MINUTES OF THE BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL, BOTHENHAMPTON ON MONDAY 8 JANUARY 2007 AT 7 PM. Present: Alan Stenning (Chair), Geoff Matthews (Vice Chairman), David Stubbs, Bob Dennis, Peggy England. In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

1. APOLOGIES.

Apologies were received from David Tett, Karl Wallace & Rear Admiral Pritchard..

2. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meeting of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 13th November 2006 were accepted as a true record of the Meeting and duly signed by the Chairman.

3. MATTERS ARISING.

Geoff commented that a newly appointed Police Constable, PC. Orchard, will contact him early in the New Year to arrange a public meeting with the aim of reviewing Homewatch initiatives in the area.

4. DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.05 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view of matter of local interest. At 7.15 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's agenda there being no further matters raised.

The Parish Council Meeting was further adjourned from 7.50 p.m. to 7.55 p.m. to give Pennie Jones, Treasurer of the Village Hall Management Committee, an opportunity to speak.

5. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR BOTHENHAMPTON, DAVID TETT.

The only matter I have to mention is the sum of money (28,000 or thereabouts) held by the District Council and arising from Sunday morning Car Boot Sales at West Bay over the past three/four years.

Subject to the approval of the Full Council on the 11 January, this money will now be distributed amongst local voluntary organisations. The scheme is to be launched in April, when applications will, undoubtedly, be invited.

6. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR WALDITCH

Mark Roberts had nothing further to add to the Report sent by David Tett.

7. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH

No Report - It was requested that Ron reported on progress regarding the siting of a new Waste Transfer Station at the next Meeting (see Minute 10.9).

8. PLANNING.

a) Applications received from WDDC/DCC.

1/W/06/002359 11 Lansdowne Road, - single storey extension.
1/W/06/001412 Appeal - Land between 7-9 & 20 Mount Joy.
CA/06/00352 Remove overhanging branch of willow tree at Quiots, Walditch.

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

Public Path Extinguishment Order - part of Footpath 23.
CA/06/00296 Authorisation to fell 1 Mountain Ash at Church End, Walditch Road, Walditch.
Mobile Phone Operators Annual Roll out Plans 2006/2007.

Presentation of New Planning system )
Sycamores in Walditch ) For information.
Hyde Farmhouse, Walditch ) .

9. FINANCE

A] Finance Statement of Account as at 31 December 2006 - 13,452.71..

B] Accounts for Payment in December 2006.

839 David Landscapes 310.49
840 BDO Stoy Hayward 141.00 (External Audit)
841 Bothenhampton Village Hall 24.00
842 Allianz Cornhill 47.73 (Fidelity Guarantee)
843 Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance 300.00 (Donation)
844 Clerk's Salary 314.21
945 Income Tax 88.62
846 Clerk's Salary (December) 314.21
847 Office Accommodation 97.50
848 Inland Revenue 88.62
849 Expenses - Clerk 53.22

10. PARISH MATTERS.

10.1
Alteration to Meeting scheduled for April 2007. Agreed that April Meeting should be on 2 April 2007 - new schedule to be despatched.

10.2.
Revised Standing Orders - to be adopted by resolution of the Parish Council. Proposed by - David Stubbs, Seconded by - Bob Dennis.

The Model NALC Standing Orders and Chairmanship to be adopted by Resolution of the Parish Council - for use as guidelines of reference for the Clerk, to support the procedures of the Parish Council. Proposed by - David Stubbs, Seconded by - Bob Dennis.

10.3.
Parish Owned Street Lighting. Clerk reported to Parish Councillors that Parish owned street lighting is no longer in the Dorset County Council maintenance programme. Action - Clerk advised to contact DAPTC. Letter on 22 January 2007.

10.4.
i) Parish Councillors agree to submit a direct application for the National Lottery - Awards for All Grant, in support of the Friends of John Gundry Play Area. This is in response to the Lottery's previous rejection to the Friends. -" because the Parish Council owns the land and is responsible for its upkeep, the application needs to come from the Parish Council itself". Action - Clerk. Grant Application sent 23 January 07

ii) In response to the letter re "Funding for recreation in Bridport", Friends of John Holt Play Area have indicated a need to apply for funding to extend facilities for very young and older children. Equipment to include - replacement baby swing, basketball net and safety surface, and a set of Junior Goalposts. Action - Clerk. Grant Application sent 23 January 2007.

iii) In response to a letter from Pennie Jones, Treasurer of the Village Hall Management Committee, the Parish Council agreed to support the refurbishment of the Village Hall toilets for the disabled.

Parish Councillors approved the allocation of 1,000 within the present 2006/07 Budget, and understanding that fund raising and further Grants from other agencies should enable the project to be completed by the Summer period 2007. Action - Clerk. Letter sent to the Village Hall Committee on 9 January 2007.

10.5.
Annual Audit Return for the Year Ended 31 March 2006.

Parish Councillors approved the Annual Return and acceptance of issues arising, i.e.

Action Plan arising from Annual Report - to undertake and minute a full risk assessment during the year 2006/07. - to review Financial Regulations as adopted by the Parish Council on 14 August 2006. Action - Geoff, to raise issues for next Meeting.

10.6.
Bridport Local Area Partnership. Re: Conservation Area Appraisals.
Meeting has been arranged with Kim Winter WDDC Design and Conservation Officer, for Thursday 25 January 2007 at Mountfield, Bridport, starting at 9.30 a.m.
Action - Geoff and Clerk to attend. Ken Abel to be requested to attend as Walditch Rep. Action- Clerk to contact Ken Abel. 10.7.
Site Meeting arranged for Tuesday 16th January with Doug Chalmers, DCC Team Leader, Traffic and Safety Management, David Gillett, DCC Traffic and Safety Management, David Capewell (owner of Ab Antiquo , adjacent to Village Hall, Main Street), Geoff Matthews and the Clerk - to consider concerns regarding parking problems in Main Street.

10.8
Peggy England commented that she had been asked about the sewerage works development in Burton Road. On enquiry has been told that enlargement of treatment works is being carried out to prevent any future flooding. Councillors noted the forward thinking of WDDC.

10.9.
Peggy England indicated that people were concerned regarding the siting of the new Waste Transfer Station. Action - County Councillor Ron Coatsworth requested to report on progress to date on site selection - for meeting on 12 February 2007.

10.10.
Crock Lane resident concerned that Street Cleaning in Crock Lane was not entirely satisfactory. Action - Clerk to enquire about Cleaning Service Rota.

11.CORRESPONDENCE

11.1
Thank you letter from Air Ambulance serving Dorset and Somerset.

11.2
DAPTC - Chief Executives Circular 15/06 + DAPTC Minutes of AGM.

11.3
Dorset County Training Partnership Courses in 2007 - for February Meeting.

11.4
Dorset Partnership for Older People for February Meeting.

11.5
Parish Rights of Way Officer.

11.6
Corporate Performance 2006/07 - for February Meeting.

11.7
H.M. Revenue and Customs - Annual Return can be completed online.

11.8
Children's Playground Equipment.

11.9
Vote in Your Local Elections - Action Pack to Alan Stenning.

The next Meeting will be held in Bothenhampton Village Hall on Monday 12 February 2007, commencing at 7.00 p.m.

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.15 pm.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

Lucy Chant and Helen Sawyer, expressed thanks for the finger post sign to the Play Area in Walditch, and then gave a written and verbal summary of their funding activities for the Friends of the John Gundry Play Area. The fund to raise 22,199 for play equipment and safety surfaces now stands at 1,106 in the bank and 7,738 pledged, giving a total of 8,844. It was requested that the Parish Council apply for the National Lottery 'Awards for All' Grant, as they are the owners of John Gundry Play Area.

Friends of the John Gundry Play Area intend to liaise with the Parish Council via Alan Stenning.

Roger Ffooks reported on no co-ordinator for Bothenhampton Homewatch, but was pleased that a newly appointed Police Officer had indicated the imminence of a future Meeting to discuss developments.

Pennie Jones requested that the PC considered a further Grant to the Village Hall Management Committee.