MINUTES OF THE BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL, WALDITCH ON MONDAY 14 AUGUST 2006 AT 7 PM.

Present: Alan Stenning (Chair), Geoff Matthews (Vice Chairman), Mrs Dorothy England, David Stubbs, In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

1. APOLOGIES.

Apologies were received from Bob Dennis, Karl Wallace.

2. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meeting of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 10th July were accepted as a true record of the Meeting and duly signed.

3. MATTERS ARISING.

There were no matters arising.

4. DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.09 pm, the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their views on matters of local interest. At 7.19 pm the meeting re-convened to complete the Council's agenda there being no further matters raised.

5. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR BOTHENHAMPTON,

DAVID TETT. Post Office - Motion.
For me personally, August has been a comparatively quiet month!

However, I would mention that I laid before the Executive Committee, a Motion calling on the District Council to resist any further cuts and withdrawal in the services administered by our Post Offices without proper dialogue.

As you will probably appreciate that, as from the 1st August, you can no longer purchase a TV Licence at The Post Office; and in 2010 will see the end of over the Counter benefits payments and the withdrawal of the Post Office Card Account.

The Motion was approved and hopefully will be ratified by the Full Council at its Meeting in September; it also has the support of our Member of Parliament, Oliver Letwin.

6. REPORT BY WDCC COUNCILLOR FOR WALDITCH

No report was made.

7. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH

Ron Coatsworth noted footpath 23 diversion in Walditch which should be discussed further by Parish Councillors.

DCC - Footpath extingishment Order (part of Footpath 23) - written comments for Meeting on 11 September 2006.

8. PLANNING.

a) Applications received from WDDC/DCC.

1/W/06/001006 Parsonage Cottage, Walditch - erect conservatory.
1/W/06/001254 5 Green Lane - erect conservatory.
1/W/06/001185 7 Valley Road - rear extension
1/W/06/001412 Land at Mount Joy - develop land - outline planning
1/W/06/001411 2 Bowhayes - erect conservatory
b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc. 1/W/06/001006 Home Farmhouse - porch and 1st floor extension - Approval
1/W/06/000814 87 Crock Lane - erect replacement sheds/garages - Approval
ENF/06/00279 18 Crock Lane - no breach of planning control
1/W/06/001054 20 East Road - erect Porta Cabin - Approval.

9. FINANCE

A] Finance Statement of Account as at 31 July 2006 - 12,716.69

B] Accounts for Payment.

811 Bothenhampton Village Hall 24.00 ) signed
812 David Landscapes 650.36 ) 10 July 06.
813 C T Dobbs Salary 314.21
814 Inland Revenue 88.62
815 David Landscapes 378.64

10. PARISH MATTERS.

10.1 Visit from WATAG members Bob Driscoll, Gavin Maxwell and Meg Marsh who outlined the continuing debate regarding bus routes/stops in Sea Road South. After some considerable discussion there was a view that the 45 bus routes should run as close as possible to Bothenhampton.

10.2 External Audit - Annual Return was duly signed by the Chairman as a completed document to be sent for approval before 25th September 2006. Clerk intends to post the Annual Return on 23 August 06, and has promulgated a public notice to invited electors to inspect the recently audited accounts. Accounts may be inspected from 21 August 06 to 18 September 06, within specified hours as listed on Bothenhampton Village Hall Notice Board.

Audit Requirements.

10.3 Fidelity Guarantee, which is presently 4,000, to be reviewed. Recommended amount is 47,000. Proposal Form requested from Insurers (Allianz Cornhill). To be considered at September Meeting.

10.4 Review of Standing Orders (previously adopted by Parish Council on 24 October 1988), recommended David Stubbs to review present Standing Orders against NALC Model Standing Orders, and Report to next Meeting on 11 September 06.

10.5 Review of Financial Regulations.
The NALC Model 2 (England), was reviewed and adopted as Financial Regulations for Bothenhampton & Walditch Parish Council on Monday 14th August 06.

10.6 The Clerk, Christopher Dobbs, was appointed as Responsible Financial Officer for Bothenhampton & Walditch Parish Council (to be backdated from date of appointment i.e. 1st January 06).

10.7 Playground direction signs for Walditch Village - Dorset County Council has agreed to pay for a finger post sign, up to 400, and quotations are being sought by Geoff Matthews.

10.8 New Councillor Training - Councillors were informed of training facilities available in September 06

10.9 Dorset Waste Forum - Geoff plans to attend the next Meeting of the Dorset Waste Forum at Winfrith in November.

10.10 Summer Newsletter - written and collated by Geoff who has arranged for distribution via The Bridge - September issue.

10.11 Overgrown hedge at entrance to Burton Road from Mount Joy junction - Peggy England concerned re safety - Ron Coatsworth to contact Maintenance Department.

John Holt Play Area - October Working Party to be arranged at September Meeting for maintenance in and around Play Area. Schedule to include - repair goal posts, remove dead tree and ivy on boundary wall. Some trimming back of overhead branches required.

11.CORRESPONDENCE

The following correspondence was considered by Parish Councillors.

1. WDDC Community Involvement.
2. Walditch Village Hall - Village Family Fun Day Sunday 3rd September 06. Clerk has requested grass to be cut and replied to letter from Secretary.
3. DCC Footpath Extinguishment Order. Footpath 23 Walditch - Action Alan.
4. Spatial Strategy Report.
5. DAPTC Chairman Seminar 20 September 06 - Action Alan.
6. Letter of thanks from Richard and Sue Chadney.
7. Environment Agency Report.
8. Connect Report.
9. Letter from Bridport TC re Allotments. Action - Clerk.
10. Open Spaces Society - for September Meeting.
11. DCC Corporate Plan
12. Review of Public Library Service. Action - Clerk.

The next Meeting will be held in Walditch Village Hall on Monday 11th September 2006 commencing at 7.00 p.m.

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.15 pm.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

Roger Ffooks indicated concern regarding the cutting down of vegetation in Hollow Way. While DCC had agreed to carry out 15 cuts, only 1 so far has been completed. Ron Coatsworth agreed to investigate via Asst. Maintenance Manager Kevin Chellada.