post Office; at this point Mrs Regan declared an interest and left the meeting. Mr Regan's request was in relation to the planning application he had made in order to keep the Sub Post Office open. Following a discussion on this matter the Clerk was instructed to take up this matter with the Dorset Association of Parish and Town Councils (DAPTC) to see if the Parish is able to make a grant in this instance.
- Footpaths and Roads; NTR
- Street Lighting; NTR
- Neighbourhood Watch;NTR
- Conservation and Open Spaces; Following the discussion held earlier in the meeting and the democratic half hour, Professor Eastham requested permission to arrange a meeting with WDDC and Betterment Properties to discuss the condition of the open space in Lower Walditch. Mr Harrison proposed that Professor Eastham should be given permission, seconded by Mr Yates and agreed by all the other Councillors.
- John Holt Play Area; Mrs Regan reported that bark for the area had still not arrived. She did confirm that we may be able to get a grant for the provision of an alternative surface and it was agreed that she should obtain the required forms etc.
- New Play Area Walditch; Higher Walditch play area work is still being carried out as and when the weather allows. Lower Walditch, planning application has been submitted.
- A35 Communities Initiative; Transport meeting had been held recently.
- Bridport Regeneration Area Partnership Committee; Mr Matthews reported on the meeting held at which a very interesting presentation had been given on the Jurassic Coast line and that the recent recognition of this area will extend the holiday period.
16. CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
There being no further business for discussion the meeting closed at 9.40pm.
- From DCC; Letter dated 28 February 2002 from Environmental Services concerning Golden Jubilee Celebrations Passenger Transport News issue 22 dated February 2002.
- From WDDC; Notes of Bridport Forum held on the 22 November 2001. Letter dated 13 February 2002 concerning West Dorset Spring Clean. Letter dated 28 February 2002 Golden Jubilee Celebrations. Letter dated 5 March 2002 concerning removal of trees at May Cottage, Old Church Road, Bothenhampton.
- From Bridport Town Council, minutes of Bridport Area Partnership meeting on the 29 January 2002. Letter dated 2 March 2002 from Mr G. D. Briggs concerning the open space in Lower Walditch. Letter dated 7 March 2002 from Cornhill Insurance concerning open space area in Lower Walditch.
MATERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR
- Drainage and possible planting scheme open space Lower Walditch.
- Minutes and Agendas.
- Speeding traffic in both villages.
- Attendance of Police at Parish Council Meetings