MINUTES OF THE BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL, BOTHENHAMPTON ON MONDAY 14 JANUARY 2008 AT 7P.M.

Present: Geoff Matthews (Vice Chairman), Bob Dennis, Colin Sparkes.. David Stubbs Audrey Pearson, Elizabeth Welch, & Karl Wallace. In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

1. APOLOGIES.

Apologies were received from Peter Tobutt.

2. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meeting of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 12th November 2007, were accepted as a true record of the Meeting and duly signed by the Chairman.

3. MATTERS ARISING.

3.1 Conservation Area - letter to Del.Davies

. 3.2 Dorset Village of the Year Competition 2008 - to Roger Ffooks.

3.3 Schedule of 2008 Meetings offered to all present.

3.4 List of Parish Councillors to each member.

4. DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.07 pm, the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.30 pm, the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's agenda, there being no further matters raised.

5. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR BOTHENHAMPTON.

David expressed appreciation from David Bolton of 20 Mountjoy, regarding PC Corporate View of planning Application 1/0/07/002057.

Council Tax for 2008/2009: Whilst the County Council Revenue Grant will increase by 28% over the next three years i.e. an extra 1 million, the District Council received a disappointing settlement and, in effect, the Grant has been cut and we have having to find 600,000.00 over four years.
However, notwithstanding this, services will be maintained at their present level, and the Council Tax for 2008/2009 will rise by 3.9%, which is 1.4% above the rate of inflation i.e. 2.5%.

Mountjoy School.
Because of recent flood events, the Environment Agency has issued amended advice. The effect of this is that the new building should be set significantly higher above the current site level.

The County Council are now to consider the implications and, in the meantime, the Outland Planning Application is on hold.

Karl Wallace commented on defective street lights in Main Street and Crock Lane - Action - Clerk to follow up.
Petty vandalism reported in Howard Road - Police to carry out more patrols in area.

6. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR WALDITCH.

Mark Roberts commented that no changes will take place regarding refuse collections in Bridport until a permanent Waste Transfer Station is situated in the town. New collection schedules are planned for March 2008.

Consultant Report being prepared on WDDC headquarters will cost 3 / 4 million to stay in present listed building. No other sites presently being considered.

7. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH.

DCC are setting up Call Centre at Pullman Court.
Many drains problems in County.
There is a lighting helpline which is an 0800 number.
Problems re Environment Agency and planning for new Mount Joy site.
4 M Government money has been allocated for social services.
Possible 4% increase in Council Tax..

8. PLANNING.

A) Applications received from WDDC/DCC.

1/D/07/002056 Mount Joy Site - Objection 3/1/08.
1/D/07/002172 Uplands, Walditch - Objection 3/1/08
CA/07/00419 - Reduce beech, Highfield, Walditch - Approved 9/12/08.

B) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

1/D/07/001833, 58 Slades Green - Approval
1/W/05/001148, 2 Hill View, Finch Lane, Walditch - minor amendments approved.
1/D/07/001801, Manor Farmhouse, Walditch - Approval of various window replacements.
CA/07/00372 - authorisation to reduce crown, Hornbeam, Shute Haye, Walditch

9. FINANCE.

Finance a) Statement of Account as at 31 December 2007 - 10,860-08
b) Accounts for Payment

Less Outstanding Cheques:

912 Income Tax( 3 months ). 265-86
913 Office Accommodation 97-50
914 Clerk's Salary( Nov/Dec ) 628-42
915 David Landscapes 310-49
916 Townsend Engineering 103-99
917 D. Ridge 24-00
918 Clerk's Expenses 62-39
919 Holy Trinity, Bothenhampton 900-00
920 Bothenhampton Village Hall 18-00
921 Bothenhampton Village Hall 24-00

All accounts listed were proposed for payment by Bob Dennis and seconded by Geoff. Matthews, carried by Parish Council.

10. PARISH MATTERS.

10.1 John Gundry Play Area, Walditch - progress report. Friends have been requested to report to the February Meeting. Agreed for property damage Insurance to be taken out on play equipment. To leave consideration of levelling ground to a later date.

Action - Clerk to inform Friends, and arrange Insurance, + erection of bin in Play Area.

10.2 Homewatch Co-ordinators.
Action - Clerk to send Guidelines to Trevor Golds. Elizabeth Welch to consider being Co-ordinator.

10.3 Traffic speeding in Crock Lane. Resident, Jan Templeman has requested PC to consider speed restrictions in Crock Lane. Action - Clerk to arrange a site Meeting.

10.4. Clerk to request holiday absence for February 2009 Meeting (suggest re-scheduling of 2009 Meeting dates). Action - to be considered at February 2008 Meeting.

10.5 Fingerpost sign in Hollow Way. Action - Clerk to obtain estimates for work.

10.6 . Allotment Land - Action - Geoff to write letter to The Bridge. Clerk to arrange refund of fees to Ralph Probert.

10.7 First Dorset Credit Union. Action payment for February Meeting.

10.8 C.A.B. - No action.

10.9 Connecting Dorset - still awaiting ISP provider.

10.10 Defective Street Lighting - Action - Clerk to make enquiries.

10.11 Street Cleaning Schedule - Action - schedules to be obtained.

10.12 Sea Road South Bus Stop - Action - Clerk to contact WATAG.

10.13 New Street Naming and Numbering requirements. Action - to Geoff for consideration.

10.14 BBC Radio Dorset - Action - Parish Councillors encourage to sign petition.

10.15 John Holt Play Area - No Action reported.

10.16 Track/Road up to Old Church Road to Old Church. Action - Colin Sparkes commented that track leading up to the Old Church is not registered. Parish Council considered that Church Council may wish to pursue ownership.

11. CORRESPONDENCE

To be tabled as listed:-

11.1 The Parish Polls Campaign. Action - Copy of letter from Mr Finch requesting Parish Council support has been handed to each Parish Councillor. Action - to be debated at February Meeting.

11.2 Rural Affordable Housing Seminar. DCA - Rural Housing Enabler. WDDC Identification of new sites for housing.

11.3 Community Transport Feasibility Study.

11.4 Half Year Report on Corporate Performance 2007/2008. Transportation Planning International.

11.5 Fieldwork CPRE Journal.

11.6 WDDC - Community Link.

11.7 LCR - NALC journal

11.8 DAOB - Annual Review 2006-7 - to Geoff.

11.9 Minerals Core Strategy.

11.10 Volunteer Work Days Poster - Sundays 27/1/08. 10.30 - 3.00 pm 24/2/08, 30/3/08. To Geoff.

The next Meeting will be held in Bothenhampton Village Hall on Monday 11 February 2008, commencing at 7.00 pm.

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.30 p.m.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

1. Roger Ffooks - concern about siting of new Playground sign. Propose removing present sign and replacing old sign on telegraph pole in Old Church Road. Present position is not sympathetic to Conservation Area.
2. Fingerpost sign at top of Hollow Way needs replacement. Is concerned that no order has yet been made.
3. Street Cleaning - vehicle was here today, Monday 14th January. Apparently the schedule is now weekly, although a printed schedule is awaited. Driver agreed and carried out a sweep of Long Lane. Suggested that new schedule should include sweep up to the end of Marrowbone Lane and the first part of Crock Lane (by the Church). Action - Clerk to enquire.
4. Noticed surveying work being carried out in Old Church Road.
5. Asked PC if they had any information on Government's Modified Planning Rules.

Jan Templeman expressed concern about speed of vehicles in Crock Lane. Clerk instructed to set up Site Meeting with Doug Chalmers, Senior Road Safety Officer.