MINUTES OF THE BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL. MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL, BOTHENHAMPTON, ON MONDAY 11 January 2010 AT 7 P.M.

Present: Karl Wallace(Chair),Robert Dennis(Vice Chair),Audrey Pearson, Pennie Jones, Colin Sparkes, David Stubbs, & Peter Tobutt. In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

82. DECLARATION OF INTEREST.

82.1 To remind Parish Councillors of the need to make a Declaration of Interest on any Agenda items where personal or prejudicial interest may arise. E.g. This may be a Grant request for a Village Hall Project, or a Planning Application adjacent to a Parish Councillor's home.

82.2 The Chairman will withdraw from leading the PLANNING AGENDA, as he is a member of WDDC Development Control Committee, and this part of the Meeting is to be led by the Vice Chairman, or a Parish Councillor nominated by the Chairman.

83. APOLOGIES.

83.1 There were apologies from - Debbie Jack & Elizabeth Welch.

84. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meeting of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 9 November 2009, were accepted as a true record of the Meeting and duly signed by the Chairman.

85. MATTERS ARISING.

85.1 Numbering of Minutes from May 2009. Minutes to be numbered sequentially i.e. May - 1 to 11, June - 12 to 22, July - 23 to 33, August - 34 to45, September - 46 to 57, October - 58 to 69, November - 70 to 81, January 2010 - 82 to 93, March 94 to 105, April 106 - 117. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.

92.6 - Section 106 Monies( brought forward from Parish Matters to allow speaker an early departure) - Jonathan Smith, WDDC Planning Obligations Officer addressed the Parish Council regarding the Section 106 monies for Jellyfields LNR & Walditch Open Spaces. Jonathan indicated that improvements for Jellyfields are already being considered, and suggested ownership of the site be transferred to Parish Council.

It was suggested from the floor that bench seating could be secured at strategic places on the footpath, and particularly at the beginning and end of the main footpath walk. There was also consideration that a Play Area could be constructed at the flat area close to the site entrance. Both matters are to be debated at the next Meeting on Monday 8 February 2010, alongside the possible transfer of ownership from WDDC to BWPC.

The Clerk asked if WDDC Finance could consider the change of presently listed Parish Council 'Sundry Accounts Monies', in their Financial Statement 2009/2010, to be now accounted as 'Section 106 Monies', in an approved process to satisfy both Audit and good Accounting Practice.

The Parish Councillors present were made aware of the need to consider the Section 106 Monies within the criteria as noted in the Account details, and to note that regular maintenance of 'Open Spaces in Walditch', could be included.

86. DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.30 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.35 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's agenda, there being no further matters raised.

87. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR BOTHENHAMPTON.

David Tett gave the following report :-
1. Although yet to be ratified by Full Council, the increase in Council Tax for the year 2010/2011 will rise by 1%, and all Service Charges(other than Harbour fees) frozen. This decision has been taken by Council because of the continued recession; moreover, considerable savings have been made in certain of the services provided by the District Council following scrutiny. It had previously been anticipated that the Tax would go up by 2.5% and in line with inflation.
2. A reminder that the Public Enquiry into the Appeal relating to the South West Quadrant opens on 26 January and it is expected to last for three days.
3. There are a couple of Planning Applications on your Council's Agenda this evening upon which I have been consulted namely those in relation to 17 Valley Road, Bothenhampton and Ambrose Cottage, 66 Crock Lane, Bridport. I make no comment on either unless being asked to do so and then only to inform you of the present position.

88. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR WALDITCH

Mark Roberts had nothing to add to Councillor's Tett's comments.

89.REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH.

Ron Coatsworth was absent from the Meeting. Karl Wallace commented that road gritting has been carried out on 26 occasions in recent weeks. He mentioned the 20 m.p.h., and that the Road Safety Officer would be asked to attend the March Meeting - Colin Sparkes commented that he considered the 20 m.p.h. proposal to be a waste of money. There are now two proposed Waste Transfer Sites along the Burton Road, and some further white lines have been painted on the B3157. Also, there is a proposal to reduce the 40 m.p.h. limit entering Bridport, to 30 m.p.h.

90.* PLANNING AGENDA - BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL.

a) Applications received from WDDC/DC :-

*1/D/09/001766 - New Bridport Supply Depot - Application arrived after Monday 9 November Meeting, & considered at extraordinary Meeting on *Wednesday 18 November 2009 - Corporate View - Objection as listed in Planning Application Notes. Colin Sparkes to attend WDDC Development Control Committee.
1/D/09/001829 - Ambrose Cottage, 66 Crock Lane - New Outbuilding - have been informed that Application is being considered for a second submission.
1/D/09/001840 - 34 Maple Gardens, Bridport - single storey extension, new dormer window & internal alterations - recommended for Approval.
1/D/09/001770 - 21 Elwell, Bridport - Demolish bungalow & erect 2 dwellings. Modify vehicular & pedestrian access(outline) - recommended Objection for reasons as listed.
1/D/09/001950 - 17 Valley Road, Bridport - Demolish single storey rear extension & garage. New single storey extension(Amended Application) - recommended for Approval.

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

1/D/09/000487 - Hillside, 3 Crock Lane - Approval of Outline Planning for 2 bungalows & modify access.
1/D/09/001427 - Home Farm House, Main Street, Bothenhampton - Demolish extensions - convert indoor swimming pool to a dwelling. Modify vehicular parking arrangements - Approval.
1/D/09/000729 - 38 Valley Road - Approval - single storey extension.
CA/09/00383 - Corner Cottage, Walditch - WDDC Authorisation to fell 1 Crab Apple, & to coppice 1 Holly & 1 Bay Tree.
1/D/09/001812 - 18 North Hill Way, Bridport - Approval - single storey rear extension..
1/D/09/001720 - 7 Nordons, Bridport - Approval - External alterations & conservatory.
1/D/09/001752 - 2 Hyde Cottages - Approval of listed building consent. Demolish asbestos canopy porch. Replace front door & internal alterations.

91. FINANCE AGENDA - BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL.

Receipts - none

i) Statement of Current Account as at 31 December2009 - 9847.17

ii) Accounts for Payment
Less outstanding cheques as listed :-
1056 Bothenhampton Village Hall 30
1057 Bothenhampton Village Hall 18
1058 H M Revenue & Customs 277.65
1059 Clerk's quarterly Accom. Allowance 97.50
1060 Clerk's November Salary 379.08
1061 Clerk's December Salary 379.08
1062 Citizens Advice Bureau 400
Total 1581.31
Balance 8265.86

Proposed for payment by David Stubbs, seconded by Audrey Pearson, and carried by all Parish Councillors present.

92. * PARISH MATTERS AGENDA -

n.b. All items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda.

92.1 - Risk Assessment & Review of Standing Orders - Clerk to report on Assets arrangements with Solicitors - Austin, Whetham & Guest - Action - Clerk to arrange cataloging of deeds to be lodged with Solicitors as named. Storage offered as free service. Safety Notices - Pennie Jones - Action - Pennie to prepare Safety Notices for next Meeting. Standing Orders - Review Outline of Standing Orders - lead by David Stubbs - Action - Clerk informed Meeting that latest issue of Standing Orders were at DAPTC.

92.2 - Maintenance of Play Areas - Clerk to update Parish Council - Action - Clerk has instructed David Landscapes to address maintenance issues at John Gundry Play Area, & is seeking advice re John Holt Play Area .

92.3 - Sycamore Avenue, Walditch - Review of developments. - Action - carried to February Meeting - Clerk to contact Enforcement Officer.

92.4 - BT Payphones - update by Clerk. - Action - WDDC have opposed removal.

92.5 - Lengthman's Scheme - proposal to consider joining Bridport on 'Pay as You Go' basis. - Action - Clerk advised to contact BTC to query response time if BWPC joined scheme.

92.6 - Section 106 Monies - Jonathan Smith, WDDC, to attend Meeting. NB - to be invited to speak at Matters Arising. - Action - see previous Minute in Matters Arising.

92.7 - Jellyfields LNR - DCC Ranger, Lawrence Weston, invited to speak at February Meeting. - Action - Clerk to e mail confirmation.

92.8 - Garden Bonfires - Clerk to update Meeting. - Action - Meeting decided not to distribute leaflets via Bridge - Clerk to request 6 leaflets from WDDC - to use as required.

92.9 - New Hedge in Walditch - update from Clerk - Action - All work completed, led by Judy West.

92.10 - Bridport/Bothenhampton Speed limit - Update from Clerk - Action - propose that DCC Road Safety Officer, Doug Chalmers, be invited to March Meeting.

92.11 - Bothenhampton Brownies Grant Application - to consider detail of Grant - Action - Agreed to give 150 Grant, & encourage Brown Owl to request that BTC match the amount.

92.12 - Footpaths in Main Street - update from Clerk - concern expressed in e mail - Bob Dennis - Grit Bins - Clerk to introduce topic. - Action - PC agreed to purchase 1 bin for use in South Lawns, which is a rather steep road. Clerk to contact residents to establish suitable site, then to contact DCC to request siting and filling of Grit Bin.

92.13 - Highways Matters in Walditch - Peter Tobutt's meeting with DCC on 23/4/08 refers. Action - deferred to February Meeting.

92.14 - Walditch Parish Notice Board - Peter Tobutt - Action - Clerk to arrange estimates.

92.15 - Funding for Community Projects - WDDC Grants - Action - Clerk informed Meeting that Grant Application can be made until March2010.

92.16 - Satellite Conservation Area proposal - WDDC letter - Action - Clerk in formed PC that Bridport Cemetary to be proposed as Satellite Conservation Area.

92.17 - Identification of new sites for housing - Action - WDDC Survey for February Meeting.

Parish Matters from the Floor - To be placed on the Agenda for the next Meeting.

Colin Sparkes requested that maintenance of Parish Seats be considered at February Meeting.

Audrey Pearson to present Report on Footpaths to next Meeting, with request for extended handrail on Footpath by Nordons.

93. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

93.1 - Traveltimes - to Colin Sparkes.
93.2 - Efficiency Scrutiny Committee - Monday 11 January 2010.
93.3 - Victim Support - request for financial support.
93.4 - Get Growing Allotment Guide - to Colin.
93.5 - CPRE Fieldwork journal - to Audrey Pearson
93.6 - Flood Warden Newsletter - to Colin.
93.7 - Renewable Energy - letter from Joan Regan to Parish Council.
93.9 - High Speed Broadband Provision for Dorset - Meeting Friday 22 January 2010 at Ferndown.
93.10 - BLAP - UNICEF - Barn Dance 23/1/2010

The next Meeting will be held in Bothenhampton Village Hall on Monday 8 February 2010 at7.00 p.m.
Please note that Debbie Jack gave her Apologies for the January & February 2010 Meetings.

There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 8.45 p.m.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

Nb - These notes are attached to the Minutes of the Parish Council held on Monday 11 January 2010.

Pennie Jones noted that WDDC Planning had not replied to Bothenhampton Residents Association letter regarding the red roof on the new bungalow in Mount Joy.

Roger Ffooks had the following 9 points listed to support the proposed Lengthman's Scheme being presently debated by the PC :-

Suggested list of Jobs for Lengthman's.
- Keep down vegetation and brambles at base of High Pavement.
- Keep drains(road), cleaning debris, leaves etc.
- Monitor and crop overhanging vegetation along Hollow Way Footpath - on a regular basis.
- Maintain public seats(preservative), - report on any physical damage.
- Check for loose stones etc. on all footpaths & advise P.C.
- Maintain ditch in Long Lane which continually blocks & floods road - ditto drain covers adjacent. - ( DCC responsibility, but they don't do it - despite regular requests ).
- Remove out of date or illegible posters on telegraph poles.
- Pick up litter.
- Spread grit in icy weather ! ( several locations ).
- This covers Main Street & Long Lane, & no doubt other jobs in other parts of the village.