Present: Bob Dennis(Chair), Sarah Butcher, Pennie Jones, Colin Sparkes, & Alan Stenning, In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).


37.1 - To remind Parish Councillors of the need to make a Declaration of Interest on any Agenda items where personal or prejudicial interest may arise. E.g. A Grant request for a Village Hall Project, or a Planning Application adjacent to a Parish Councillor's home.

37.2 - Sarah Butcher made a Declaration of Interest in Planning Application 1/D/11/001175 & 1/D/11/001176, and will withdraw at the point when these Applications are discussed.


38.1 There were apologies from - Elizabeth Welch, Debbie Jack, David Stubbs, Karl Wallace, & County Councillor Ron Coatsworth.


The Minutes of the previous Meeting of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 11 July 2011, were accepted as true records and duly signed by the Chairman.


40.3 Numbering of Minutes from May 2011. Minutes to be numbered sequentially i.e. May - 1 to 12, June - 13 to 24, July - 25 to 36, August - 37 to 48, September - 49 to 60, October - 61 to 72 , November - 73 to 84, December - no Meeting, January 2012 - 85 to 96, February 2012 -97 to 108, March 2012 - 109 to 120, & April 2012 - 121 to 132. This is following the advice of the Internal Auditor, and creates a unique set of Minutes for each month in the year.


At 7.05 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view on matters of local interest. At 7.20 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's agenda, there being no further matters raised. n.b. - There were 4 members of the public present at the Meeting -


David Tett gave the following Report :-

August is a comparatively quiet month with very few Meetings. However, there has been a further public consultation of the latest set of plans for South West Quadrant.

English Heritage has yet to comment, but the District Council appears more amenable.

With regard to the Partnership Agreement with the Weymouth and Portland Borough Council, more redundancies seem likely than first envisaged. Due to the economic climate, the natural turnover is much reduced and coupled with a 25% reduction in government Grant, the District Council needs to make planned savings sooner. However, at the last Full Meeting of the Council, I did receive the Leader's assurance that the cuts would be no greater than justified.

The residents of the new development, The Orchards, off Lansdowne Road are experiencing problems with deliveries and are looking for some suitable signage being erected. Mrs Joan Regan, your former Council Chairperson, raised this matter with me: and I believe it may be on your Agenda of Parish Matters for this evening's Meeting.

One of next items for the Efficiency Scrutiny Committee will be the state of our Public Toilets in the District. Lyme Regis has experienced problems over their toilets and, in particular, over their cleaning.

I am being asked to raise this matter this evening and if any of your Members have experienced problems and , in particular, with regard to their state and condition when using District Council Public Conveniences in West Dorset, if you could give me some facts for consideration by the Efficiency Scrutiny Committee.


Mark Roberts - had little to add except that some compulsory redundancies are likely as the cuts are greater than 25%. Mark requested that the detailed PLANNING AGENDA could be provided to District Councillors in advance of the monthly PC Meeting. The Clerk agreed that copies could be available upon request.


Ron Coatsworth - had sent apologies to the Meeting -

NB - The Clerk mentioned that he had previously e mailed Ron re the need for a higher cut back of vegetation overhanging Lower Walditch Road, & the high bank in Hollow Way, Bothenhampton.


Pre Planning Application - see notes held by Clerk - Drawings of the proposed extension at 3 Wych Hill were shown to the Parish Councillors present, and they were collectively of the view that it was unlikely that any objections would be made if a similar Application was submitted.

a) Applications received from WDDC/DDC :-

1/D/11/000902 - 76 Crock Lane - Summer House, mobile chicken coup, redesign concrete steps & fencing - to Bob at 11/7/11 Meeting - Action - Corporate View to recommend Approval of Planning Consent -

1/D/11/001175 - Cosy Cot, Main Street, Bothenhampton - Demolish rear extensions & replace with new design - to Colin 28/7/11 - Action - Corporate View to recommend Approval of Planning Consent -

1/D/11/001176 - Cosy Cot - Listed Building Consent for above Application - to Colin 28/7/11 - Corporate View to recommend Approval of Planning Consent -

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

NMA/11/00063 - 60 Howard Road - Granting of Non Material Amendment to Application 1/D/11/000336 - to make conservatory smaller in width 3500 from 5400 ( all other measurements to remain the same ) -

1/D/11/000806 - 2 Valley View, Gundry Road - Refusal of Planning Permission for two storey extension -

1/D/11/000833 - 3 Wych Hill - Alterations & addition of dormer window - Withdrawn -

1/D/11/000871 - Land adjacent East Road, Bridport - Withdrawn Planning proposal for 3 cottages & parking area -

1/D/11/000888 - Barnfield, Walditch - Garden store/potting shed - Approval -

CA/11/00201 - Berry Farm, Walditch - to fell 1 Ash Tree - WDDC Authorisation -


Receipts - Business Reserve Account 71236120 - 0.61p

NB - Cheque 1160 payable to CPRE & dated 13/6/11 now presented, & cheque 1168 payable to CPRE & dated 11/7/11, has been returned & not presented - see note to Chairman at this Meeting -

i) Statement of Current Account as at 31 July 2011 - 9613.49

ii) Accounts for Payment

Less outstanding cheques as listed :

1176 - Bothenhampton Village Hall - rental 11/7/11 - 12.00

1177 - C T Dobbs - Expenses - 62.32

1178 - C T Dobbs - July Salary - 379.08

Total 453.40

Balance 9160.09 Proposed for payment by Colin Sparkes , seconded by Pennie Jones , and carried by all Parish Councillors present.


- n.b. All items to be introduced by Clerk unless specified on Agenda -

47.1 - Karl Wallace & Geoff Matthews to outline progress at APM on Monday 9th May 2011 - to June 2011 Meeting - Action - postponed to July Meeting - Clerk to obtain Plans of both sites from Land Registry - Action - Chair instructed Clerk to take off Agenda & give to Karl to take forward - Action - Clerk informed Karl of need to take forward to obtain a public view -

47.2 - Requests for additional Grit Bins - update from Clerk - Action - no contact from DCC - suggest BWPC to action at July Meeting - Action - agreed to make decisions re number of Grit Bins at next Meeting - Action - to confer with Chair before next Meeting re number of GritBins to order - Action - Clerk had meeting with Chair, who agreed that a minimum of 12 Gritbins could be recommended for PC purchase. Suggested that BTC Clerk, Bob Gillis, is contacted re the possibility of a central grit store etc. Clerk to make enquiries with DCC re their approval -

47.3 - Higher cuts to Verges in Lower Walditch Road, & Hollow Way, Bothenhampton - Action - to request that County Councillor Ron Coatsworth pursues request - Action - Clerk agreed to send further reminder to County Councillor Ron Coatsworth who had sent apologies to this Meeting -

47.4 - Lengthsman's duties for 12/7/11 - Action - tasks as listed in Log for Tuesday 12 July 2011 - Action - additional items added to list at Meeting -

47.5 - Walditch Sycamore Avenue - Action - Deferred to next Meeting for Debbie Jack to report on recent site meeting with Graham Cox -To September Meeting - No Action -

47.6 - Progress of High pavement - Action - Clerk instructed to e mail DCC Principal Engineer, John Burridge, to request tidying of site. A presentation by John Burridge has been arranged for Monday 5th September at Bothenhampton Village Hall for 7 pm start - Action - Clerk to confer with Claire Parrott, DCC Engineer, re distribution of letters & posters to advertise 5th September meeting -

47.7 - Footpath from Mountjoy/Wych Hill to reservoir W5/15 - Action - Clerk outlined that Bridleway is to be upgraded by Wessex Water to enable works access to the Reservoir on Bothenhampton Nature Reserve

47.8 - Review of de restricted 30 m.p.h. limit through Walditch Village - Alan Stenning - Action - Action - Clerk to contact DCC Road Safety Unit on 01305 225196 -

47.9 - BLAP/Colin Sparkes concern re vehicles using Sat Nav through villages - Action - Draft letter to be approved by PC for August Meeting - Action - Meeting approved letter to Oliver Letwin MP, with copy to BLAP -

47.10 - Allocation of Areas of Responsibility for 2011/12 - Action - to September Meeting -

47.11 - Training Courses for Parish Councillors & Clerk - Action - PC approved attendance of Clerk to training meeting in September, & Colin Sparkes to Councillors Update in November -

Proposals for the Parish Matters Agenda of the September 2011 Meeting -

Colin mentioned poor attendance at recent Street Lighting Meeting at Marsh Barn - No Action taken for September Meeting -

48. CORRESPONDENCE - to be tabled at Meeting.

N.B. All correspondence is available from Clerk unless assigned to a Parish Councillor as listed.

48.1 - Funding for Recreation - to Pennie Jones -

48.2 - Request for Parish Transport Rep - to Elizabeth Welch at September Meeting -

48.3 - Dorset Police - Station Enquiry Offices - No Action - awaiting August letter -

48.4 - DAPTC Newsletter - Action - to distribute -

48.5 - CPRE Fieldwork Journal - to Pennie Jones -

48.6 - WDDC Community Link - Copy to Clerk -

The next Meeting will be held in Walditch Village Hall on Monday 12 September 2011, commencing at 7 pm.

There being no further business to discuss, the Meeting closed at 8.25 p.m.


Monday 8 August 2011 :-

Eileen Harding expressed concern re the state of the buttressed wall alongside the pavement in Valley Road. The owners have put up a barrier as a buttress is damaged, but Eileen is of the view that consideration should be given to closing the footpath.

Dave Smith, who lives in 3 Wych Hill, mentioned that he had withdrawn an Application to construct Dormer Windows in a roof extension on his property. He had presented to the PC outline plans of a possible new proposal where some dormers had been replaced by roof lights, and requested the Parish Council pre planning view on the matter. The Clerk indicated that the pre planning request would be discussed on the 'Planning Agenda,' of the PC Meeting to follow the Democratic Half Hour.