MINUTES OF THE BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL, WALDITCH ON MONDAY 10th JULY 2006 AT 7 PM.

Present: Geoff Matthews (Vice Chairman), Mrs Dorothy England, Bob Dennis, David Stubbs, Karl Wallace In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

1. APOLOGIES.

Apologies were received from Rear Admiral Pritchard, Alan Stenning.

2. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meeting of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 10th July were accepted as a true record of the Meeting and duly signed by the Vice Chairman. Also signed were the Minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting 2006, and Annual Meeting of the Parish Council 2006.

3. MATTERS ARISING.

Incorrect Numbering of Past Minutes. While preparing the Parish Council minutes for the 12 months Internal Audit of the financial year 2005/06, have found that numbering from November 05 Minutes does not follow on from October 05. Renumbered minute pages 587 to 623 as listed, and initialled each completed set of Minutes. - Chris Dobbs, Clerk.

Have added in script the proposer, Bob Dennis, and seconder, Peggy England, for instructions to prepare for Internal Audit..

4. DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.05 pm, the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their views on matters of local interest. At 7.08 pm the meeting re-convened to complete the Council's agenda there being no further matters raised.

5. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR BOTHENHAMPTON, DAVID TETT.

re: Town Roundabouts. Discussions with Connect Roads Limited are on-going. Mr Andrew Bradley, an employee of the Dorset County Council, is drawing up a scheme and liaising with Clive Groves.

The Highways Agency is somewhat reluctant for annual bedding plants and any form of landscaping which may distract road users.

The Town Council Surveyor is pressing for the grass to be cut more often during the growing season. Connect are obtaining estimates for this additional work.

There are so many fingers in the pie and agencies involved in that before anything is done Connect, The Highways Agency and Connect Roads Ltd, have all to agree.

There was some discussion regarding the apparent protracted developments and lack of clear plans regarding any future scheme for the 2 roundabouts.

6. REPORT BY WDCC COUNCILLOR FOR WALDITCH - MARK ROBERTS

Mark Roberts mentioned Adoption of Local Plan + Spatial Plan (presently with Karl Wallace).
Re Car Parking in Bridport - some further parking signs to be considered + phasing of Town traffic lights.
Car park Meeting with Oliver Letwin. Re Walditch Footpath 58. Mark to discuss development with Enforcement Officer.

7. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH

Ron Coatsworth noted that Library Closure Plans have been put on hold for 1 year. Social Services are reducing services in homes and introducing charging for Day Centre provision. The Waste and Mineral Plan has highlighted the particular problems associated with waste disposal (400,000 transport costs per year), and the difficulties of finding a suitable waste transfer station in Bridport.

8. PLANNING.

a) Applications received from WDDC/DCC.

1/W/06/001090 Vodaphone Mast, Walditch
1/W/06/001054 Erect Portocabin 20 East Road
1/W/06/000814 87 Crock Lane.
1/W/06/001185 7 Valley Road.


b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

1/W/06/000829 60 Crock Lane - Approval
1/W/06/000783 12 Bowhayes - Approval
1/W/06/000889 77 Crock Lane - Approval
1/W/06/000936 27 Maple Gardens - Approval
1/W/06/000942 10 Marsh Gate - Approval.

9. FINANCE

A] Finance Statement of Account as at 30 July 2006 - 11,192.98

B] Accounts for Payment.

802 Walditch Village Hall 15.00
803 LexisNexis 53.45
804 John Bright Fencing 499.87
805 John Gundry Plan Areas 40.00
807 Office Accommodation 97.50
808 Clerk's Salary 314.21
809 Income Tax. 88.62
810 Clerk's Expenses 45.62

10. PARISH MATTERS.

1)
To arrange Walditch Site Meeting for sign to John Gundry Play Area. Alan Stenning.

2)
Street Naming and Numbering information. To inform PC of delegated powers from WDDC.

3)
Training for new Councillors - Application to Karl Wallace.

4)
Land Registry - Have arranged to collect Deeds from Austen, Whetham and Guest with Geoff Matthews on Tuesday 18 July 2006 at 10.00 a.m. Representative from Land Registry to visit on Friday 21 July at 10.30 a.m. Geoff Matthews to attend. Aim to complete registration of the four areas owned by the Parish Council i.e. John Holt Play Area, John Gundry Play Area, Valley View Amenity Area (off Howard Road), Walditch Village Green.

5)
Mrs Milson - Peggy England consulted with Oliver Letwin's secretary, and Mrs Milson has agreed to contact Dorset Arbitration Service re her concern regarding the very overgrown area adjacent to her Walditch home.

6)
Summer Newsletter 2006. Draft distributed by Geoff Matthews. Geoff will arrange distribution with the September edition of The Bridge.

7)
Letter from Lucy Chant - Friends of the John Gundry Play Area - requested written letter of support for their project to purchase play equipment. Reply in support signed by Alan Stenning and forwarded to Lucy Chant.

11.CORRESPONDENCE

1)
Dorset Library Service - Clerk to write a letter expressing corporate view of Parish Councillors re closure proposals. To be presented to the August Meeting - Parish Matters.

2)
Provision of Allotments - Clerk to respond to letter from Bridport Town Council for August Meeting 14 August 2006.

3)
No councillors are available to attend seminar on Highway Maintenance on 20 July 2006.

4)
Invitation to PC - World Music Festival on Friday 14th July at 4.30 p.m. St Mary's School Field.

5)
Parish Councillors noted that plans to restructure Police Forces in England and Wales have been shelved.

6)
Change to Bus Service 73. Maiden Newton to Bridport - Review document.

7)
The Chief Executives Report was made available to Parish Councillors.

8)
Bridport Local Area Partnership AGM notification given.

9)
Corporate Plan and Performance Plan made available for distribution.

The next Meeting will be held in Bothenhampton Village Hall on Monday 14th August commencing at 7.00 p.m.


There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 8.25 pm.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

There were no matters raised at this meeting.