MINUTES OF THE BOTHENHAMPTON & WALDITCH PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL, BOTHENHAMPTON ON MONDAY 2 APRIL 2007 AT 7 PM.

Present: Alan Stenning (Chair), Geoff Matthews (Vice Chairman), David Stubbs, In attendance: Chris Dobbs (Clerk).

1. APOLOGIES.

Apologies were received from David Tett.

2. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Minutes of the previous Meeting of Bothenhampton and Walditch Parish Council held on Monday 12 February 2007 and the Extraordinary Meeting held on Monday 19th March at Holy Trinity, Bothenhampton, were accepted as a true record of the Meeting and duly signed by the Chairman.

3. MATTERS ARISING.

Letter from Rod Mainstone, Principal Engineer.
"Thank you for your letter of 20th March, in which you confirmed your intention to proceed with updating of Parish owned lighting in Bothenhampton in 2007-2008. A detailed estimate has been requested from our contractor and will be provided shortly."

4. DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

At 7.08 p.m. the Meeting was adjourned to enable members of the public to air their view of matters of local interest. At 7.12 p.m. the Meeting re-convened to complete the Council's agenda there being no further matters raised.

5. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR BOTHENHAMPTON, DAVID TETT.

David has given apologies.

6. REPORT BY WDDC COUNCILLOR FOR WALDITCH

Mark Roberts commented on the Pathfinder Project where Councils have been encouraged to work together e.g. WDDC AND Portland on Housing Benefits.

7. REPORT BY DCC COUNCILLOR - RON COATSWORTH

Pathfinder Project - apparently no money is available for implementation.

Health - Urology - problem in Dorset where complex operations should be 50 per year. Bournemouth/Poole complete 50/70 operations per year, & Dorchester, 25.

Concern about Weymouth Relief Road to Portland.

8. PLANNING.

a) Applications received from WDDC/DCC.

Letter to Dr Evans from Mr Perry HH/06/00002
Petrol Filling Station, East Road. 1/W/07/000201
Crest Cottage, Long Lane 1/W/07/000348
1 Hyde Cottage, Walditch. 1/W/07/000276
3 Hill View, Walditch. 1/W/07/000324
4 Maple Gardens 1/W/07/000455
21 East Road. 1/W/07/000417

b) Decisions by WDDC/DCC etc.

CA/07/00088 Mountain Ash - does not need approval. Tree Officer from May 2007.
Footpath 23 change to definitive may, Walditch.
Corner Cottage 1/W/07/000189, 1/W/07/000188 - Approval.
Blueberry Hill Farm - concerned comments from Del Davies.

.

9. FINANCE

A] Finance Statement of Account as at 31 March 2007 - 7,348.44 plus 9,894 Lottery, Awards for All Grant,( for John Gundry Playground Project).

B] Accounts for Payment in March 2007.

864 Inland Revenue 88.62
865 Clerk's Salary 314.21
866 Office Accommodation 97.50
867 Clerk's Expenses 65.29
868 Walditch Village Hall 15.00

All listed were proposed for payment - proposer, Geoff Matthews, seconded by Alan Stenning.
Planned Presentation to Peggy England - with appreciation and thanks for your long and valuable service to Bothenhampton & Walditch P.C.

10. PARISH MATTERS.

10.1
Grass Cutting Contract 2007. Parish Councillors present agreed to renew contract with David Landscapes - Action - Clerk to write letter.

10.2
Parish Council Elections - Councillors present had all reapplied and were unopposed. Concern was expressed re lack of potential candidates. Action - Geoff to write to Bridport News for Thursday 10th May regarding the 2 Co-option vacancies for Bothenhampton and Walditch. Letter should include invitation to residents to attend Annual Parish Meeting on Monday 14 May at 6.30 p.m., Bothenhampton Village Hall. Geoff to give an outline introduction on Being a Parish Councillor.

10.3.
Warning Sign placed on Ab Antiqua, (Item requested for Parish Matters Agenda by Karl Wallace, who was not present at Meeting).

10.4.
Clerk presented letter written to Oliver Letwin for PC approval, concerning the need for a Pedestrian Crossing in Sea Road South. Action - approved by PC.

10.5.
Parish Owned Street Lighting. - See 3. - Matters Arising.

10.6.
Annual Audit 2007.
Councillors were made aware of Audit requirements for 2006/07 Parish Accounts. Action - Clerk to arrange internal audit for June 07.

10.7.
Parish Council Insurance due June 2007. Action - payment for May 2007.

10.8
Letters have been received from Duck Street residents, concerning difficulties at road junction with Main Street and speeding of vehicles through village.
Alan Stenning raised concern about Uplands junction with Walditch Road.
Action - Clerk to arrange site meetings with DCC Road Safety Staff, Councillors, Clerk, and Residents to discuss matter.

10.9
Burton Road/Crown Roundabout improvements to access - Highways Authority will consider for 2008.
Action - to raise subject for May 2007 Meeting.

11.CORRESPONDENCE

11.1 West Dorset Streams Cams - to David Stubbs

11.2 CPRE - Westbury By Pass Objections - no action.

11.3 CPRE - Subscription - to renew at May Meeting.

11.4 Purbeck & West Dorset Enabler Programme. - Action - Approved by PC.

11.5 Libraries 2007/08 - Action - to monitor re future developments.

11.6 CAB. Thank you letter - Action - documented to Accounts file.

11.7 Statement of Community Involvement - Action - Approved by PC.

11.8 West Dorset Empty Property Strategy - Action - to Geoff Matthews.

11.9 Ironman Triathlon - No action.

11.10 Homewatch - Action - to contact Community PC Caroline Orchard to review developments for Bothenhampton.

The next Meeting will be held in Bothenhampton Village Hall on Monday 14 May 2007, commencing at 8.00 p.m.

There being no further business to discuss, the meeting closed at 9.15 pm.

MATTERS RAISED IN THE DEMOCRATIC HALF HOUR.

Roger expressed concern about Street Cleaning. Asked if the Parish Council could obtain a schedule of Street Cleaning for Bothenhampton.