MINUTES OF THE BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL
MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL, WALDITCH ON MONDAY 11 JUNE 2007 AT 7P.M.
Present: Alan Stenning (Chairman), Geoff Matthews (Vice Chairman), David Stubbs, Karl Wallace, Bob Dennis.
In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).
Apologies were received from David Tett..
2. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.
The Minutes of the previous Meeting of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 14 May 2007 were accepted as a true record of the Meeting and duly signed by the Chairman.
3. MATTERS ARISING.
Parish Council agreed to fund new litter bin for Church Lychgate in Bothenhampton (agreed but not minuted at last Meeting) estimated costs £60 to £80 - Roger Ffookes to instruct Townsend Engineering.
Donation to Holy Trinity of £10 for use of Church in March 2007 (Emergency Meeting re Parish Lighting).
Co-option of Audrey Pearson and Colin Sparkes to be Parish Councillors.
Allocation of Areas of Responsibility for Parish Councillors (see 10.13 Parish Matters).
DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.
At 7.10 pm, the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.30 pm the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's agenda there being no further matters raised.
5. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR BOTHENHAMPTON.
Karl Wallace has just started as District Councillor and described the three Committee areas of Policy, Scrutiny and Audit/Government.
David Tett had emailed apologies, and informed Parish Council of being awarded a £1,000 Leisure Development Fund Grant for John Holt Play Area.
6. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR WALDITCH.
Mark Roberts presented congratulations to Ron Coatsworth who is now Chair of WDDC.
Outlined new Committee structure with 1 Planning Committee instead of 2. Committees to include Executive, Policy Development - Rules of Council, Scrutiny - how they operate, Audit - Compliance. There are also 2 separate Committees for Licensing and Standards.
7. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH.
No news as yet on Waste Transfer Station and Recycling Depot in South Street as regards further temporary planning permission. Also no developments regarding the permanent siting of these facilities and a transport depot.
With regard to Library Services, a scheme is being introduced to save money and keep the service going. Professional assistance will be provided with books under present system. Volunteers to carry out much of the day-to-day work, and the community to be responsible for repairs and maintenance of library buildings. Buildings to be available for community use, and computer link-up to go ahead as planned.
A) Applications received from WDDC/DCC
A8.1 Crown - clearing deadwood etc. TP/07/060167
A8.11 letter re cedar - Valley View Amenity Area.
A8.2 TP/07/00139 Howard Close - tree felling
A8.3 1/W/07/000628 Additional Plans.
B) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.
B8.1 TP/07/00138 Weeping Ash felling.
B8.2 1/W/07/000623 - 20 South Lawns extension - Approved.
B8.3 TP0 2006 No 872 - not confirmed
B8.4 High Hedge - Copplestones + B8.411 - letter to Mr Perry.
B8.5 Blueberry Hill Farm - notes re complaints to Del Davies.
B8.6 Appeal re land at Mountjoy - to Mark Roberts.
B8.7 Sycamore Avenue letter - reported Graham Cox's Comments.
a) Finance Statement of Account as at 31st May 2007 - £11,689.84
b) Accounts for Payment:-
876 Clerk's Expenses £66.76
877 David Landscapes ££620.99
878 Clerk's Salary £314.21
879 Holy Trinity, Bothenhampton £10.00
All accounts listed were proposed for payment by Geoff Matthews, and Seconded by Karl Wallace.
10. PARISH MATTERS.
10.1 Revised Code of Conduct -
Declaration of Acceptance ) to be completed for new Code when
Registration of Interest ) adopted.
10.2 Revised Code of Conduct.
Action - distributed to Councillors present - suggested adoption for July 2007.
10.3 Parish Owned Street Lighting to cost £16,574.46 (ex VAT), for upgrade to DCC standards. Action - Clerk to send agreed letter to Chief Executive of DCC requesting waiver or payment over 5 years.
10.4 Roger Stribling - Highways letter + 10.4a. Action - letter sent 7 June 2007.
10.5 Traffic Matters. Action to set up site meeting with David Gillett before next Meeting.
10.6 Conservation Area Proposals - to be published in July/August issue of The Bridge.
10.7 Bridport Section 106 - Granted not awarded to Friends of John Holt Play Area. (N.B. Leisure Development Fund has awarded £1,000 to Friends of John Holt Play Area).
10.8 Work to commence on John Gundry Play Area on 25 June 2007.
10.9 New Councillors Training. Action - Grant of £25 approved for training.
10.10 Jellyfields Site - Dorset Wildlife Trust. Action - Clerk to contact Nick Thornley at WDDC Leisure re development.
10.11 Homewatch in Bothenhampton. Action - Homewatch Co-ordinator to be contacted + co-ordinator volunteers.
10.12 Alan reported need to maintain shrub and tree area around seat on Walditch Village Green. Action - Clerk to contact Nick David.
10.13 Allocation of Areas of Responsibility.:-
Planning Applications - It was agreed that each application would be sent to
the Councillor nearest to the proposed development.
Street Lighting - The nearest Councillor to report any problems to the
Roads/Road Safety - Bob Dennis
Footpaths - Audrey Pearson
John Holt Play Area - Geoff Matthews
John Gundry Play Area (Walditch) - Alan Stenning
Bridport Local Area Partnership - Karl Wallace/Colin Sparkes
Lower Walditch Play Area - David Stubbs
Valley View Amenity Area
Emergency Planning - Geoff Matthews
Dorset Association of Parish &
Town Councils Reps - Karl Wallace
Neighbourhood Watch - Vacancy
Transport Representatives - Bob Dennis
Conservation & Open Spaces
Environmental Committee - Geoff Matthews
Bothenhampton Village Hall
Management Committee - David Stubbs
11.1 Homewatch - Action - to contact PC Caroline Orchard re names of volunteers.
11.2 B.L.A.P. Action - request to add Colin Sparkes to representatives list alongside Karl Wallace.
11.3 Letter from MP re Crossing.
11.4 Changes to Highway Service.
11.5 Financial Support for Walditch Village Hall. Action - Parish Council agreed to pay a Grant of £885.36 to pay for new tables - proposed by Geoff Matthews and seconded by Alan Stenning.
11.6 Table Tennis letter - no action.
11.7 Restructuring of Highways Client Services - No Action.
11.8 WDDC - Affordable Housing Provision. Action - Consultation document to Karl.
11.9 West Bay Car Boot Fund. Action - to inform Friends of John Gundry Play Area.
11.10 Rights of Way Liasion Officer for Bothenhampton. Audrey Pearson appointed,
11.11 Notification of change to public payphone service in Bothenhampton - to become cashless in near future.
11.12 House to House Fundraising - No action.
11.13 Membership of SLCC - Action - to seek advise of DAPTC.
The next Meeting will be held in Bothenhampton Village Hall on Monday 9 July 2007, commencing at 7.00 pm.
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.05 pm.
MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.
Helen Sawyer of Friends of John Gundry Play Area reported on the problem with surface on the football pitch, and intended to obtain a quote for levelling from Stewart Wilmore.
Helen was assured that Friends of John Gundry Play Area were eligible to apply for funds from the Car Boot Grant, and an application form was on the Internet.
Peter Copeland, Walditch - the emptying of a waste bin situated in the village by the cattlepens had not taken place.
Roger Ffooks reported that Hollow Way bank cutting schedules had possibly been resolved satisfactorily. Still little action on Homewatch in Bothenhampton although some people had agreed to be Co-ordinators. Also there was an urgent need to replace the vandalised Homewatch sign in Hollow Way.
A Walditch resident was concerned that when a road drain was cleared the waste wasn't removed from site as it could be contaminated. Action - DCC Highways.
Concern was expressed regarding the junction from Walditch Road to A35 as hedge on the right hand side of highway is too high for clear vision. Action - A35 Highways (Connect).