Minutes of the Bothenhampton & Walditch Parish Council meeting held in the Village Hall Bothenhampton on Monday 5 August 2002.

Present:- Mrs Regan(Chairman),Professor Eastham, Mr Harrison, Mrs England, Mrs Sawyer. In attendance M.C.Farnham(Clerk), Rear Admiral Pritchard.

1. APOLOGIES

Mr Matthews, Mrs Clements,, Mr Coatsworth.

2. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

The minutes of the previous meeting held on 8 July 2002 having been circulated to all members, were accepted as a true record of the meeting and duly signed, with the following amendments, Item 9;Planning approval for 'Four Winds' 15 Mountjoy, Bothenhampton. Mrs England expressed concern about the red colour of the new roof tiles being used. The Clerk was instructed to obtain confirmation from WDDC that these were as agreed.
Action: The Clerk to write to WDDC.

3. MATTERS ARISING

  1. Planning Application 1/W/2002/0134 Land at Copplestone/ Marrowbone Lane, Bothenhampton. The Clerk informed the meeting that the application was on the agenda for the Development Control West Committee meeting to be held on 8 August 2002 at Bridport Leisure Centre. Mrs Regan agreed to attend as Parish Council representative.
    Action : Mrs Regan to attend meeting.
  2. Provision of seats, Mrs Regan informed the meeting that she had obtained prices for these. It was agreed that these should be included in the agenda for the next meeting for consideration.
    Action: Clerk to include this on agenda for next meeting.

4. REPORT BY DISTRICT COUNCILLOR REAR ADMIRAL PRITCHARD

Rear Admiral Pritchard reported that the white paper on Regional Assemblies has been published. the South West Assembly would have 25-35 members representing a number of bodies. Local Government would have to be reorganised with the current two tier system being replaced by Unitary Authorities.

5. REPORT BY COUNTY COUNCILLOR Mr COATSWORTH

As Mr Coatsworth was unable to attend the meeting no report was made.

6. DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR

At this point the meeting adjourned to enable members of the public to air their views on matters of local interest. The meeting then re-convened to complete the Council's agenda.

7. STREET LIGHTING PLUMPTREE GARDENS, CROCK LANE

The Clerk referred to the letter dated 12 July 2002 from Parker Homes Ltd. a copy of which was sent out with the agenda, concerning the non provision of street lighting for this new development. Following a short discussion on this matter, it was agreed that as each property will have their own porch lighting further lighting was not required on this occasion.
Action: Clerk to write to Parker Homes Ltd.

8. COMMISSION FOR RACIAL EQUALITY

The Clerk referred to the letter dated 12 June 2002 from the Commission for Racial Equality, a copy of which had been sent out with the agenda.
Action: It was agreed that the Code of Practice would be circulated to all Councillors to read.

9. PLANNING

  1. Applications received from WDDC;
    Application received from DCC; None.

  2. Decisions by WDDC; Decisions by DCC; None

10. FINANCE

  1. The Clerk informed the meeting of the current situation
  2. The following accounts were approved for payment.
    1. M.C.Farnham Salary for August 2002 203.54

It was proposed by Mr Harrison that the account be paid this was seconded by Mrs England and agreed by all the other Councillors.

11. REQUESTS FOR GRANTS

None

12. VITAL VILLAGES

Mr Harrison reported that since the last Parish Council meeting Vital Village Committee had met on the 5 August with the next meeting scheduled to take place on the 6 September 2002. They have now completed the questionnaire, which will be circulated to over 700 households. Two public meetings have also been arranged on the following dates 12 October at Walditch Village Hall and 19 October at Bothenhampton Village Hall. He also confirmed that the application for grant of 5000 had been approved and that the Parish Council should receive the first sum of 2500 later this month. Mr Harrison requested that a separate account should be set up for these monies. On behalf of the Vital Village Committee Mr Harrison requested the Parish Council consider making a grant towards the work of the committee of 350. The Clerk confirmed that this request would need to be put in writing so that it can be considered by the Parish Council.
Action: Clerk to arrange for a new account to be opened. Mr Harrison to arrange for a written request for grant from the Parish Council to be sent to the Clerk for consideration at the next Parish Council meeting.

13. FOOTPATHS AND ROADS

It was reported that the high pavement in Main Street, Bothenhampton has weeds growing through it. Mrs England asked if a traffic mirror could be provided by DCC to aid motorists to safely leave Wych Hill onto Burton Road.
Action: Clerk to write to DCC informing them of the above matters.

14. STREET LIGHTING

Nothing to report.

15. NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH

Nothing to report.

16. CONSERVATION, OPEN SPACES AND PLAY AREAS

The Clerk informed the meeting that he had received the draft agreement which was read out to the meeting, following a discussion on this draft document the Clerk was instructed to write to the Parish Solicitor on the following matters:
  1. confirmation on the terms of the planning permission and was this the same as that detailed in the draft agreement.
  2. the provision of additional drains to aid the surface water problem that existed.
  3. would the siting of seats be allowable?
  4. confirmation that the responsibility for the current day to day maintenance of the area was still Betterment's until such time as any agreement had been signed.
Mrs Regan reported that she had now received some prices for the provision of seating, these to be considered at the next meeting.
Action: Clerk to write to Parish Solicitor.

17. PLAY AREAS

The Clerk confirmed that he had been in contact with Church of England in Salisbury and was waiting the necessary forms. Mrs Regan confirmed that the existing play equipment on the John Holt play area had been inspected by WDDC and other than some minor work everything met the minimum European standards. Mrs Regan asked that the grass cutting of the John Holt Play area be fortnightly.
Action: Clerk to contact Salisbury again on the matter.

18 BRIDPORT REGENERATION AREA PARTNERSHIP MEETINGS

Copy of the minutes of the last meeting held on 9 July 2002 had been received and Mr Harrison had already agreed to attend the next meeting to be held on the 9 September 2002.
Action: Mr Harrison to attend meeting.

19. DORSET ASSOCIATION OF PARISH AND TOWN COUNCILS

Nothing to report.

20. CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED

  1. From DCC; Letter dated 3 July 2002 concerning the Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole Plan News.
  2. From WDDC; None
  3. Letter from Dorset Police concerning the 'Dorset Police Ringmaster system'
There being no further business for discussion the meeting closed at 9.00pm.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR

  1. Grass cutting at Hollow Way
  2. Copperstone proposed development.
  3. Condition of Open Space, Clerk to reply to Valley View Residents Society letter.